Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia's Anthem Quest Megathread 

[DE]Danielle

The quest was amazing.

The lore was quite good, it has given to me a way to know more about the cephalons and in special way about Suda and Simaris. Moreover the part in which you get the mail of Ordis telling you goodbye, made me realize how much I care about this I.A which I never considered important. And when you succeded in creating affection between your npcs and the players, you know you have done a great job :)

For what concern the gameplay, I found it really interesting and fun. The research of the components, even if restricted to a simple "follow the light till the container", was enjoyable, and creating the rhytm of the ancient anthem was a nice addition to the missions. 

In the end what I most appreciated was the last part. It was an huge surprise when I entered in the virtual zone, at the sight of the giant sentient I just got a shock, astonished, in a mix of feelings of excitment, curiosity and will to continue to know what would have happened

The gameplay was really fun, well made, and a good exercise of coordination and reflexes. All the people who are arguing that it was too difficult probably did not know that you can simply croach to avoid the laser beam, and that you could hear and see it coming from miles away. I fell just 3 times in the first section of the song, enjoying the rest till the end. Moreover enemies which spawned were 1 hit killable and you were also assisted by the ally chepalons, so it was just a matter of reflexes and coordination which ,I can assure you, were not at all high standards to fullfill.  I'm not some kind of korean god with not human reflexes, you can consider me a common casual player, so if I did it without problems, it was NOT difficult.

After the quest, I can say that the grind in order to get the bps of the parts was moderate, so it did not bored me to death, but instead I had fun to do those parts of the game which I generally ignore, as the melody test, or looking for the caches on lua.

What would I like to change in the quest?

it would be cool if all the bps parts were droppable from a sound test as the pad-melody one for systems. You could use the organ test, melody test and a new one to get all the parts, which in this way would be linked to a sound theme :) 

Edited by Cloud

The quest was amazing in story and characters! It was exciting to learn Suda had memory problems (which happened to be so incredibly relatable to me personally) and only made me wonder if she collected so much data purely for the fact that she constantly forgot it which made me depressed lol. Also really liked the grind for parts afterward (not sarcasm). Preferred it over Nidus as at least it was different missions rather than a single mission so variety was good. 

My only real gripe was the last part with the platforming. 3k hours later and I'm still terrible at platforming, never been good at platformers in general so I had a rough time lol. Didn't mind the sentients or knockdowns - those were fine. I was really only frustrated with spawning all the way back at the beginning platform rather than near where I fell. Being terrible at jumping, the respawn mechanic only extended the mission far more than necessary as I had to jump all the way to the other side or wherever I needed to continue completing the music puzzle. Understandably players need to be punished for falling but maybe place down more nodes to respawn at depending on where they are in the tileset rather than just the one in the beginning? The puzzle itself was not difficult, just tedious if you fell off which I did at least 50 times xD

Did anyone notice Hunhow spewed out a spoiler on Ordis. 

Spoiler

Ordis real name was Ordan Karris,

"The Beast of Bone" before Balas punished him with "eternal life" as a...      *cough*  *cough* 

I nearly shed tears listening to the story 

The Quest was.....

Spoiler

Why would you put a 30 minute crafting delay in right at the start of the quest ? Makes no senses what so ever. 

I starting the crafting went and played another game for two days and haven't even bothered going back to the quest.

Edited by DxAdder

why is this in General Discussion, and not somewhere logical like..... Warframe&Ability Feedback?

anyways the Quest starts off really weak - the first Mission to collect the Mandachord parts is really lame.
it picks up from there and it's different and interesting after that, but that first Mission is really boring.

and.... a 30min build time on the Mandachord after that first Mission? i haven't even played anything in the Quest yet! >.>

in the...... platforming segment, as aforementioned the red bad spots blended in with the background to some degree. but, the good spots also weren't that easy to see.
the center decoration of Hunhow certainly wasn't helping, with the colors it mixed in to add to confusion.
i got lost a few times where i couldn't see any bad or good spots i hadn't stood on because i couldn't see them until i was very close. so just walking around the circle aimlessly.

some of the dialogue and decorations in the platforming segment felt insincere and cheesy, such as Ordis and Simaris floating around - something about the movement of their visuals just felt cheap.

enjoyed pmuch everything else about it.
the increased risk as you went through the platforming segment as the smaller rings had less 'checkpoints' and safezones was good.
Sentient fights made an alright middle ground(wouldn't need to disable the ones in the Quest dropping things if the rates for some of their things were actually fair in the first place instead of highly anti-player...) though for the second Mandachord terminal, when escaping one room got loaded up pretty heavily with Sentients, allowing about a dozen or more to link together. not a problem for me, but Players more towards the newer end of the spectrum probably would with having that much AoE spam in one spot.

made Suda feel like she was in real trouble, though i suppose all Characters in Warframe are portrayed as natural sentient beings, even if they're computers they still act like they're completely human. so i suppose not much for difficulties in making the Player care about what's happening to Suda.

I honestly liked the ENTIRE quest, with VERY tiny annoyances (to me, I consider them to be neglible issues):

Following the music-light-thing, while very simple, was somehow ... enchanting? The 30 minute craftin, while mildly annoying, wasn't a big deal for me personally, as I just did the Sorties meanwhile, as well as spent (probably too much) time recolouring my new Adarza Kavat :P But I can see this being rather annoying to other players, I guess? *shrugs*

Doing the anthem "puzzles", while also very simple, was very nice too because they felt so very different (and I found it to be a rather clever way to give at least a mild introduction to players in regards to Mandachord music crafting). Fighting Sentients was a nice change of pace too. Especially when you had to get out from... Lua was it? With the insane Sentient-spawning? I had a brief, but genuine, feeling of an "OH SHI-!" moment there, which is rare for me to feel in Warframe.

