Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Either that or double the amount of notes vertically in each section. It'd be nice to have more capability either way. I'm really hoping for a couple more sound packs soon as well. I'd like to be better able to translate songs from FM-84 a group I've been enjoying recently.

Hmmm, I think it's worth considering, however your party members are able to use the metronome aura as well so making it disappear for them would probably not be best. Also if you made the mandachord sequencer appear instead of the current effects it would be harder to stay with the beat when the bar travels behind you as well as your party members would have a hard time keeping with the beat visually as well. This would be a problem even if you had the full mandachord spun instead of the bar. From what I'm understanding anyway. It's important that the effects remain visually similar in a 360 degree perspective. so that no matter how you're turning or where your party members are you and them are easily able to understand the beat visually.The part I think needs the most consideration at the moment would be Octavia's 4 ability which is kinda ridiculous on the clutter scale. I'd consider instead of making weird beat bars, spikes, and what have you popping out of the floor there could be a lit dance floor kind of theme. The dance floor could either be a solid circle on the ground that pulses with the beat of the melody section which would make it easier to use the 3rd ability, or a kind of checkered disco or other pattern which also pulses in some useful way.

Edited by A-01_Strangeland102

9 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Ahem..

Hide contents

VvsByf4.jpg

The more sound samples per beat are used, the higher is the damage AND the worse is the visual. The eye-bleeding graphic from the image above was caused by this setup

fFBGgD1.jpg

My setup uses up all avaible space and doesnt look this horrific, mine is muted so people dont freak out when they hear that horrific abonimation.

Are you sure it increases damage? The wiki states that the rythm only decides the rate of fire for the mallet.

For example the mallet either deals 100 damage in 1 beat or 10 damage in 10 beat.

14 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

Ahem..

Reveal hidden contents

VvsByf4.jpg

The more sound samples per beat are used, the higher is the damage AND the worse is the visual. The eye-bleeding graphic from the image above was caused by this setup

fFBGgD1.jpg

Yeah tried for a little while yesterday to replicate this, boosted all notes and volumes etc and nothing.

I honestly believe its a graphicsl error because it doesnt flux larger than a saucer regardless of what i try.

On 22.04.2017 at 9:16 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

My setup uses up all avaible space and doesnt look this horrific, mine is muted so people dont freak out when they hear that horrific abonimation.

Are you sure it increases damage? The wiki states that the rythm only decides the rate of fire for the mallet.

For example the mallet either deals 100 damage in 1 beat or 10 damage in 10 beat.

I guess mine looks so because of noise level produced by Druk instruments.

And I guess I was wrong about it's damage distribution over beats, didn't test it thoroughly due to being very tired after work. But I do think that more frequent beats in the end will do more total damage because of gradual decrease of the stored damage, contrary to, say, 1 beat per two seconds when there is plenty of time for the stored damage to decrease.

Edit:

I just tried 1 beat (for the whole circle) against 20 lvl145 chargers and it did no damage, whereas the setup from my screenshot did (well, as did 2 beats, but the first beat was 45k dmg, and the second was half of it).

Edited by Bouldershoulder

8 hours ago, Bouldershoulder said:

I guess mine looks so because of noise level produced by Druk instruments.

And I guess I was wrong about it's damage distribution over beats, didn't test it thoroughly due to being very tired after work. But I do think that more frequent beats in the end will do more total damage because of gradual decrease of the stored damage, contrary to, say, 1 beat per two seconds when there is plenty of time for the stored damage to decrease.

Edit:

I just tried 1 beat (for the whole circle) against 20 lvl145 chargers and it did no damage, whereas the setup from my screenshot did (well, as did 2 beats, but the first beat was 45k dmg, and the second was half of it).

Hmm thats interesting, this means the less beats we have the more inital damage we deal. Im going to test this out more.

Ok, I did a short test and it seems only the number of beats affect the damage, not time. Roughly, if we have 2 beats, no matter how they are placed relative each other, first beat will do 2/3 damage, second will do 1/3, i.e. half of what the first did. Where time is concerned is how long enemies stay in the area of effect. They may come out before the last beat and miss 1/3 of the damage, they may come in after the first beat and miss 2/3 of the damage. So I still think that more beats are more effective.

Edit:

Some more testing. Adding samples to a beat actually makes that beat less powerful, which is really counterintuitive. The portion taken away from the beat is transferred to the others. For 1 to 1 samples per beat (with only two beats) damage is distributed 0.6(6) + 0.3(3) (2/3 to 1/3), for 2 to 1 and 3 to 1 accordingly it's 0,6 + 0.4 and 0.57 + 0.43. For the reverse 1 to 2 and 1 to 3 it's 0.75+0.25 and 0.8+0.2. I'm currently too lazy to figure out the math..

