Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia's Anthem Quest Megathread 

[DE]Danielle

Devs - you want honest, constructive feedback? Here you go.

Nice lore and storyline...interesting plot twists...you really become emotionally invested in the key players in the quest. Characters are fleshed out more in interesting ways. The stakes are high and there are some really tense, hair-raising - but good - moments.

Then the sequencer level hits you like a brick wall.

God's teeth I hate the sequencer / platform section.

It's bad enough you have to carefully jump all over the place along a long route with hard to see markers, while you have a beam that threatens to knock you off and send you back to your starting point...but then when you clear that puzzle, you have to do it all over again but this time with the addition of  enemies that are difficult to deal with as is on a normal map.

This isn't challenging and engaging. This is ridiculously and needlessly frustrating to the point where all the good feelings I had about the quest have all but evaporated. In fact, this is the first quest in Warframe that I point blank refuse to complete due to the level of coordination and timing required of me and how the game punishes you for screwing up.

I play Warframe to have fun, blow off steam, and enjoy a good. unfolding story. The last part of this quest is anything BUT fun. For me, it was a complete rage-inducing progression stopper. Needless to say I won't be finishing this quest, even though I really want to advance the story further because I like it that much.

DE, not everyone likes long, difficult jumping puzzles with powerful enemies threatening to knock you back to the starting point. Not everyone is an olympian when it comes to parkour. Try and remember that when devising your next quest, please?

Edited by MirageKnight

Hey, so I was starting the quest by talking to Cephalon Suda but kept on getting interrupted by a family member and couldn't hear anything Suda said, including when Suda gave me instructions in the orbiter after leaving the relay. Is there any way I can end the quest and restart from the beginning, without finishing it and replaying after? I'd like to get the full experience and hear all the dialogue on my first play-through.

it's official people, I have the bestest cephalon in the multiverse

Spoiler

side note: dear DE, I just recently discovered the hidden story of Ordan Karris, and I don't recall it being mentioned in build notes when it came out, sooo... next time plz don't hide the lore so well. Ordis deserves to be known as the badass, he is.

also, thanks to the quest being replayable, the Lua mission in it is now the best sentient farm node in game. stayed with my precious Mag and trusty Tigris and managed to take out 88 of them befor I ran out of revives; got quite a few mods and neurodes out of it, even a War blade droped. it's a potential exploit is what I'm saying.

Edited by Ventose

I quite enjoyed the quest, and found the final fight fairly unique.  I would recommend playing with the color/opacity of the nodes however, as I spent ~10 minutes running around hitting every single block trying to find the one node I couldn't see due to the background.

1 hour ago, Sysyfus said:

... Is there any way I can end the quest and restart from the beginning, without finishing it and replaying after? I'd like to get the full experience and hear all the dialogue on my first play-through.

Sysyfus, I'd recommend finding someone streaming or a youtube video of it to catch the story up to your current place if you can't easily find a way to reset the quest.

I just have to say... thanks a lot, DE, you made me cry. ;A;

It was already a feels trip for my girl Suda alone, but then Ordis...

Spoiler

Surely I wasn't the only one to tear up at his "if you're getting this we didn't make it" message?

One question, though--during the relay portions before and after, was there any dialogue from Suda before Simaris's line screenshotted above or anything after loading back into the relay/before the end quest diorama? My computer's crappy and internet laggy and everything in the relay portions was stilted and repeatedly freezing (hanging for 3-15 seconds every step kinda freezing, ugh) so I just know things didn't load properly. Worried that included some dialogue, since Simaris's line/my ability to pose the "music?" question to Suda seemed... really unprompted.

Edited by Viquey

Finished the 3rd fragment part of the quest and collected all 3 blueprints (currently crafting). I cant access Cephalon Suda's room to progress further in the quest, the door just will not open.

I've tried all relays, relogged & relaunched, the door still remains closed...

The plataform section is a nice concept, but it is just not fun. It is not challenging, is just painful and annoying. It feels like work to me.  Surely a better player would have less problems, but if i have to improve my skills i preffer to loose and try again rather than winning after such experience.

The story is cool and some other features so far seems very nice.

The UI looks odd somehow.

Geez DE, you got me all emotionally invested on this one. Nice job! That part where Ordis says something like, "My dream has come true! To fight alongside the Operator!" and when Simaris comes in with his Sanctuary specters...man that was really great. I loved the way the story progressed and climaxed. The ending was kind of abrupt, similarly to the Nidus quest.

The platforming was cool until the final stage. I fell. A lot. And having to keep spawning back at the start (sometimes getting knocked off immediately after spawning too) was irritating. I understand that every stage gets more challenging, but honestly the itty bitty platforms and laser beam would have done it for me. The increasing number of sentients were a bit much (I actually ran out of ammo trying to get rid of them, but also my own fault for bringing a bow with me lol). 

Anyway I loved this quest compared to Nidus'.  There was enough variety in the missions so that it wasn't boring, but intriguing and made me want to continue. I like how the web-comic tied into some of the lore of the quest, but I honestly didn't know about it until today. I think that lore and other quest related content ought to be included in the game, or at least mentioned somewhere in-game to check it out online. Not that one wouldn't understand the quest without reading the comic, but I think having content like that accessible to all is important.

I've never posted in the forums here, so forgive me if my feedback sounds off, and please tell me if I should be posting this elsewhere.

