Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Tint Mask and Default Color issues

NightmareT12

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, nickelshark said:

Yeah those dots on the head bother me. I still run the default look every so often but I more than often run the sentient Slayer skin due to all the issues.

The worst part is that I saw a cosplay for TennoCon and the guy mistook the points for an intended design thing. Man, I was sad.

Also bump for this is still an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I look in my calendar and realize that in roughly 2 weeks this will be a year old thread, I've started reporting the other three frames that demand it: Rhino being already done, Ember and Nyx soon to follow.

It saddens me that in all this time it hasn't been possible to tackle it, even though on the other hand all of last years updates were quite demanding, especially Plains of Eidolon, and some other behind the scenes we don't know about.

I just hope the Art team can have some of the character artists look at it soon. I also must say that, even though I know for certain that DE reads the subforum (because of various things that end up getting fixed), it's dishearting to hear so little of the Art team back :(

Gameplay balance is usually discussed on Prime Time and Devstreams, Pablo is active on Twitter and George is a freaking beast (he's always replying here and there). If someone from the community team reads me please try to get some of the people look at this and interact with us a little more. Kaz is here but her main thing is TennoGen, so we could use someone else (bonus points if it was Geoff himself). It would be highly appreciated, because if only my list of stuff alone goes as far back as 2015-2016 I can't imagine what other people have reported. Yikes.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

i wonder if the lack of attention to excalibur prime has something to do with the small RoI that it will surely offer. I mean, the errors pointed seem to be really small, but even then , i wonder how much of a percentage of the community can see these by themselves since this is money and time gated content that will never return, turning its owners into nothing but a shrinking percentage of a growing community, making it not worth the effort when compared to other things such as Venus open Landscape, new primes, new rooms for older tilesets, new cosmetic stuff, you know, basically anything art related that the whole community can get to use.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

i wonder if the lack of attention to excalibur prime has something to do with the small RoI that it will surely offer. I mean, the errors pointed seem to be really small, but even then , i wonder how much of a percentage of the community can see these by themselves since this is money and time gated content that will never return, turning its owners into nothing but a shrinking percentage of a growing community, making it not worth the effort when compared to other things such as Venus open Landscape, new primes, new rooms for older tilesets, new cosmetic stuff, you know, basically anything art related that the whole community can get to use.

This point would be disporven by the other three Primes though.

And even then there is really no excuse, because PBR updates are meant to be that, an update or rather upgrade to a new shader. Some of the issues overlooked in these would have been simply being avoided by having someone else check them and report back, then eventually everything would be fine.

There is no way anyone should get less than before or in worse condition and settle for it, whatever it is, whether in a videogame or not. Especially when the people at DE can and do come out with superb stuff.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

This point would be disporven by the other three Primes though.

Are you serious? DE has been trying to be as efficient as possible with their resources, which lead them to remove trials, for example. This gets reinforced if we keep in mind that, unlike Excalibur prime, the other 3 frames (Rhino, Ember and Nyx) can be unvaulted and sold whenever DE wants to, and even while vaulted players can still sell their parts or relics to keep the platinum market moving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Are you serious? DE has been trying to be as efficient as possible with their resources, which lead them to remove trials, for example. This gets reinforced if we keep in mind that, unlike Excalibur prime, the other 3 frames (Rhino, Ember and Nyx) can be unvaulted and sold whenever DE wants to, and even while vaulted players can still sell their parts or relics to keep the platinum market moving.

Maybe you will want to re read my post again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Maybe you will want to re read my post again.

it still doesn't make much sense even after the edit

13 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

And even then there is really no excuse, because PBR updates are meant to be that, an update or rather upgrade to a new shader.

A new shader that makes textures to stop looking like plastic and turns them into different materials, metal included. as far as i can see, Excalibur prime has already been upgraded with PBR, your complaint comes mostly because of some small pints out of place that most likely no one would find unless they a) have the item in question; and b) start actively searching for the smallest details possible.

18 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Some of the issues overlooked in these would have been simply being avoided by having someone else check them and report back, then eventually everything would be fine.

There is no way anyone should get less than before or in worse condition and settle for it, whatever it is, whether in a videogame or not. Especially when the people at DE can and do come out with superb stuff.

Would you prefer to go back to the plastic Max Steelibur Prime until they decide to look at it again? would it be better if the resource efficient DE sent resources that could be used to improve the game for everyone, into making a fix that can't offer any further return despite how much resources are invested on it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

it still doesn't make much sense even after the edit

A new shader that makes textures to stop looking like plastic and turns them into different materials, metal included. as far as i can see, Excalibur prime has already been upgraded with PBR, your complaint comes mostly because of some small pints out of place that most likely no one would find unless they a) have the item in question; and b) start actively searching for the smallest details possible.

Would you prefer to go back to the plastic Max Steelibur Prime until they decide to look at it again? would it be better if the resource efficient DE sent resources that could be used to improve the game for everyone, into making a fix that can't offer any further return despite how much resources are invested on it?

Wow dude. Wow.

I'd rather not even try to fully answer you, because I would get one warning point, or even two, in return. I'll just say you come out as a very deconsiderate person, to me and to anyone else in this thread who's basically come out to say "I'm not happy with the state he is in".

