Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Update 20

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed an issue with Clan Emblems being a bit too transparent and bright. There should now be a better balance between darker/brighter clan emblems.

Good, but are black emblem areas supposed to be transparent now?

RPB9cYM.jpg

I'm hoping that's a bug.

Mission objective items, such as Datamass, can now be carried in and out of the Rift Plane. However! Be careful not to drop these items in the Rift Plane, as they can only be picked up in the Material Plane.

This is going to be a problem, whether or not it's acidental or deliberately troll-induced.

19 minutes ago, Ezehokadrim said:

I presume you haven't seen you can change the instruments then. There are multiple instrument sets, and I wouldn't be surprised there will be more later. Go look at the different sets and see if there's one to suit your taste.

You presume wrong. I have checked to see if I can hear the other instrument sounds first before writing the original message. My first go-to place was the market. If you click the instruments in there, you hear a preview soundfile. I guess Bardframe was the wrong word. Dubstepframe or Synthframe is it, and this feels very wrong for the game as a whole. Using a more iconic and fitting instrument line as built-in base, and allow the less fitting ones to be optional purchases would have been a less jarring experience.

Just now, Khunvyel said:

You presume wrong. I have checked to see if I can hear the other instrument sounds first before writing the original message. My first go-to place was the market. If you click the instruments in there, you hear a preview soundfile. I guess Bardframe was the wrong word. Dubstepframe or Synthframe is it, and this feels very wrong for the game as a whole. Using a more iconic and fitting instrument line as built-in base, and allow the less fitting ones to be optional purchases would have been a less jarring experience.

Alright, well let's hope there's better instrument sets later on. I probably won't mind the current ones though.

I'm quite happy with this update...

However, this does hurt my Melee-Soul

• Fixed damage-over-time procs double-dipping on stealth multipliers, resulting in higher numbers than the intended 8x.

I know it's a "fix", but it still makes me sad :(

Edited by Chamiel

6 minutes ago, Khunvyel said:

Having DE mix up Optional and Mandatory is nothing new, it's a Free To Play, Pay To Play Music game for a reason.

Simulor: 

The Simulor's entry into Arsenals marked one of the more unique moments in Weapon history. It's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance has been increased to 30%.
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 3.
  • A Critical Chance of 2% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-6 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (225 at full stack).
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-6 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-40
  • The Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 60.  

Synoid Simulor:

Considering the Simulor was the only Primary Cephalon weapon, it was easy to see a Synoid version entering Arsenals. Like its vanilla counterpart, it's always been a little weird - stacking orbs together leads to both passive and active death. The stacking itself causes damage and the fully stacked orb can be activated with your 'Alt Fire' button for an additional explosion.

• The Status Chance increased to 35%
  • The amount of Orbs required to make a full stack has decreased - it used to take 5, now it takes 4.
  • A Critical Chance of 5% has been added.
  • The AoE Explosion range (based on stack when expires or manual detonation) increased from 0.5-2.8 meters to 1-8 meters.
  • The Explosion Damage has increased from 50 per orb to 75 (300 at full stack).
  • On an orb stacking event (when orbs combine), damage range decreased to 1-8 from 3-8
  • On an orb stacking event, damage decreased from 150-250 to 20-50
  • The Synoid Simulor has had its max Ammo Capacity reduced to 75.

1 minute ago, BlueTunicLink said:

Is the nerf of the simulor missing its notes or am I seeing things?

DE: "Hey guys we buffed the flight speed on some weapons."

Players: "Great! By how much?"

DE: "Dunno, check the wiki in a few days."

Also before people kept saying that the Ogris' flight speed was already 6m, is this true?

11 minutes ago, Rekalty said:

Having DE mix up Optional and Mandatory is nothing new, it's a Free To Play, Pay To Play Music game for a reason.

I think you misunderstood me. I did not question the fact that there are different instruments to purchase for platinum. That's fine, optional content for platinum is totally okay.

I questioned the choices for the sonic signature of these instruments themselves. It doesn't feel Warframe, it doesn't feel Tenno. Yes, I know, they have Corpus and Grineer logos on them so we play Corpus and Grineer "characteristic" instruments (whoever determined that...) But we are Tenno. Having something not support the iconic state from the get go feels lackluster and kills the mood to get the frame in a timely fashion for me. So far nobody has corrected me who purchased Octavia with Platinum to tell me "no man, the basic sound set is pretty classic and has the Taiko drums." So my guess so far is, you choose one of the music sets currently available after quest completion that you liked best and buy the other ones through the market, similar as with the first Focus selection.

The sound sequence of the launcher right now is something that I would be more inclined towards to (although still not convinced) but apparently that is completely missing.

Edited by Khunvyel

Sad that you can't force extract with operator anymore, please add in the option to solo extract from endless missions  or possibly all seeing as it doesn't make sense otherwise. Players extract in separate landing crafts and return to independent orbiters.

This has been mentioned above, but the HUD and UI buttons are all bigger now. I am not using 4K, didn't change a thing in my graphics menu, but all menu buttons are too big to be comfortable. Please address this or add a negative scaling option for these.