Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

On 3/24/2017 at 3:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Miter

The Miter is one of the oldest examples of killer concept with lackluster results. The next Update will bring the following:

• Increased chance of dismemberment on kills.
  • Increased speed of Projectiles.
  • Charge time has been halved.
  • Critical Chance of 5% for a quick shot.
  • Critical Chance of 10% for a charged shot.
  • Hit detection is now based on the size of the Sawblade.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 6.

Did this change not get included? The arsenal still shows the old stats with no critical chance or crit damage values.

On 24.3.2017 at 8:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

You can now link your Clan in Chat - anyone looking to recruit should make note of this!

How can we do this? I tried it out with the "[...]" brackets. But that doesnt seems to be the right way.

And also haven't seen it so far in recruiting chat..

Edit:

Found out by trying:

These "{...}" work

You can also only link your own clan.

Edited by -VG-Obit
Found answer to own question

So.... Tonkor become BORING weapon now...

I liked super jump by stomping its granade.

and now if i do that i'll super jump directly into Mission Failed.

This game is getting annoying as new update came out.

any 'easy way' to do something becomes uncomfortable.

if people find another way, then just another nuff nuff nuff. another uncomfortable.

Edited by H_Breaker

I really don't know why people are hating Limbo. While I admit that it is a little bit clunky to use his first ability, everything else in his kit is just superior to his pre rework version. Dashing in and out of the rift is a cool mechanic and not even close to disturbing as some players make it sound. It is just part of his kit imo. Also he does dmg and has cc now, that is huge step forward ... I'm satisfied with his rework and will play him a lot more now :) .

Edited by Feyangol

On 3/24/2017 at 9:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

There is now a toggle option for how you want to fly: old vs. new! This option allows players to switch between the original Archwing flight system that we introduced vs the newer one we added. You can find this in the Options menu by going to Controls > Archwing > Toggle Experimental Flight!

Oh thank god, you let us chose between the old vs new flight system was about to rant in the forums how bad is the old one lol

Hi, i am a player who play this game more than 1100 hours. In rank 19 right now.  I got some ideas for this update. As we see. DE nerfs some weapon like Synoid Simulor and  TONKOR. To be honest. Those weapon is strong but i think that is what late game weapon should be. The reason why too many people think that it is a weapon need nerfs because too many people can use it. Synoid Simulor only need tenno rank 12 or 13?~~Anyway. Synoid Simulor do lots of damage. But if you use it in some 100 level mission. You can ask yourself again. Is it strong enough right now. No it is not. It still takes you 2 to 5 sec to kill a enemy if you press mouse very hard. The enemy can one shot you as well. Once again, It is not a overpower weapon. People played this game lower than 500 hours that think they know this game a lot and then give DE some not smart feedback. On my way. Synoid Simulor only have a good performance in low level map(0 to 70 level) Above that. Not that good. Overall , I highly recommenced DE buffed some old weapon which is good. To raise the strong late game weapon use requirement. For instance. If Synoid Simulor need to rank 20 to use. People won't say it is a overpower weapon. That's how game go. You have higher rank. More stronger weapon you get. Even it is not that strong. 

First time review. Personally idea, My mother language is not english sorry about some grammar mistake but i am sure that you can understand it. Thanks DE for making a great game. Best wises

5 hours ago, Faketony said:

Hi, i am a player who play this game more than 1100 hours. In rank 19 right now.  I got some ideas for this update. As we see. DE nerfs some weapon like Synoid Simulor and  TONKOR. To be honest. Those weapon is strong but i think that is what late game weapon should be. The reason why too many people think that it is a weapon need nerfs because too many people can use it. Synoid Simulor only need tenno rank 12 or 13?~~Anyway. Synoid Simulor do lots of damage. But if you use it in some 100 level mission. You can ask yourself again. Is it strong enough right now. No it is not. It still takes you 2 to 5 sec to kill a enemy if you press mouse very hard. The enemy can one shot you as well. Once again, It is not a overpower weapon. People played this game lower than 500 hours that think they know this game a lot and then give DE some not smart feedback. On my way. Synoid Simulor only have a good performance in low level map(0 to 70 level) Above that. Not that good. Overall , I highly recommenced DE buffed some old weapon which is good. To raise the strong late game weapon use requirement. For instance. If Synoid Simulor need to rank 20 to use. People won't say it is a overpower weapon. That's how game go. You have higher rank. More stronger weapon you get. Even it is not that strong. 

First time review. Personally idea, My mother language is not english sorry about some grammar mistake but i am sure that you can understand it. Thanks DE for making a great game. Best wises

It wouldn't matter. If you take the time to look at a lot of the complaints most of them are complaining because other players are clearing out all the mobs before they get to them/get to kill them. They then go on to call it a "Walking Simulator" or something of that nature. Essentially, the people wanting the nerfs don't want a progression based game, they want a pass-time game. It wouldn't matter if you made a powerful weapon after 5000hrs of in mission time and it required MR22. The fact that someone could use it in a mission means that someone else will complain about it. This, along with the nerfs, is why i have grown to hate getting on this game. I now only get on for major updates and when they nerf things i use i spend less and less time on. This "massive" update got me to stay on for about 1hr to max the warframe/weapons (no forma) and buy the new cosmetics with plat i got from others through trading.