The new quest and the new frame? Fantastic. Very fun and very interesting so far. I will say however that the changes made to the dojo alone have been enough to ruin the entire game for my whole clan.
The whole relay system was essentially put into the dojos, and in concept I suppose that sounds fine. I like the fact that no one person has to host but that is the only thing we like about it. The broken animations used in the relay were slapped into the dojos, making things look much sloppier than before. People in the dojo teleport around and walk on air, instead of actually performing running, jumping and sliding animations like they used to. The mini map just has the blue dots instead of the head icons, which makes it harder to identify which one of my clan members is where.
And worst of all, the dueling room is broken to all hell. Why teleport us to a non colored and non decorated version of the dueling room, and make us go through another loading screen when you could have just have easily left it the way it was? I can't even spectate a battle anymore because I have to be invited to the little mini session instead of just walking into a room. It's incredibly tedious.

Overall, this whole mess has really upset a lot of us who spend an exceptional amount of time in the dojo's. They were a nice quiet place to hang around with friends without having the hustle and bustle of relays, and with better animations too. I'd much rather have to host the people visiting in my dojo over having any of this, and i'm not the only person who feels that way. I sincerely hope it's changed back in some respect, because it's overall just.. a bad addition to something that didn't needed to be changed in the first place. Why fix something that isn't broken

Edited by SuzieCutie

Quick question for all those saying the last mission of the quest was hard, what weapons were you using? I did it with a furis so I could take those fake sentients really quickly. Also the laser trip wire makes a noise when it gets near you so when you hear that just jump. I got through it with only being hit twice and knocked off once, and that's while dealing with lag. 

Rhino cheeses the last part, even with a 55% power strength iron skin (was using stomp rhino - didn't stomp even once, no point).
I feel for the people who are color blind, because even without that disadvantage I had a hard time seeing where I should step. Must've run around each ring five times...

Also it's not super obvious how the corrupted notes spawn, whether it's only your missteps or if they can appear randomly. The whole thing just drags on and on, turning whatever dramatic moment it was supposed to be, into something I'd just like to get over with, effectively souring the story conclusion.

Now I just need to know where the damn music puzzle spawns. 3 captures and 3 exterminates in, I haven't seen it at all.

3 hours ago, brokensound said:

Finished the 3rd fragment part of the quest and collected all 3 blueprints (currently crafting). I cant access Cephalon Suda's room to progress further in the quest, the door just will not open.

I've tried all relays, relogged & relaunched, the door still remains closed...

Not sure if you still need help, but you're supposed to go see Simaris, not Suda

So..i have started and it seems that the hydraulics thing on Uranus glitched out. So i can press all notes except the final two. The upper sections (percussion) won't click. And the symbols don't appear until I go below the percussion row. Sum result...can't finish the mission. 

Am I the only one who got this?

Also... Octavia's parts doesn't seem to drop from the caches on the Lu. I ran it like 5 times and that equals 15 caches... I got nothing. I think it is bugged. I didn't see the music room either.

Edited by Ro-Phoenix12
addition

I loved this quest! It was really intense and a nice follow up to The Second Dream. My only little complaint is that Octavia is barely mentioned at the end: it would have been nice to have some more explanation on who Octavia is and how to get her parts.

ps I ship Simaris and Suda ;)

6 hours ago, Latiac said:

Hopefully I wasn't the only one who switched to the Codex scanner to try and take space photos with Hunhow, I'm kinda saddened he can't be scanned.

Haha no you're not the only one :)

Last part was annoying but I liked it. It felt like a real challenge and something different than what we are used to.

I really liked the quest. Thanks DE.

edit : I used a wukong btw. Breezed through sentients. Not much cheese you can do at the last part, that smoke form allows you to land on the platforms that you like but it is extremely slow so not worth the effort.

Edited by White_Matter

I don't know if I'm just great at jumping or Inaros is just OP or what, but I found the final battle really fun and just the right amount of difficult. Certainly easier than the parts fighting Sentients in the "real" world. (If anyone else wants tips, work in the opposite direction of the "jumprope," stay on the safe platforms nearest to Hunhow when you're not turning notes on or off, and double jump to most reliably clear the "jumprope." Don't be afraid to step on the wrong note occasionally, it's easy to turn them back off. And turn music ON for this battle, without it it's hard to realize the "jumprope" is coming.) Also I'm pretty sure falling off teleports you to a section near where you fell, not always the same site.

And the lore and character interactions: amazing! It made me kind of dislike Simaris, but not in a bad writing way. I loved Ordis and Suda in the quest, and that letter from Ordis just filled me with motivation for the upcoming battle.

Edited by Akavakaku

12 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

God's teeth I hate the sequencer / platform section.

(...)

It's bad enough you have to carefully jump all over the place along a long route with hard to see markers, while you have a beam that threatens to knock you off and send you back to your starting point...but then when you clear that puzzle, you have to do it all over again but this time with the addition of  enemies that are difficult to deal with as is on a normal map.

WHAT ??  I don't even really understand what to do first !  I run for 1 hour in that circle,  on the "red" corrupt notes -  falling - restart - falling .... after 1 hour,  i read the forum and reddit to get some advice...

No real clue on what to do, and now i read i will need to do it again with enemies ??

DE - it's not everyone who have skill to jump, run, kill ... and never falling down.

that quest part is ... really not fun at all. :'( 

I personally loved the platforming -- all you needed to do was double jump when the enviromental knockback was there. The enemies? Just shoot at them with your rifle or pistol. They die in one hit.

Hardly a hassle, although it took a bit to get used to it.

I mean, have you guys never played Sonic the Hedgehog, or Crash Bandicoot? Ratchet and Clank? Super Mario?

It's the same thing.

Edited by NightmareT12

Spoilers:

Jumping puzzles... I suck at jumping puzzles... I hate jumping puzzles... took me 1 hour to finish the jumping puzzle stage... 2 tries, first half hour with Mirage... Than I gave up and took Rhino and his immunity to ragdolls because of the ray.

Also no ammo drops from jumping last missions, so I had to rearm with ammo economical weapons.

Ordis stealing the spotlight from Suda was really sad

Other wise it was a cool quest.

Edited by rafacasper