Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Tenora and Pandero Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

orTNRP1.jpg

New weapons are now available in Update 20: Octavia's Anthem! 

Tenora

A high tempo rifle. Choose between automatic and semi automatic fire to lay waste to your enemies. Its primary fire rewards increased accuracy and fire rate with consistent shooting. Its alt fire will load up 10 ammo before being shot in a single blow. The Tenora can be purchased in the Market for Platinum or researched in the Tenno Lab Dojo room. 

Pandero

This fan hammer pistol, like the Tenora, also has two firing modes. Its semi-automatic primary fire will please sharpshooters. Its alt fire packs a punch (several) by emptying its entire clip in one trigger pull, but hold steady, the shots also have some kick to them. The Pandero can be purchased in the Market for Platinum or you can purchase its Blueprint in the Market for crafting. 

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - feel free to share videos and discussions after playing with the Tenora and Pandero. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/776647-update-20-bug-report-megathread/

Thank you! We hope you enjoy the Update :)

The same crap as with every update for us european players. Update at 9pm (Prime Time, thanks for that), download speeds like 1995. Do you have a C64 as CDN? I have a 1GB line and my max download speed is 300kb/s.....really good job.

Perhaps you should give your hamster more food....

I love the Tenora, really well done. Only 2 things I have a slight gripe with: The alt fire is, again, not switchable, and additionally has the forced full charge and auto release mechanic that is really awkward to use, which shouldn't be the case for something that uses TEN ammo per shot; And the visual feedback on the alt fire is severely lacking. For something that takes 10 ammo and such a long charge-time there should be some thick lasershot or energy ball or "soundwave" or something; as it currently stands it looks like a normal shot; hell , the Euphonas normal shot is thicker and more visible!

1 hour ago, ShikiRen said:

For something that takes 10 ammo and such a long charge-time there should be some thick lasershot or energy ball or "soundwave" or something; as it currently stands it looks like a normal shot; hell , the Euphonas normal shot is thicker and more visible!

I don't have it yet, but I was expecting something like Mesa's Ballistic Battery shot. Sad to hear that's not the case. As you said, for 10 ammo and a charge it should certainly be impactful.

Given how little Ballistic Battery is likely used DE could probably reuse it's asset and nobody would notice. *Wink wink nudge nudge*

Hind  

Spoiler

Puncture:7.5        Impact:7.5     Slash:  15.0

Burst

Accuracy:33.3                                              

Critical Chance:5.0%

Critical Multiplier:1.5x                                                       

Fire rate:6.25

Magazine:65

Reload:2.0

Trigger: Burst

Semi-auto

Puncture: 12.0     Impact: 12.0    Slash:36.0

Accuracy: 28.6

Critical Chance:10.0%

Critical Multiplier:2.0x

Fire rate:2.50

Magazine: unchanged

Reload: unchanged

Trigger: semi-auto

Pandore

Spoiler

Puncture: 19.0    Impact: 19.0    Slash:38.0

Accuracy: 16.0

Critical Chance: 30.0

Critical Multiplier:2.5x

Fire rate: 3.00

Magazine: 8

Reload:  1.0

charge shot

Puncture:19.0     Impact: 19.0    Slash:38.0

Accuracy: 8.2

Critical Chance: unchanged

Critical Multiplier: unchanged

Fire rate:0.00

Trigger: burst

7 hours ago, Jackel7 said:

Hind  

Reveal hidden contents

Puncture:7.5        Impact:7.5     Slash:  15.0

Burst

Accuracy:33.3                                              

Critical Chance:5.0%

Critical Multiplier:1.5x                                                       

Fire rate:6.25

Magazine:65

Reload:2.0

Trigger: Burst

Semi-auto

Puncture: 12.0     Impact: 12.0    Slash:36.0

Accuracy: 28.6

Critical Chance:10.0%

Critical Multiplier:2.0x

Fire rate:2.50

Pandore

Reveal hidden contents

Puncture: 19.0    Impact: 19.0    Slash:38.0

Accuracy: 16.0

Critical Chance: 30.0

Critical Multiplier:2.5x

Fire rate: 3.00

Magazine: 8

Reload:  1.0

charge shot

Puncture:19.0     Impact: 19.0    Slash:38.0

Accuracy: 8.2

Critical Chance: unchanged

Critical Multiplier: unchanged

Fire rate:0.00

Trigger: burst

I'm also disappointed with the Hind "buff", but to be fair, it is a mastery 0 gun. That said, I've no idea what mastery Pandero requires, anyone know?

21 hours ago, ShikiRen said:

I love the Tenora, really well done. Only 2 things I have a slight gripe with: The alt fire is, again, not switchable, and additionally has the forced full charge and auto release mechanic that is really awkward to use, which shouldn't be the case for something that uses TEN ammo per shot; And the visual feedback on the alt fire is severely lacking. For something that takes 10 ammo and such a long charge-time there should be some thick lasershot or energy ball or "soundwave" or something; as it currently stands it looks like a normal shot; hell , the Euphonas normal shot is thicker and more visible!

This please DE. 

I like the Pandero. It's the only one I've gotten so far, but it's great.

No special discussion or complaints here, just positive feedback.

