Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

3 hours ago, MisterTwelve said:

This is quite possibly the worst update I've ever seen from DE, and that's saying something.
You guys literally have no idea what you're doing when it comes to balancing.

Indeed, i play this game almost 4 years and this is the greatest NERF i ever seen... thank you DE for great gift for old veteran players :) DE you total lost the reference point... Game should be fun and enjoyable not freaking punish and give you extra headache.

Thank you for Octavia. I might have a new favourite frame after playing with her for just 3 hours^^.

There is just one problem. In a mission with just one other Octavia you are not hearing music it's just noise. It's like having a conversation with 2 persons simultaneousley.
Would you consider to change it so that you can only hear your own creation?

Old archwing is back? Thank you so much! I don't like to sound like a spoiled kid, and I know how hard the team works to constantly create new systems, but I absolutely did do not like the 6-axis free space controls at all, one bit. I know it's a more "realistic" approach when dealing with deep space, but it just confused and nauseated me. I really liked the old system, it had a very Zone of the Enders feel to it, which I was very proficient with.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

You can now multi-purchase items from Syndicates and Baro Ki' Teer!

YES!

New Emotes! 

5 new emotes are available for your hip-shaking convenience!

• Glissade Narta
  • Maestro Narta
  • Poise Narta
  • Tempo Narta
  • Pendulum Narta

Can't test these in my Liset, might try the simulacrum.

Archwing Changes & Additions

• There is now a toggle option for how you want to fly: old vs. new! This option allows players to switch between the original Archwing flight system that we introduced vs the newer one we added. You can find this in the Options menu by going to Controls > Archwing > Toggle Experimental Flight!
  • Removed unusable Ammo Drops from Archwing.
  • Improved the radius and 'suck speed' of Archwing's innate vacuum.

WOOHOO!

Updated Sargas Ruk’s face with wrinkle data so that you can see his anger in all of its wrinkled glory.

This is arousing 

Also much happiness with all the other fixes! Biggest update/patch I've seen in ages from DE :D

2 hours ago, HeiBS said:

Indeed, i play this game almost 4 years and this is the greatest NERF i ever seen... thank you DE for great gift for old veteran players :) DE you total lost the reference point... Game should be fun and enjoyable not freaking punish and give you extra headache.

Please don't speak on behalf of all the veterans I myself am a veteran of this game and I love the changes :)

12 hours ago, Pegasy said:

Someone make this please 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Also, could you please add some kind of unique id to a player so 3rd party trial trackers can support player name changes. 

Also, will the date always be in gmt+0 and that format or can that change at any time? 

The 4k support was only meant for people who play at 4k at a 27"-28" monitor with higher dpi? Not for those that use a 40" 4k with almost the same dpi as a 1080p 22" or 1440p 28" monitor... The "new inbox message" is 2-3 cm in size on my monitor now. Please add a hud scale for the menues too. 

Most of the text looks upscaled too, lots of jagged edges still on it, and it s more noticeable now that its that much larger. 

Yes this is insane everything is So big in the game can this be fixed fast plz

2 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Please don't speak on behalf of all the veterans I myself am a veteran of this game and I love the changes :)

Ditto

While I am sad to see simulor and tonkor be nerfed this hard, few people would tell you they weren't absolutely overpowered.

Same with the telos boltace.

And on the other side of things, for the 3 nerfs we got some really great improvements on some old, rusty weapons. More QOL of this type is what we need to see, for sure.

Thanks for the stunning update DE <3
Altough I have a question, is there a reason for why when using Metronome (Octavia's 3rd ability) the games kinda dies? For example, if I'm playing with 55/60fps and I activate Metronome it suddendly goes to 20/25fps for the duration of the ability, which is weird since it apparently doesn't have much in terms of particle effects and such (I'm also keeping nVidia PhysX turned off). Hope this gets an answer soon since it's a pretty important ability.
Anyway, really amazed by this update DE, you guys really went all out on this!

