Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia's Anthem Quest Megathread 

[DE]Danielle

One man's thoughts:
1. The Octavia warframe is completely and utterly annoying to those who already have problems hearing in the game. Are you going to give us the option to TURN THAT NOISE OFF, or to restrict which frames can join our missions? Seriously, this has reduced the game to one my 5 year old granddaughter would like since music is her thing. No she wouldn't play, she'd just listen to the "music."
2. Any chance you can alter the game so we can find things without SOUND? 90-95% of the time I game with no sound anyway: Hearing issues, a wife working in the office beside me, and complete frustration with headsets of various types.
3. What happened to our star chart??? My default text looks like it is 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080 whenever I click on a mission, and of course, this only happened "after" the new quest went active.

1 hour ago, NightmareT12 said:

I personally loved the platforming -- all you needed to do was double jump when the enviromental knockback was there. The enemies? Just shoot at them with your rifle or pistol. They die in one hit.

Hardly a hassle, although it took a bit to get used to it.

I mean, have you guys never played Sonic the Hedgehog, or Crash Bandicoot? Ratchet and Clank? Super Mario?

It's the same thing.

1. So...what OP weapon / mod / Riven combination did you have to resort to cheese said enemies?

2. Speak for yourself. Others here have found it rather aggravating.

3. Yes, this is still arguably worse. Ever consider that not all of us may have played those games? And that some of us may have played but disliked those games or just don't have the knack for platform jumpers? Yeah, I thought not.

It's generally not a good idea to assume everyone here has the same skill set and likes that you do. You run the risk of coming off as arrogant and belittling...like...right now for instance.

8 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

1. So...what OP weapon / mod / Riven combination did you have to resort to cheese said enemies?

2. Speak for yourself. Others here have found it rather aggravating.

3. Yes, this is still arguably worse. Ever consider that not all of us may have played those games? And that some of us may have played but disliked those games or just don't have the knack for platform jumpers? Yeah, I thought not.

It's generally not a good idea to assume everyone here has the same skill set and likes that you do. You run the risk of coming off as arrogant and belittling...like...right now for instance.

1 - Braton Prime, basic mods

2 - Well

3 - This wasn't that hard at all. You know what was frustrating? Being placed with your newly awakened operator, who you have no idea how to use, against a constant knockback Stalker that if you failed once sent you back to the beginning of the room. Specially at the climax of the quest. Here you could go to all the laterals, double jump well timed, jump once and aimglide, bulletjump, block, etcetera, on mechanics that by the time you play this quest you should have completely the hang of.

I enjoyed it! It felt like a story in the sense that each mission got harder and harder. The last was a blast! Although it pissed me off immensely (+ got kinda jealous when I found out my boyfriend used Rhino so he didn't get knocked off while I kept falling off as Loki.....) but I liked having the cephalons join me :D

17 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

So the quest... it was fine.

What's not fine is how RNGesus needs to bless you in order to get any of the parts for it though.

Seriously, several runs, haven't seen the organ memory puzzle and all the caches I've seen are full of garbage.

Please tell me all 3 parts can drop in ODS, because if I have to keep hunting caches and looking for that unfun memory puzzle... I've got a nice wall to go apply to my forehead.

tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

They do. The Systems and Chassis drop from Rotation B (15/20 minutes) and the Neuroptics drop from Rotation C (20/20 minutes).

Man, this was the most awesome Quest i have played! It really put up a challenge for me (it was really fun tho).

I really REALLY liked the story. I just happen to like Sentients and Cephalons a lot!

Nice work, people who made this Quest happen :D.

-Sincerely, ChaoticErnie

pls excuse my bad english xd

Reminded me of some weekly cartoon like "He-man and the Masters of Universe"

Skeletor Hunhow comes up with new evil plan that no way the heroes can defeat until they use power of friendship and ruin his plans.

Seriously, there is no way that major plot character will die in some side quest. You should have kept this plot line for next cinematic quest.

Honestly, I feel like the end fight was right in the direction DE needs to take bosses, and maybe even raid stuff. It's big, feels epic, challenging but fair, and unable to cheese with the right setup. I understand that some may not care for jumping puzzles (I did fall off myself a good number of times) but the core idea was in the right direction

Sigh, I didn't come to Warframe to play platformers,  I freaking hate that genre with a burning passion.  Congrats, this level 23 warlord might be ready to call it quits.  [I'm really really a lot more mad than this, but I figure DE doesn't need the string of curse words they deserve.]