Quality reload animation (that's big, to me), good sound effects on reload and fire, good stats with a secondary fire mode that is useful with the same mod loadout as the primary fire mode.

I approve. My compliments to the animation, art, and sound design teams. Tell whoever made the magazine-spin noise on reload that Yuni likes their style.

You'll be getting my thanks in the form of me buying Prime Access tier 3, as usual. <3

Thanks for all your hard work, Devs. :3 Compsci major, so I know what you folk go through.

I've only had a chance to try the Pandero so far, but I love it, it's replaced my Aklex Prime and I haven't had this much fun going for headshots since using the Lato or Grinlok's release.

Everything about it is pretty much perfect, except I'm not a huge fan of the firing sound. I like that it's softer, so you can hear the headshot crunch, but I just wish it didn't sound so much like an energy weapon.

Most enjoyable weapon released since Grinlok as far as I'm concerned, looking forward to the pump action shotgun and trying the Tenora (and possible Prisma Grinlok/Grinlok Wraith? I must have one...) :p

Edit: I basically wish the firing sound was... clickier?

Edited by TheDrunkenKanaima

Tenora - Charge shot consumes too much bullets. I think 4 is enough.

and hey, could you just make its charge shot an alt-fire mode?

clicking wheel button may appropriate for detonate stacked booms or something like that,

but when it comes to rapid/charge shooting, this can be very uncomfortable.

clicking every time may have advantage when you must choose between full auto and charge shot within a short time,

but in actual play it occurs very rare I think. so if you make it an alt-fire mode instead of single shot, it can be helpful.

eventually this gun will be Primed (because it is Tenno-made)

so let's hope the Primed one have much better accuracy and shorter spool time.

Pandero - Its recoil is very high, but have good stat and no other complaints at all.

I can't wait till Tenora and Stradavar be Primed...wait, when will the Umbra things come?

Pandero has been awesome so far. Took me only a few minutes of messing around to fall in love with it, already dumped 2 forma into it and will soon add a third. Single shot is accurate, does great damage (love the crit) and is fast to reload. Alt-fire is fun, and quite powerful once you learn to adjust for the recoil. only complaint is that it forces you out of aim, mainly because you can't unload a clip while glide-aiming through the air John Woo style. If you could figure out a way to get out of aim focus but keep the aim glide with alt fire, the pistol would be darn near perfect.

Will post thoughts on the Tenora once I can craft one.

Edited by Foefaller

Pandero is pretty much my dream-pistol!
Middle-of-the-road power. Quick reload. Accurate. Fun secondary fire. I don't even care all that much about the insane crit and good status chance (even though they are nice of course).

If the Lato is the 9mm pistol and the Lex (Prime) is the 50 cal, then Pandero is the .45. And I love those "middle ground" pistols which the .45 pistols tend to be. Add to it that it has a secondary fire which is fun and situational-but-highly-useful, just adds more awesomeness to the gun.

(Note: I feel sorry for the Vasto Prime though. It could really need some buffs imo. Pandero is better in every way except for Rate of Fire and possibly slightly milder recoil)

So, thanks for adding this gun! :)

I agree with ShikiRen and some of the others in this thread, please make the alt fire less costly, and a mode switch rather than a center mouse button press.

It will feel much more comfortable and make the gun more adaptable to various situations.

I knew  theTenora reminded of me something very recent. It works somewhat Legions weapon from Titanfall 2!

So a good and awesome change that can be made to visually improve the feel of this gun is to have the barrel glow as you are charging the charge shot and blast of shot that's powerful and laud!

Exactly as the video below shows what a power shot really means!

Hope this change can be made as well as the change of sound effect of the barrel spinning and the normal shots fired to sound more heavy and impactful. Add smoke trails! It sounds so weak, light and like a toy gun right now!

This is our first rotary minigun style type weapon in Warframe so I hope this criticism as well as making a switch mode for alt fire be made to this lovely weapon!

Would you consider buffing the magazine capacity of the Tenora at all ? ( 100/120 )

80 rounds with a high fire rate after a few secs due to its mechanic & 2.5 secs reload feels a bit like driving a Lambo with a 3 gallons tank ( start, a couple accelerations and pit stop at the next gas station rotfl )

ps: i'd like a more bad &amp;#&#33; firing sounds, it sounds like those BB electric softair guns right now

pps: the rest is good, stats & look all together

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Have both guns and love them to pieces. Like others have said I would like to see a more impactful animation for the Tenora alt-fire, but otherwise I have no problems with them. They are two beautiful weapons, with sleek designs and good stats. The alt-fire for the Pandero is just brilliant as well.

Tenora seems rather lackluster. No polarities means that anything half-decent will require at least 4, maybe 5 Forma even without Rivens, and even then it's pretty much Soma Prime with a different flavor and slightly worse crit-build potential.

Alt.fire suffers from Opticor syndrome - you can't hold the charge, so using it isn't really comfortable.

Magazine size is definitely too small for a high-RoF weapon and reload time could use a little buff.

Conclusion: If you already own a formaed Soma/Soma Prime this is mastery fodder. 

If you don't have either and don't mind investing upwards of 4 forma - it's a budget alternative to Soma Prime. 

Pandero on the other hand is a surprisingly decent pistol. My only gripe with it is that primary fire is not hitscan.