On 21.4.2017 at 10:48 PM, (PS4)psycofang said:

I have NEVER seen mallet get that large ever. 

That's because he positioned himself as such that the mallet is like almost inside the camera...it doesn't get that large as it looks.

Octavia is actually one of the eye-friendliest warframes out there. I could name so many frames who are WAY worse and don't get complained about. Limbo, Vauban just to give 2 examples.

34 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

That's because he positioned himself as such that the mallet is like almost inside the camera...it doesn't get that large as it looks.

Octavia is actually one of the eye-friendliest warframes out there. I could name so many frames who are WAY worse and don't get complained about. Limbo, Vauban just to give 2 examples.

Try throwing in a roller that will whirl around you.

Do you see much?

EKugOlQ.jpg

ncHhjIo.jpg

mF8EOvn.jpg

uT9cJlV.jpg

First, let me say how much I love to play as Octavia. Gameplay wise she is amazingly fun and engaging and I love that everyone's songs can be unique, but I felt disappointed when I tried making my own song. I love music and play frequently, and only having five notes to work with (ten if you count the same notes in base) was really disheartening. I feel like having an eight note scale would make things a lot easier. I know people will never be satisfied, and you have to say "this is good enough" because it will never be perfect, but I think that an eight note scale could be emplemented at some point. I believe this would open up a lot of extra creative options for the musically inclined players such as myself.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:31 PM, (Xbox One)Cam797 said:

First, let me say how much I love to play as Octavia. Gameplay wise she is amazingly fun and engaging and I love that everyone's songs can be unique, but I felt disappointed when I tried making my own song. I love music and play frequently, and only having five notes to work with (ten if you count the same notes in base) was really disheartening. I feel like having an eight note scale would make things a lot easier. I know people will never be satisfied, and you have to say "this is good enough" because it will never be perfect, but I think that an eight note scale could be emplemented at some point. I believe this would open up a lot of extra creative options for the musically inclined players such as myself.

Furthermore, the fact that the songs are too short isn't really a point in our favor in endurance runs with how short the music is. Granted, the short music is important for players to get into the rhythm where metronome is concerned, so what I suggest is music randomization:

Whenever she activates any one of her powers, a song that you currently have loaded is chosen; that particular song will keep playing as long as any one of her first three powers are active since you can refresh them at any time. If none of her powers are active and the music has stopped, a new song you saved is loaded on the next power. This way you wouldn't have to stop to choose a new song in the middle of battle, and keep that funky fresh flow.

With that in mind, being able to delete songs would be nice too.

Edited by DarkSignal

Octavia.... " A beautiful monstrosity " I say this because I feel as if she could be more useful...

For a Warframe that " Supplies Buffs " her way of doing it is pretty awful. I say this because I feel as if her abilities should have an innate buff rather than a " cast this, do that to activate "

ABILITIES

• Mallet- I feel as mallet should be kept the same but instead of incoming damage as output damage ,it should in general have a DoT. Also since its has a beat, enemies that enter the AoE are CC ( Staggered like Quake or Octavias Own Stagger ( a hypnotizing dance ) )
  • Resonator- Remove the " charm effect " since Mallet has its own " charm effect  " and both synergize its almost pointless for both to have it. Also resonator should buff the range of all her abilities since by definition " resonate " means to get louder, and possibly a option to " attack or guard area " like other specters
  • Metronome- Heres the part I hate... " cast this, do that to activate " A majority of time seeing people Playing Octavia they waste most of the time sitting in 1 spot trying to activate buffs. I feel as this should be like Chromas Passive. It should have 1 guaranteed buff ( nerfed if stacked ) and the others can be automatically activated to but only increase in multiplier over time gradually ( nerfed if stacked ) this would bring more use to her.
  • Amp- Keep The Same 
  • Passive- Her passive should be " Martial Music "  but its already good im just picking lol.

Please Comment And Leave Feedback. :)

12 minutes ago, (PS4)zXx_Fly_Guy_xXz said:

Octavia.... " A beautiful monstrosity " I say this because I feel as if she could be more useful...

