Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra mod slot for augment

magnumphreak

Hello.

I feel like it would be super cool to have a extra slot for skill augment so its easier to fit into your build. Maybe you could buy an item from your syndicate and it would unlock the slot? 

I think this would be pretty cool and open up some new ways to build

Lots of people have said the same (myself included). It would definitely help people learn to use the augments that are available instead of remaining with cookie-cutter builds. Heck, it might even teach people to use Nova's Antimatter Drop as well as her Molecular Prime!

What? you want something that can make us even stronger without penalties, drastically increasing the fun in each mission?!?!?! Are you crazy ? DE will never do that. /sarcasm

I'm totally ok with this idea. 4 augment specific slots, for each warframe. 

Ofc you will have to do some sort of challenge, quest, rng , an item similar to a forma/reactor/exilus etc etc, but this is surely far from doable for now.

Instead of a designated Augment Mod slot I would rather be able to switch between abilities and augments in the abilities section of the Arsenal. This would also show stat changes for the augment directly. 

Obviously you would only be allowed one maybe two augment at a time.

14 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Augmetn slots are basically power creep. If there were more than 1 augment of each skill it could be argued, but right now people just want more power with less sacrifice.

maybe you are forgetting that most augments are bandaids for DE  mistakes on frame abilities, same way as they do for weapons

- augments should be preinstalled in prime frames

- alternatively they could have their own slots but their mod cost is paid in mastery ranks

1 minute ago, Ikusias said:

maybe you are forgetting that most augments are bandaids for DE  mistakes on frame abilities, same way as they do for weapons

- augments should be preinstalled in prime frames

- alternatively they could have their own slots but their mod cost is paid in mastery ranks

"Most" augments being bandaids is an issue with the augment itself not the augment system. The augment system works fine, it trades power for a shift in frame ability.

Trying to fit in all cookie cutter mods and fit in all augments is basically asking for more power creep.

On 24/3/2017 at 6:58 PM, Buzkyl said:

"Most" augments being bandaids is an issue with the augment itself not the augment system. The augment system works fine, it trades power for a shift in frame ability.

Trying to fit in all cookie cutter mods and fit in all augments is basically asking for more power creep.

Sorry but I have to disagree, especially when some frames have more than 3 augments and others none.

In the first case the frames were underperforming or some of their powers were missing something, in the second all was ok.

So asking for at least  PRIME frames to have their most used augments preinstalled seems more than fair, considering that they are BETTER/ARCHETIPAL versions of existing frames and should have the complete form of their powers, besides graphical enhancements.

Alternatively being able to equip augments on separate dedicated slots that feed out of mastery rank, would be a GREAT incentive in leveling out stuff, buying weapon and frame slots and so on.