Oh well, DE has every right to do what they want with their game.

Yeah, as time goes by I'm starting to dislike this more and more, ever since the Void Relic system came out. Almost any change that isn't a completely new thing is a nerf, and could have been better spent focusing on making other equipment work on the same level as the nerfed equipment. Hell, I never even used the Tonkor, or saw other people using it with any regularity, but people just hate that other people find a way to do things easily, I guess. Constantly nerfing equipment that's been around for a long time is a great way to smash your game into dust, because what will be next? Will Frost's Avalanche or Rhino's Stomp be deemed 'overpowered' because with a bit of modding they can wipe out a large section of the map without any effort? Will the Ignis and Ignis Wraith be deemed overpowered because you only have to point and hold in the mouse button to kill everything in your path? Will the Sonicor be deemed overpowered because you can immobilize a room by firing randomly? What if someone doesn't how strong the Nikana Prime is, and clamours for a nerf?

If someone enjoys using something, but you don't like it, why force them not to use it when you can just finish the mission and play solo, or with a friend? That's called being selfish, and too many people embody that trait nowadays.

I've lost hope in this game, really.

Archwing Changes & Additions

• There is now a toggle option for how you want to fly: old vs. new! This option allows players to switch between the original Archwing flight system that we introduced vs the newer one we added. You can find this in the Options menu by going to Controls > Archwing > Toggle Experimental Flight!
  • Removed unusable Ammo Drops from Archwing.
  • Improved the radius and 'suck speed' of Archwing's innate vacuum.

YESS!!!!!!

Thank you for adding this!

Just wanted to say thank you for adding the ratel. May need some work, but liked the idea.

PS can we have a similarly small creature for the infested (spider like?) that can climb walls and ceiling and spit a small glob of acid, jump on your head for melee? Also, maybe some tentacles (hydroid, ancient, mini lephantis heads, etc,) that grow out of the thicker patches of infestation on Eris.

**Invests almost a hundred hours in farming, spends real money on the game to acquire rare event mods, completely maximizes his build, leaves for a bit to find weapon nerfed beyond usefullness. His compensation for all of this? A forma and a 3 day affinity booster that will disappear before he can even have time to use it.

Thanks DE, I feel really rewarded for all the work I put in...

Love the quest but I am starting to notice for future quests there is less and less for me and my friends to enjoy in coop. That is a big dissapointment for us personally as being able to share coop experience of doing these awesome quests was one of the highlights of playing together, but not it seems that all quests going forwards are single player only.

Thank you for a very good way of implementing a weapon balance pass. This is how things should be done every time you decide to take a look at weapons. Sure please balance (nerf, to be blunt) over popular/powered weapons, but at the same time balance/boost underused/underpowered/unusable weapons. I'm really glad you did it this way. Will keeep enjoying the game. Good job once more (even tho I loved using Telos Boltace for can opening). :satisfied:

Buzlok

The Buzlok and its homing mechanism has been used for many creative moments - but ultimately this weapon has been overlooked.

• The Ammo Requirement for the Secondary Homing has been reduced to 2.
  • Physical Damage distribution has been adjusted to 50% Impact, 40% Puncture, and 10% Slash.
  • Damage has been increased to 60 from 45.
  • Critical Chance increased to 15%
  • Critical Damage increased to 2.5x
  • The flight speed of the Homing Beacon has been increased.
  • The Homing Beacon will now only stick to NPC & Characters.
  • Critical Chance increased by 50% on targets with Homing Beacon attached to them.
  • Clip size reduced to 50.
  • Mastery Rank increased to 9.  

Great update, great fixes.. but what happened here?  You changed everything, but what was needed the most... the ability to manually despawn the beacon.  I'm not saying that the changes you made were bad, they were good.  But why haven't you made it so that by pressing the secondary fire again would despawn the beacon.  I'm not joking, I really don't understand.

Feedback on Octavia:

1. #1 Mallet
    1. Mallet' aggro effective is only for melee (infested), close to non-existence for range.
    2. Damage retaliation is almost seem when melee smack the orb/mallet. 
  2. #2 Roller
    1.  Practicable application. No control on where roller goes.
  3. #3 Resonator
    1.  Impracticable on fast-pace game.
    2. Timing on sync action are for individual buffs. Re-doing that same action cancels the buff (Jump-buff, on combat jump = Jump-buff gone) 
  4.  Amp
    1. Nice implementation.
    2. Bad application for not moving it an aura-type ability. 

A bit late for this, but well I'm not really playing Warframe anymore. And here comes another reason - instead of removing stupidest self-damage mechanics you add more of it. I'm ok with Tonkor nerf, but I'm not ok with even MORE self-damage weapons. Seriously, I was waiting for something good to happen with this game since December. But it looks like it's time to free some disk space 

On 3/26/2017 at 4:02 PM, BemoGuinness said:

They are explosives. Ya know ...they ...blow things up such as yourself.

Are we going to turn on friendly fire? Make warframes take damage from their own AOE abilities? Permanently kill the player when they fall off the world?

Poor "balance" decision, they obviously don't even believe their statement if all explosive weapons don't do the same thing, which they don't. This was done intentionally as a Tonkor nerf because of its popularity, and rather than do it properly they outright ruined the weapon.