Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime Tint Mask and Default Color issues

NightmareT12

Oof. Yeah, I get that there's a lot DE has to get through, but honestly, there should be some semblance of first-reported, first-fixed. Your issue has been around for so long, it's a bit of a travesty that it hasn't gotten fixed yet. If I see a rare Excalibur Prime in the wild, it's just gonna be disappointing, knowing how janky the tint mask is.
C'mon DE, it shouldn't take nearly 2 years to get to such a blatant and well-documented issue as this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

even the noggle has this hole in the back

Well, I think they use the source textures. The biggest caveat though is the wrong colors and the helmet wrong markings (that are now everywhere since DE updated the icons with the wrong textures, ayy).

Guess better luck next year :C

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost 2 year anniversary bump (6 days away). And I want to say something here: Whether you want this fixed or not, one can most likely agree that it's absolutely dishearting to see any issue being ignored. This is no longer for this specific Prime issue. I keep an eye out on the Forums every day, I enter to see all topics in this department and the Art Bugs one.

I've seen topics be ignored (and here I mean without any kind of update for the matter) for months and sometimes even years, I've seen literal 5-10 minute fixes be looked over (mispositioned clothes, hello?), I've seen issues being reported constantly on the Forums and Reddit not being adressed at all (hey, it's okay to say you can't work on something but tell us what's wrong. Looking at Legacy Colors + Favorites), a lack of updates on old stuff (PBR, cloth physics). When I see something I can kind of grasp, I make sure to tell the user in the topic what's wrong or why, which helps a bit. One would know when he's almost always (except for the short period Kary was here) met with.

It is dishearting DE. Absolutely dishearting. I have absolutely no idea on how the heck you guys work regarding fixes VS new content, but I think it's time to bring this to any table because honestly, I can't understand *at all* how ANY issue can be ignored up to a year. No offense meant to anyone, just would like to see something change after this game has evolved into this big ball of "left in the backburner". Please.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb NightmareT12:

Almost 2 year anniversary bump (6 days away). And I want to say something here: Whether you want this fixed or not, one can most likely agree that it's absolutely dishearting to see any issue being ignored. This is no longer for this specific Prime issue. I keep an eye out on the Forums every day, I enter to see all topics in this department and the Art Bugs one.

I've seen topics be ignored (and here I mean without any kind of update for the matter) for months and sometimes even years, I've seen literal 5-10 minute fixes be looked over (mispositioned clothes, hello?), I've seen issues being reported constantly on the Forums and Reddit not being adressed at all (hey, it's okay to say you can't work on something but tell us what's wrong. Looking at Legacy Colors + Favorites), a lack of updates on old stuff (PBR, cloth physics). When I see something I can kind of grasp, I make sure to tell the user in the topic what's wrong or why, which helps a bit. One would know when he's almost always (except for the short period Kary was here) met with.

It is dishearting DE. Absolutely dishearting. I have absolutely no idea on how the heck you guys work regarding fixes VS new content, but I think it's time to bring this to any table because honestly, I can't understand *at all* how ANY issue can be ignored up to a year. No offense meant to anyone, just would like to see something change after this game has evolved into this big ball of "left in the backburner". Please.

Exactly. One comment from DE on matters that are very old would be enough. just some Information to confirm that someone at DE´s read it

• 2 months later...

Let's be honest here...

DE should make an entire new model for Excalibur Prime.

They started off making Primes with just making some minor changes to the default model with some gold bits, a recolor and a different helmet. Nowadays, the Primes are COMPLETELY different from the original Warframe, but keep the same theme *I'm specifically talking about Banshee Prime and on*. Same goes for lots of the other original Primes. Frost Prime, Ember Prime, Mag Prime, Rhino Prime, just to name a few, are EXACTLY the same, but just have some texture difference, a different helmet, and some gold bits.

I get this would take up a lot of time, but how awesome would it be if some (if not all) of these older Primes got a brand new model? They can keep the helmet though... Since it's the ONLY unique part of the Prime compared to the default. But this is an impossible, isn't it? I doubt anything DE made 5-6 years ago is on there mind at this moment. Until then, they'll remain as a relic of a forgotten era... Literally. I'm no Founder, but here's a *bump* out of respect.

• Like 1

@--CV--Father_Nox Thanks for the bump. It is indeed true DE could make (and should make) some minor design changes to Excalibur, Frost and perhaps especially Mag (since Mynki decided to link two tint channels due the need of implementing PBR gold into one that kind of kills a part of the details she used to have). They don't need to be drastic. Still, having this issue fixed is really all I ask for, I think it'd be only fair to restore the quality of the item (and the other three Primes, affected more or less severely) post the last Prime PBR update.

On the other hand I must say, for the record, I'm sure I had another post here for a monthly bump to prevent the thread from being archived. I'm wondering why it disappeared.

• Like 1

@NightmareT12 For sure... My brain just went somewhere else thinking about possible looks for our old bois. But yeah, for sure, these minor issues with Excalibur should be the priority. I tend to overthink everything and end up spewing out some far out idea or something when it's not really that relevant... Sometimes it helps, most the time it doesn't lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
vor 1 Stunde schrieb NightmareT12:

The new armor set is getting the tints swapped on the spot, this is an issue that's been reported for more than 2 years for a premium item and it's still open. And there's 3 more in the queue behind.

😞

It is funny that Umbra Appearance issues  will receive a fix and adjustments, while excal primes appearance/ cosmetic options will remain lackluster and broken

15 minutes ago, Teshin_Dax said:

It is funny that Umbra Appearance issues  will receive a fix and adjustments, while excal primes appearance/ cosmetic options will remain lackluster and broken

Well, it's frustrating. I mean, to tell the truth, I celebrate stuff getting looked at as long as it's thought through, it's just 2 years and 4 months drain the patience out of anyone, really.

I don't mind things coming out wrong, just getting piled for absurd long periods of time 😞

Happy for everyone who loves Umbra though 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

I still think you guys should just be glad you have him honestly. 

Be wary of stating something like this for you are a consumer too.

What I mean is, imagine buying a limited edition remastered movie, the remaster has picture quality issues, you demand the expected correction, and someone said this. If you paid for it, you should expect the quality promised. That's exactly what I opened the thread for and it's the maximum from the consumer legal standpoint.

Not that I took it as an offense myself, just stating it as a friendly reminder that we all just bought an item in an offer made by a company.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-13 at 6:07 AM, nickelshark said:

Wow this thread is still going. It seems like such an easy fix as well. I do hope they fix this.

Just wanted to let you know your post was number 69. NICE

(DE plox, it seems easier to fix the more I look at it)

Edited by NightmareT12

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First bump of 2020 since it's still an issue. Extra points because now featured in cinematic.

I also noticed on an old 2014 screenie there's a ton of little gold parts that were not transitioned. IE: Look at between the leg and the leg holsters:

QGX71kd.jpg

Mynki's level of detail is ridicolously high lul. I'm hoping to see more stuff from him post Hildryn.

• Like 1