Edited by Zionblade
clarification on who I'm pissed at

5 hours ago, -InV-igo95862 said:

Reminded me of some weekly cartoon like "He-man and the Masters of Universe"

Skeletor Hunhow comes up with new evil plan that no way the heroes can defeat until they use power of friendship and ruin his plans.

Seriously, there is no way that major plot character will die in some side quest. You should have kept this plot line for next cinematic quest.

at least the last quest wasn't some cheesy episode where an evil witch steals our powers. and then we have to go on a magical adventure guided by a mysterious man to re-gain our powers only to discover we had the powers inside us the whole time.

ohwait.

1 hour ago, rafiki4000 said:

And a advice stay near the middle there are paths there that make it much easier to do if you dont like jumping that much.

I need to apologize ! after reading many comments, yes i figure this out, and the fact we don't really need to jump to avoid the turning ray. Crouch work much more better. :surprised:

Also i did not realise, every bad jump spawn red buble.  So i take my time, and i got it  :)  i admit my hand was so wet, my mouse and my keyboard was very slippy but after 2 try, i was so happy to achieve it !

NEVER GIVE UP !  that's the real key ! :thumbup:

I enjoyed this quest immensely. While the last mission was frustrating, it was better than being boring easy. Felt like I was playing a single-player AAA game, not a free MMO. Games are supposed to offer a bit of challenge. 10/10 DE you're always surprising me with good stuff.

Edited by WindKitsune

The story was great, always love more lore and character development.

The visuals of the digital space boss fight were fricken epic and I seriously hope we get to do more digital-realm-hopping fighting Sentients in the Matrix etcetera.

The onslaught of Sentients was surprisingly not much of an issue, if anything they kind of showed me how far I'd progressed that I was able to comfortable deal with 6 of these buggers at the same time with rather casual weapons and tank-spec Saryn.  That I was actually trying to use strategy in scooping up those shiny orbs before they could heal themselves with it, finding a good place to drop my warframe at and give my Operator some cover so I could reset their resistances.
Quick Thinking saved me about once, I'd learned their patterns and telegraphs and general damage well enough to navigate the battle without taking too much damage -at least when I wasn't being reckless because I was an indestructible Saryn.

The hydraulis puzzle was an interesting addition, and I'm kind of curious as to what else might be in store for it, as it'd be a shame to be a one-shot puzzle mechanic since it could be something to use against the Sentient as battles get more epic and crazy.

The final fight, I lost all enthusiasm for after the tenth time I fell off the platforms, having to wait each time to be reset, then having to navigate back to where I was and hopefully not miss the platform or slide off down into the many hundred cracks by accident, just to get back to where I was.  I don't think precision platforming is Warframe's strong suit, Parkour will need another update to help manage momentum before I think platforming will be an enjoyable experience.
I felt like it would have been more fun if it was a solid ring to run across, trying to outrun the death beam, hitting the right notes amping up the music and giving your warframe a speed buff, avoiding those red notes rather they being just another thing to hit, maybe needing to jump over notes or avoid obstructions, and then enemies getting thrown in to try and slow you down to get hit by the death beam.
The music could have made things drastically more epic too, considering it was a quest about music it would've been a great time to experiment.
I just keep remembering Second Dream and that beautiful soundtrack, harmonizing so perfectly with what I was feeling upon the revelation and the events of the quest.

when the new writer comes can you tell him NOT to do quests that involve two people disagreeing on what to do?

I just finished the second part and my man Simaris is like, "No, B, dont do this." And since i dont mess with Suda im inclined to follow what he says. And this happens all the time. It's always character A telling you do go on this quest and character B saying not to trust or do what A says.

How about you guys create two character quest paths? A, the quest starter is the easiest one, but if you decide not to go on you follow path B you get a harder to complete quest.

And the incentive to do either is that path A gives you the standard helmet while B gives you the secondary helmet. This also brings the benefit of adding an extra item for alerts since there will people looking for the helmet they didnt get. The standard helmet will get an alert.

On 25/03/2017 at 1:40 AM, Salenstormwing said:

Please tell me all 3 parts can drop in ODS, because if I have to keep hunting caches and looking for that unfun memory puzzle... I've got a nice wall to go apply to my forehead.

That stopped me too. I've pushed through every other frame but that puzzle and the cache hunt has put me off.

Well, that and I really have no interest in creating music.

If they had added the parts to normal missions I would have farmed it but I won't do anything I don't enjoy so it's the one frame I won't be bothering with unfortunately. 

sooooo yeah I agree with the almost impossibility of trying to gain the neuroptics. I got them once ...and that was the first try, but the glitch took it away and after 19-20 tries later, ive still not gotten another.