Every time I do a feedback thread or make a suggestion, I try to follow one single premise: That it's up to their standards and it follows their very own concept. In this case, it does not. And neither it does in Rhino Prime's, Ember Prime, Nyx Prime or even Mag Prime.

All I ask of DE is that they keep doing their job as good as possible, up to the standards (and even raise it) they've proven me year after year since 2013 are able to. And in the case something happens it's no biggie, DE can always go back to it. It's just sometimes things seem to slip through cracks. Like the Noru Prime Syandana. Like Trinity Prime using only half the shaders as PBR. We could get that fixed because I messaged someone in the Art team directly. That's the issue I try to put here. There's a chain that's clearly not working, I should not be messaging the people directly to get stuff fixed, yet I have to ressort to. That's why we have these subforums.

So please, show some respect towards this. Because I think I do what as a customer is my right and even my duty, and I believe I'm showing them some respect on the issue, even to the point that I'm trying to be as accurate as possible so they have the easiest time possible fixing it.

Also you can't compare Raids to fixing a tint mask file. It's not the same thing at all.

Also I'll refrain from keep this going. I don't want the thread closed or something. So please.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Wow dude. Wow.

I'd rather not even try to fully answer you, because I would get one warning point, or even two, in return. I'll just say you come out as a very deconsiderate person, to me and to anyone else in this thread who's basically come out to say "I'm not happy with the state he is in".

I'm not disagreeing with your thread, just pointing the stance that DE seems to be taking lately and how making a fix like this goes against that stance; proof being the delay between the time this post was created and the current lack of acknowledgement on DE's behalf.

Every time I do a feedback thread or make a suggestion, I try to follow one single premise: That it's up to their standards and it follows their very own concept. In this case, it does not. And neither it does in Rhino Prime's, Ember Prime, Nyx Prime or even Mag Prime.

All I ask of DE is that they keep doing their job as good as possible, up to the standards (and even raise it) they've proven me year after year since 2013 are able to. And in the case something happens it's no biggie, DE can always go back to it. It's just sometimes things seem to slip through cracks. Like the Noru Prime Syandana. Like Trinity Prime using only half the shaders as PBR. We could get that fixed because I messaged someone in the Art team directly. That's the issue I try to put here.

sure! but as pointed before, every single piece of primed gear (barring Excalibur, Lato and Skana) can generate returns if DE invests resources in them; those could still generate income even if DE invests no resources in them, so there's still no comparison between going back and fixing Noru Prime or doing the same for Excalibur prime due to reasons already pointed plenty of times before and that both of us should know really well.

There's a chain that's clearly not working, I should not be messaging the people directly to get stuff fixed, yet I have to ressort to. That's why we have these subforums.

I can entirely agree on that as well

So please, show some respect towards this.

So I'm a disrespectful and deconsiderate person just for pointing out reasons why this issue may not be addressed anytime soon...

Because I think I do what as a customer is my right and even my duty, and I believe I'm showing them some respect on the issue, even to the point that I'm trying to be as accurate as possible so they have the easiest time possible fixing it.

Pssst, I'm a customer as well, and even tough I initially agreed on this needing a fix, now I think that it would be better to let DE follow what they are doing and focus mainly on things that benefit the whole community instead of going back to gear that has already been improved and that will benefit just a handful of active players.

Also you can't compare Raids to fixing a tint mask file. It's not the same thing at all.

I'm not even making a comparison, just pointing how DE seems to be focusing on getting the biggest RoI for the smallest effort possible. Trials are an example of things that were not giving enough to justifiy in their investment because of the high amount of resources needed to keep them going and their small playerbase. Following that logic shown by DE themselves, putting effort into something that can't give them any return is just nonsense.

Also I'll refrain from keep this going. I don't want the thread closed or something. So please.

nice! if you can't stay civil in your own thread and show some respect to someone who has a different idea to yours to the point where replying with your actual thoughts makes you risk to get not only one, but probably even 2 warning points, I guess you're doing the right thing. good luck!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I absolutely dread when they say they are going to PBR something because I really hate how they will "innovate" or change the tint layouts. Like how Hydroid ever since his PBR has got WAY too much Primary tint riddled over his legs. Makes him look too busy. I don't understand why they completely change the channels when the old designs were way superior.

The old Excalibur Prime tintmasks look way nicer, the way the sides of the neck, upper chest and shoulders are all tied to eachother as well as the front of his helmet. In the after pics he looks too boring and has too much of one color taking up space.

For you and the rest of the Founder's sake, I really hope they fix this for you guys.

1 hour ago, Xylyssa said:

I absolutely dread when they say they are going to PBR something because I really hate how they will "innovate" or change the tint layouts. Like how Hydroid ever since his PBR has got WAY too much Primary tint riddled over his legs. Makes him look too busy. I don't understand why they completely change the channels when the old designs were way superior. 

The old Excalibur Prime tintmasks look way nicer, the way the sides of the neck, upper chest and shoulders are all tied to eachother as well as the front of his helmet. In the after pics he looks too boring and has too much of one color taking up space.