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Limbo is a Warframe with one of the most complicated skillsets. When his skills are mastered, he becomes an unstoppable force of Rift manipulation. While many have perfected the Limbo, there's been a general sense he needs to be revisited to make the mastering feel more rewarding.

With this Update, we have revisited Limbo.  Changes to Limbo include the following:

Passive:

While in the Rift, Limbo receives a slight Energy regeneration. Additionally, enemies killed in the Rift will grant Limbo 10 Energy.

Rift Walk: Movement Activated Ability:

Limbo darts in and out of different Planes of existence at no Energy cost. Tapping the roll key (default binding Shift) will shift Limbo between the Rift and Material Plane. Shifting into the Rift leaves behind a tear that, for a brief period of time (5s), Limbo and Allies can use it to enter the Rift. Limbos that enter the Rift through the tear can remain in the Rift as long as they please, unlike Allies who have temporary access.  

1: Banish:

Send enemies and Allies within a small radius into or out of the Rift for a period of time. Banish targets must be in the same Plane as Limbo to be affected. For example, Limbo must be in the Material Plane to Banish Material Plane targets to the Rift and vice versa. Banished enemies will take damage when casted and will be knocked down for a brief period of time.  

2. Stasis:

Stop Banished enemies in their tracks by putting them in Stasis for a period time. Toggle the ability on and move within the Rift to strategically set up shots around enemies affected by Stasis. Projectiles will stay suspended until the Stasis timer runs out, until toggled off, or until the 300 projectile limit has been reached, upon which your torrent of projectiles will be launched at the enemy. 

3. Rift Surge:

Void energy surges through Limbo and into the Rift, charging enemies within it. Charged enemies that cross over to the Material Plane will Banish themselves and nearby enemies back into the Rift. When charged enemies die outside of the Rift, they surge and transfer the charge to nearby enemies.

4: Cataclysm:

Bridging the Rift and Material Planes, Cataclysm creates a sphere of Void Energy that shifts enemies within its radius into the Rift. During its creation and final collapse, enemies stumble and take damage. The sphere’s final collapse deals damage to enemies both in and out of the sphere, and scales based on the health and shields of ALL enemies in the Rift.

I do not appreciate these changes.

Limbo cannot do his job anymore.

His damage boost is gone, his ability to control the battlefield properly is crippled being he can't use his powers between the two planes.

He has no precision, and there's no mention of what the 'limit' you were talking about before is.

If I want to keep using the aesthetic shell of the frame that has replaced Limbo, I have to learn how to play a completely different warframe, that is not the Scalpel limbo has been since release.

I got a good 700-800 hours out of the frame, it's just sad that I no longer have my main frame.

Edited by DarkOvion

Honestly, how could you miss the mark so badly with Limbo?

Allies can pick up loot in Cataclysm - so far Limbo can't.

Limbo can't use his powers, that he is master of the rift to shift things between the Rift and Real space.

He no longer receives a mobility boost in the rift, reload boost in the rift, etc.

It's a joke.

RIP Tonkor

RIP Telos Boltace

RIP Simulor

DE is continually trying to make the game harder but it is only increasing how repetitive this game feels. Works in the short term but we will see how it affects the playerbase in the months to come. I already only got on for new warframes/weapons because of their way of "balance". *sigh*

8 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

RIP Tonkor

RIP Telos Boltace

RIP Simulor

DE is continually trying to make the game harder but it is only increasing how repetitive this game feels. Works in the short term but we will see how it affects the playerbase in the months to come. I already only got on for new warframes/weapons because of their way of "balance". *sigh*

Add RIP Limbo.

As you say, make everything samey and repetitive.

11 minutes ago, Kaoru_Sugimura said:

RIP Tonkor

RIP Telos Boltace

RIP Simulor

RIP click-to-kill basically, I don't see the problem? Tonkor has been broken for years, it was the only grenade launcher that was -that- bs even if it had self damage.
RIP spin-to-win and fps-killer, can't say I'm not happy.
RIP both of the above ones fused into a weapon? Sick
For these 3 nerfs we got -lots- of updates on old weapons that many players didn't even know existed and will likely pick them up now, THAT is what a qol update means.