Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Octavia Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

On 9/7/2017 at 7:39 PM, Kusariyaro said:

When is Octavia getting a nerf?
A 40s stealth to all players, free multishot, TWO DAMAGE BUFFS ( cry rhino), and a speed buff (cry volt), on top of all that mallet- that scales infinitely with enemies.

Yeah lets nerf all the frames except the newest one.

Let Banshee still have Resonating Quake where she enters a map, pops an energy restore, presses 4 and wins the game.

Right. But limbo was too strong.

If you seek balance, you come to the wrong game. See how enemies-invisibility interactions have been broken for years? It's dumb and trivialize gameplay still a lot of people ignore balance for the sake of grinding optimization. 

Warframe is an incremental game, other genres/tags are just for sugar coating purpose. 

Octavia is my fave frame and i think i have an idea on a way to semi balance her. get rid of her 2 and replace it with a sleep or stun... she is an audio frame after all...

say you have your mallet out and things get a little too crazy or you need to move (you are super squishy) you instead pop your sleep and move... 

it balances the mallet out because if they are asleep it they are not building damage and the damage starts to fall off. they are both useful but not always together. if you wanted you could even make the asleep enemies immune to mallets damage (but not all damage, just damage from that ability) or you could make the sleep radius larger than the mallet one so enemies are not building mallet damage from outside the range.

Octavia is in a good place but her number 2 isnt very useful and her malet is a great ability. She fills a unique slot for me as a stealth defender frame. the cc of the 2 is not very useful since she is area denial and that is a moving ability.