Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, xTerrain said:

Alright, having played a few rounds at various levels as limbo since this update, I can now honestly say that I'm less than impressed.

The primary reason for that is the fact that bringing enemies into the Rift is now egregiously complicated.  Previously, you could just hit a button and bring them in, but now you have to come out of the Rift (flying uncontrollably across the room, no less, skewing your aim), hit the button, then come back into the Rift (again, flying across the room for no reason), and then you can fight the one enemy that you wanted to fight, along with several that were just there.  This was clearly done to balance the new lack of time limit to your being in the Rift, but ultimately it just makes the whole system fail.  Additionally, I would consider the multiple enemies banished at once a fair compensation for that, since you're now bringing the whole battle into the rift, as opposed to just one or two selected enemies that either interest you or look like they'd be trouble for your friends.  Sure there's a knockdown effect on banishing, but that's not helpful since by the time you get back in the Rift, and situated with your new position, they'll already be back up and raring to go.  I understand that there's some concern about Limbo never exiting the Rift, and never doing anything to help a team, but with this convoluted Banish setup, that's precisely what your're encouraging.

I've implied an additional problem with the 'dodge-to-enter-the-Rift' system.  That was a good idea, in theory, and the lack of time limit and energy cost is nothing if not enticing, but when you're not moving, and you want to hop to the other plane of reality it's rather annoying to suddenly be thrown to some other point on the map.  Now, since I almost never roll in most of my frames (the slide does about the same thing, but more controlled) using this button would be fine.  However, if I"m not moving, I...don't want to move just to enter the Rift.  So, if pre-existing motion could be considered in that setup, that would be much better. a stationary shift would also reduce the problems with Banish, as it would make more efficient shifts, and therefore the necessary shifts to conduct a banish would be much more doable.

As far as Stasis goes, I definitely dig the idea for it; time-stopping is always fun, but it feels a touch at odds with the rest of his moveset.  Also, the enemies under its effect can still turn, which is odd, but I think that's a glitch more than anything else.  Those are really my only issues with this, and ultimately I don't put too much weight on the first one.

The new Rift Surge is interesting; it's supposed to be a way for us to get people into the Rift even if we're still in the Rift.  The trouble I have with it is that to use it, we still have to go through the whole process to get someone in the Rift before we can do this.  And with Banish now effecting multiple targets, most of the targets will already be in the Rift by the time that Rift Surge is used.  Perhaps this problem changes form in extremely high levels (I've yet to do any sorties), but from what I've seen, this Rift Surge isn't the most useful of abilities.

Limbo has always been about control over who can and/or will do battle with him, and I feel that he's lost quite a bit of that in this update.  I think these issues could be fixed with either a stationary riftwalk, or by allowing Banish to work on enemies in the other plane.  Or both of these solutions.  That would work too.

Thanks, and I look forward to trying out the rest of the new material.

Main thing I can agree with is a stationary riftwalk, would be nice.

P.s. Sliding and rolling are different, one reduces damage taken, the other doesn't.

P.s.s. Rolling is the one that reduces damage taken.

Edited by Vantz

Still a little salty about limbo but Im glad De changed him up a little more from their first announcment of the reowork to adress some of the major problems. Otherwsie this all seems like a bunch of really good changes.

Thanks DE Nice Job!

Edited by Zylofan

1 hour ago, xTerrain said:

Alright, having played a few rounds at various levels as limbo since this update, I can now honestly say that I'm less than impressed.

The primary reason for that is the fact that bringing enemies into the Rift is now egregiously complicated.  Previously, you could just hit a button and bring them in, but now you have to come out of the Rift (flying uncontrollably across the room, no less, skewing your aim), hit the button, then come back into the Rift (again, flying across the room for no reason), and then you can fight the one enemy that you wanted to fight, along with several that were just there.  This was clearly done to balance the new lack of time limit to your being in the Rift, but ultimately it just makes the whole system fail.  Additionally, I would consider the multiple enemies banished at once a fair compensation for that, since you're now bringing the whole battle into the rift, as opposed to just one or two selected enemies that either interest you or look like they'd be trouble for your friends.  Sure there's a knockdown effect on banishing, but that's not helpful since by the time you get back in the Rift, and situated with your new position, they'll already be back up and raring to go.  I understand that there's some concern about Limbo never exiting the Rift, and never doing anything to help a team, but with this convoluted Banish setup, that's precisely what your're encouraging.

I've implied an additional problem with the 'dodge-to-enter-the-Rift' system.  That was a good idea, in theory, and the lack of time limit and energy cost is nothing if not enticing, but when you're not moving, and you want to hop to the other plane of reality it's rather annoying to suddenly be thrown to some other point on the map.  Now, since I almost never roll in most of my frames (the slide does about the same thing, but more controlled) using this button would be fine.  However, if I"m not moving, I...don't want to move just to enter the Rift.  So, if pre-existing motion could be considered in that setup, that would be much better. a stationary shift would also reduce the problems with Banish, as it would make more efficient shifts, and therefore the necessary shifts to conduct a banish would be much more doable.

As far as Stasis goes, I definitely dig the idea for it; time-stopping is always fun, but it feels a touch at odds with the rest of his moveset.  Also, the enemies under its effect can still turn, which is odd, but I think that's a glitch more than anything else.  Those are really my only issues with this, and ultimately I don't put too much weight on the first one.