Final stage was also VERY cool, fresh and fun! I felt it was actually giving you a good run for your parkouring and attention skills (with the big beam and searching for platforms to jump onto). I especially liked how having to use bulletjump and aimglide with precision was important. For those who are not good at platforming / parkouring: I honestly thought it was more than forgiving enough (even having safe spots to go to and all, only needing to crouch to dodge the beam etc). Also, consider that it's a rather lategame quest for a very powerful Warframe, so needing even a tiny bit of skill and/or patience to get through it sounds perfectly fair to me.

Only criticism I could give towards the final stage, if I had to, is that the good and bad spots (mostly the bad ones) were a tad difficult to spot, at least from afar (only really being a noticeable problem when you have fallen off and restart at the beginning platform, when you are trying to spot where you have to go next was sliiiiightly annoying due to this visual issue).

Also, the first moment when you enter the final stage was a true "WOAH!" moment! That's been rare in Warframe for me. Wouldn't mind an actual boss-fight that had a similar menacing setting as this one in the future.

I easily consider this the best sidequest in the game, HONESTLY matching up to TSD and TWW in overall fun and quality. Yes, I'm entirely serious. I honestly feel that you don't need huge and complex quests for it to be any good. They just need to feel a little bit... fresh? Different? And Octavia's Anthem was EXACTLY that, to me.
So kudos for this unexpectedly awesome quest! :)

I loved it. This made me feel immersed, suda and then ordis and then myself was on the line. 

If I failed, Hunhow would use the dataweave between cephalons (their language/universe) to take over all cephalons. 

Hunhow never felt like a threat until now, and I welcome it.

I too had some o sh$t moments with sentients, ordis leaving and entering the virtual world.

And that lore. Finally another mention of the nagadrums, used to coordinate attacks.

Overall a really fun time, except for falling off 50 times as the end, but honesty that only made me feel it was a challenge.

I liked the mission with Space Navi.  Following the light was interesting.  However, I despise the final mission.  Yes, I could probably switch to Titania and cheese it.  I shouldn't *have* to.  If I wanted to play a platformer, I'd be playing a platforming game - there's apparently a large number of games with accurate jumping and responsive jumping controls.  Warframe is NOT one of them.  I tried the final mission with the warframe I had equipped for the entire rest of the quest, Limbo.  After repeatedly skidding off platforms and eventually getting destroyed by the beam sweep, I dropped the mission.  And even though I purchased Octavia and the mission is worth a "free" pistol Riven, I don't think I'm going to try it again.  Jumping puzzles suck.

And I'll note that even *using* Titania to try to cheese it, Rebecca and Megan took ages to finish this mission in their recent stream.  It's a slog, it's badly designed if you aren't using specific frames, it's not fun if you're not already a fan of jumping puzzles, and generally it's just a bad idea.  But I'm just one person on the Internet, and I know exactly what my opinion on anything is worth.

For the people who did enjoy it - I'm glad you found it fun.  I wish I could share in that feeling.  I really do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 6:04 PM, TBonenom said:

All of this. Everything would've been 100x improved if there were a floor underneath the platforms. DE, you seriously need to learn the difference between challenge and annoyance. The whole last part is 99% of the latter, which is the whole reason as to why i won't be finishing the quest. This is your doing DE, you are being increasingly more infuriating with unfinished mechanics, unthought-out level design and complete disregard of any opinion other than your own lately. I don't approve one bit. Yes, i'm salty.

If you want easy play minecraft. Warframe is not supposed to be easy and they dont want to essentially give away warframes without working for them. Yeah you can buy the plat for them but dont complain about a mission being difficult that gives you a warframe. It wouldn't be a good game otherwise. Great games always challenge your mind to think about new tactics. I had trouble on a few missions for a quest. It will always happen. But that is whu we play games. To accept the challenges of the developers. Thats all DE does here. Thats all any developers do. Tell a story without making the missions impossible while pushing us to think outside the box. Keep pushing DE. Make us think more.

I finished the quest on PS4 recently and found a few problems in it (I don't know if this is by design but here goes):

-Somehow Limbo's Banish didn't work or worked only about 10seconds on the Sentients. I used Cataclism and Statis around the consoles, but when I went outide and tried to get Sentients with banish, the counter only worked for a short period of time, or none at all (and yes I was in the right plane).

-Also, against the final boss Loki's switch teleport didn't swiitch the dummy. I teleported to where the dummy was but the decoy was still in the same place which prevented me from activating the note or clearing the bad ones.

I liked the quest a lot specially the first part where you search for the Metacord(?) parts. I wished there where more exploration mission and quests. The boss fight was ok, but I tought I could actually do some damage to it after getting each note instead of just Mario'ning around the platforms (I still can't believe people can do that in 5m). And it would be coll if you could do that with a squad.

All in all, good fun. Thanks DE!

Edited by (PS4)leonidasx666

This is my first comment in the forum so go easy on me. May contain SPOILER

I just finished the Octavia's anthem quest, and I have to admit this the most memorable boss fight than other quest bosses in wf. It took me approximately one hour and huge concentration to finish it, but it was worth it. Yes, It was frustrating sometimes ( getting knocked down or knock back isn't my hobby in the first place ) but I will pick this boss mechanics over invulnerable boss with hordes of minions any day. Not to mention Ordis was actually useful this time.

P.S. Didn't know our Simaris has a bit of Tsundere side 😁