For a Warframe that " Supplies Buffs " her way of doing it is pretty awful. I say this because I feel as if her abilities should have an innate buff rather than a " cast this, do that to activate "

ABILITIES

• Mallet- I feel as mallet should be kept the same but instead of incoming damage as output damage ,it should in general have a DoT. Also since its has a beat, enemies that enter the AoE are CC ( Staggered like Quake or Octavias Own Stagger ( a hypnotizing dance ) )
  • Resonator- Remove the " charm effect " since Mallet has its own " charm effect  " and both synergize its almost pointless for both to have it. Also resonator should buff the range of all her abilities since by definition " resonate " means to get louder, and possibly a option to " attack or guard area " like other specters
  • Metronome- Heres the part I hate... " cast this, do that to activate " A majority of time seeing people Playing Octavia they waste most of the time sitting in 1 spot trying to activate buffs. I feel as this should be like Chromas Passive. It should have 1 guaranteed buff ( nerfed if stacked ) and the others can be automatically activated to but only increase in multiplier over time gradually ( nerfed if stacked ) this would bring more use to her.
  • Amp- Keep The Same 
  • Passive- Her passive should be " Martial Music "  but its already good im just picking lol.

Please Comment And Leave Feedback. :)

How she does it doesnt matter. The fact remains that she does. She might be the single best frame in the game as she stands right now. 

Damage that scales with enemy level, cc that attracts enemies, and stealth. All of these things are individual aspects that people will take an entire frame for, and she has them all, and does them just as well, if not better. 

13 minutes ago, Buddhakingpen said:

She might be the single best frame in the game as she stands right now. 

So long as you are Solo, or I'm doing something terribly wrong.  The majority of missions I take her on with a full squad results in most enemies ignoring mallet if cast alone or doing godawful damage when combined with resonator.  Metronome is blindingly spammy and makes me feel bad for using it near others.

Not to mention if the octavia in the group doesn't have a good sounding beat on her abilities and they aren't nice enough to mute them, its just terrible to be around.

Solo though, oh yeah, she's amazing.  Stay invisible with your wailing metronome beat that lets you spam crouch, enemies get attracted to mallet instantly due to no other aggro targets in sight and resonator is only used in emergencies should invis fail.

I'm sure she's just as good in coordinated preplanned squads but otherwise you'll feel almost useless and (me personally) like crap for not having the most amazing mandachord song that not only sounds great but grants buffs without hassle.

Edited by Xekrin

1 hour ago, Buddhakingpen said:

How she does it doesnt matter. The fact remains that she does. She might be the single best frame in the game as she stands right now. 

Damage that scales with enemy level, cc that attracts enemies, and stealth. All of these things are individual aspects that people will take an entire frame for, and she has them all, and does them just as well, if not better. 

As I stated and the community stated the problem relies in her buffing system " activate this, do that " this leaves the Octavia player constantly AFK somewhere being useless keeping the buffs up. She would be a lot more useful if her buff system initially gave the buff

We need a BEAT BOX sound pack!

How great would that be? Sure, some wouldn't enjoy it, but I think a whole lot of people would enjoy it.

Also, sustained notes, please. I'm sure it would be a bit of work, but the current method is painfully limited.

So after testing testing and more testing. I have came to an conclusion that the 2 abilities that looks like have synergy. Actually doesn't. Every single game I get into with an Octivia. I never understood why they throw out Mallet then immediately resonator. I always thought if your going to throw resonator immediately out. Then you pretty much just wasted energy for Mallet.

I guess the Idea is to let Mallet absorb dmg then throw out your resonator to make it mobile. But the diminishing dmg numbers drops to fast to even make you want it to be mobile. Plus the dmg numbers drop without taking any hits because resonator stops enemies from firing. Making Mallet mobile totally useless after a few seconds. Truth be told. It looks like they have synergy but the 2 abilities really does not whatsoever. 

Also you can't say it's also buildup for her amp ability so it can reach max dmg boost because I tested and you in fact don't need all your abilities active to get the maximum potential. Activating at least one of your abilities during a firefight is enough to reach the maximum boost potential. Plus half the time you don't need any abilities active. Even thou her 4th ability description kinda implies it does.

•Easy Fix

Gives us the ability to deactivate resonator instead of throwing out another roller. Simple change would be a huge impact. You can throw out your Mallet. Resonator will go and pick it up charming all foes to following it. Then deactivate it and it will drop Mallet with all chasing enemies in mallets range. Would be perfect.

Edited by (XB1)Cash201293

Yeah to be perfectly honest i noticed this right off the bat. resonator kills mallets use. Also i noticed that even with a power strength build on her, half the time just enemies shooting is enough to max out amp.

there is no synergy between her abilities currently