The new Rift Surge is interesting; it's supposed to be a way for us to get people into the Rift even if we're still in the Rift.  The trouble I have with it is that to use it, we still have to go through the whole process to get someone in the Rift before we can do this.  And with Banish now effecting multiple targets, most of the targets will already be in the Rift by the time that Rift Surge is used.  Perhaps this problem changes form in extremely high levels (I've yet to do any sorties), but from what I've seen, this Rift Surge isn't the most useful of abilities.

Limbo has always been about control over who can and/or will do battle with him, and I feel that he's lost quite a bit of that in this update.  I think these issues could be fixed with either a stationary riftwalk, or by allowing Banish to work on enemies in the other plane.  Or both of these solutions.  That would work too.

Thanks, and I look forward to trying out the rest of the new material.

With you 100%

I was stating these problems before limbo came out, sadly it seems very few people want to listen. They just want to stop time.

Can we talk about how the tonkor is literally broken now? 3m arm distance? no, it still murders you point blank. my 6k dmg tonkor now does 300dmg, how? Nothing was mentioned about damage modifications

UI scaling is completely screwed. Why is it an increased size and "100" scaling?

Edited by Tearakudo

19 minutes ago, Tearakudo said:

Can we talk about how the tonkor is literally broken now? 3m arm distance? no, it still murders you point blank. my 6k dmg tonkor now does 300dmg, how? Nothing was mentioned about damage modifications

UI scaling is completely screwed. Why is it an increased size and "100" scaling?

is it a crit build? they took a hacksaw to its base crit chance.

Really enjoying Octavia and the Limbo rework so far, but I have to say simulor, and it's syndicate variant, is practically useless now. I don't really care that it does no damage whatsoever anymore, but you took away all the cool animations like when you get a full stack and it would swirl around... now it's useless, and boring.

Still, thanks for the update. Please don't nerf any weapons I actually use :'(

Not sure if it has been mentioned but this patch has completely broken controller ability usage.

Hitting the right bumper, on xbox 360 controller, to pull up the ability wheel, then immediately pressing the corresponding ability button does NOT work well. Sometime it jumps, sometimes it uses a random power, sometime it uses the previous power. The functionality is broken to hell. Someone hit the wrong buttons on their computer when developing this update and made playing with a controller near impossible.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Quoting for visibility! Her Neuroptics drop in the C rotation, not B, of ODS!

So sorry if this caused any confusion, Tenno, but we sure to stick around for that extra rotation if you are farming her.

Always good to know.

*heads up, this is a Tonkor change salt post, if you don't care skip this*

Okay DE, I get that you want to balance weapons so that all are viable (or at least on the same level of viability) and that's fine when you change numbers, but when you change mechanics, you change the game. I honstly am only slightly bugged by the massive 10% crit chance drop (25% after accounting for point strike), you went and turned it into a latron where it only deals damage half the time. But we already have that so meh.

HOWEVER by adding self-damage, thereby removing the bouncing effect yall done took it out back and showed it your favorite barbed wire-covered baseball bat. Removing the bounce effect renders it the worst explosive weapon in the game. When you use it now and don't hit an enemy (or it bounces off, and yes this does happen) you are essentially creating a minefield for yourself that you cannot remove like you would be able with any other launcher/explosive type weapon that has the player controlling when to explode the projectiles. Also it was not in fact rendered obsolete by bullet jump, but it could be used in tandum with it, properly using the tonkor was an entirely different style of play, and one that I quite liked. It was a more carefree explosion experience, you could slide onto any spare grenades while firing more at another group and use it to continue your momentum. Also if you got into a panic situation you could shotgun things in the face, and while admitedly was kind of cheese, it was a hell of a lot less hassle than trying to get clear of enemies in a swarm scenario.

The bounce mechanic was the heart and soul of the weapon, it gave it character and made it unique. So what if it allowed us to cheese, pleanty of other things allow us to cheese much, much better. Now what's the incentive of using a soma prime (for example) over a tonkor. They both do the same crit damage thing to a large quantity of people but only one of them kills you in the process. Without the bounce mechanic it's just a plain boom launcher that as an added bonus lays mines for you to get one shot on because explosion self damage is rediculious in general.'

I would rather have those broken lamp traps that were literally so unpopular that they got removed the next patch than not be able to bounce around the battlefield on a tidal wave of explosions.

Sincerely,

Combustionsquirrel

Gosh darn it DE, I wasted hours farming ODS in 15 min intervals for the Neuroptics and I just recently looked back and now I see it has been edited and corrected that it's in Rotation C...... I would have got it by now perhaps and it would be building by now with Octavia ready to be cooked when I get back after 12 hours...

Yes, I am salty as you can see.

Also, not sure why exactly you had to rescale the UI in a way that it feels as if majority of the players play in 4k... Everything is obnoxiously big now.

not sure if addressed.

1. telos boltace applies equiped elemental status on the first pull.. guarenteed but deals 1 damage with DOT procs.

2.for Synoid Simulor(havnt checked normal 1) the combination of orbs does absolutely nothing, no damage, no status or anything. it only deals any damage on detonations.

also if the orbs detonates with time out(not manual) it has absurdly high crit chance.(i was doing red crits with my 10% crit simulor)

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now swap your Loadouts from the Solar Map

There is now a toggle option for how you want to fly: old vs. new! This option allows players to switch between the original Archwing flight system

Reduced particles from the Telos Boltace slide attack

26 minutes ago, PavJab said:

The only one grenade launcher that make sense Tonkor now is nothing. Just delete all Grenade Launchers from your database thats it.

A big nerf, yes.

Though to be fair it is stupid that all other explosive weapons hurt you and tonkor didn't. I don't agree with the other changes but it should have done self damage like all the others.