For you and the rest of the Founder's sake, I really hope they fix this for you guys.

Well, we actually chose that in a poll (that Rebb forgot to lock at all this :P). A tint always needs to be sacrificed to make way for the gold, and unfortunately there's no easy solution to make 5 tints available (I even took some time to look for ways to do this, none of the solutions available were that good, always had a downside). If Excalibur Prime had been done today, he'd be distributed like he currently is (which is what makes most sense anyways) and probably have a different design for the back.

The issue with the tint mask is in this case different, as for various reasons there's various mistakes here and there -- some are because we tried to ask for some stuff back, some because of overlooks. Whatever the case, it shouldn't take too long to fix AFAIK by someone on the character department. Worst part of the problem is this isn't the only one -- Rhino, Nyx and EMber have issues of this kind as well, and then Loki, Ember, Rhino and Mag have missing Orokin text. On top of this, as you know, Mag Prime mis missing a chunk of textures (which I remember sending Kary alongside a list some time ago, surprised it never got tackled as the rest of the issues got fixed).

I also have taken a look at that Hydroid thread you did back in the day. I'd swear I took pictures of Hydroid pre conversion after these ones... I'll have to check my old screenshots folder.

11 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, we actually chose that in a poll (that Rebb forgot to lock at all this :P). A tint always needs to be sacrificed to make way for the gold, and unfortunately there's no easy solution to make 5 tints available (I even took some time to look for ways to do this, none of the solutions available were that good, always had a downside). If Excalibur Prime had been done today, he'd be distributed like he currently is (which is what makes most sense anyways) and probably have a different design for the back.

The issue with the tint mask is in this case different, as for various reasons there's various mistakes here and there -- some are because we tried to ask for some stuff back, some because of overlooks. Whatever the case, it shouldn't take too long to fix AFAIK by someone on the character department. Worst part of the problem is this isn't the only one -- Rhino, Nyx and EMber have issues of this kind as well, and then Loki, Ember, Rhino and Mag have missing Orokin text. On top of this, as you know, Mag Prime mis missing a chunk of textures (which I remember sending Kary alongside a list some time ago, surprised it never got tackled as the rest of the issues got fixed).

I also have taken a look at that Hydroid thread you did back in the day. I'd swear I took pictures of Hydroid pre conversion after these ones... I'll have to check my old screenshots folder.

Is there any way one could contact the devs about these things directly? I understand they are always busy with new and upcoming content as well as repairing broken or bugged content, and I'd love to be able to ask them if they would take charity work. I've played this game so much that it drives me crazy to see all these bugs and I so deeply want to ask them if I could fix the various broken or low res textures myself. I'm no rookie when it comes to fixing textures for existing games and I'd love to be able to ask if they need a helping hand. I wouldn;t even want credit, I just want to help. 😞

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And I guess, with the Sacrifice coming out later this month, I'll give this topic a final push. At least I hope someone can say that at least it's logged :')

Otherwise I just hope we can use the Umbra model on Prime and I'll call it a day with Prime 2.0 I guess. Still would feel disappointed though, since it'd mean the other Primes would not be fixed as well, and, well, I like my Excal Prime actually.

Edited by NightmareT12

vor 9 Minuten schrieb NightmareT12:

And I guess, with the Sacrifice coming out later this month, I'll give this topic a final push. At least I hope someone can say that at least it's logged :')

Otherwise I just hope we can use the Umbra model on Prime and I'll call it a day with Prime 2.0 I guess. Still would feel disappointed though, since it'd mean the other Primes would not be fixed as well, and, well, I like my Excal Prime actually.

If this stays that way and we wont get any fixes.. then im also very disappointed.. On a site-note: Excalibur Umbra will likely also wield an exalted skana prime blade.. which is a sad copy of the only special ability animation-thing excal prime has to offer.. An exalted nikana prime blade would have been possible too.. there were enough time

6 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

If this stays that way and we wont get any fixes.. then im also very disappointed.. On a site-note: Excalibur Umbra will likely also wield an exalted skana prime blade.. which is a sad copy of the only special ability animation-thing excal prime has to offer.. An exalted nikana prime blade would have been possible too.. there were enough time

There's no logic behind giving Excal Umbra Skana Prime as an exalted weapon, it's not even a part of his founder pack. I really hope DE will swap it to Nikana Prime model minus the sheath.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Ksaero:

There's no logic behind giving Excal Umbra Skana Prime as an exalted weapon, it's not even a part of his founder pack. I really hope DE will swap it to Nikana Prime model minus the sheath.

i hope so..

(but enough on this side note.. everything has been said)

16 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

A Nikana would look quite bad though. I'm really okay with a Skana Prime for Excal Umbra, and in fact it's a good opportunity to see where this goes.

I'm really excited to see how the new line will change effects regarding Primes and normal variants 🙂

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

nothing fixed here.. either they dont care or didnt read this yet

They just recently attempted (not fixed yet) to fix an issue with Mag Prime I reported well before this, so they probably need to catch up. The tint mask stuff requires quite some time to fix (and I guess sometimes it's ignored or pushed back in favor of other stuff). I still hope they can adress this at some point though.