Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Tenora and Pandero Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

The Pandero is an excellent weapon overall. I have some other concerns related indirectly to it but those are for another time.

I think the burst fire is generally inferior to the normal shot because it wastes ammo on overkill and renders aiming/aimgliding impossible while in use.

Not being able to aim down sights is a bad thing with a crit-based weapon, especially.

But it is situationally useful in that I can take down a closely packed wave of mobs with it or use it to ensure a bombard is most assuredly dead.

A lot of the other alt fire weapons have dual firing mods that are about equally useful, I think, but they can require different usage styles or even different mod setups to maximize, and I don't think there's anything wrong with having a weapon that has one type of fire that is useful most of the time, and another that you get reminded of in certain situations that are not a constant in battle, but pop up with some degree of regularity.

After having used the Tenora, I can say I love it just as much as the Pandero, except I'm not a huge fan of the reload sounds this time as they sound far too electronic. The alt-fire is nice, and frankly since I'm only finding myself using it on heavy/bombards etc, I'm glad it's not a toggle as some people have suggested since that'd just add 2 extra button presses every time I want to use it, and it actually feels like an alternate fire mode instead of a strange weapon swap like the Stradavar does. 

It's been a very long time since a weapon came out that I actually enjoyed using, and now I've got 2 at once, so thanks for that. Really hoping the pump action shotgun has some satisfying reload/pump/firing sounds now; these two are almost perfect, if it weren't for the Pandero's pewy firing sound and the Tenora's beep boop reload (they're nice, they just don't fit the rest of the theme of the guns in my opinion.)

I love everything about the Tenora except for two things:

-The process to actually use the alternate fire is kinda weird. I'm not sure if how it works right now is meant to fit the theme of the weapon but it would feel nicer to have alternate fire switch between firing modes like it does on the stradavar, and hold to charge instead of a single press. My alt-fire button is on the keyboard so that's where my gripe comes from; it's annoying to aim and fire with two hands instead of one. 

-The continuity between how much ammo the charged shot uses and how it looks. I really like the sound it makes, but if it consumes 10 bullets then shouldn't it look like 10 bullets are fired instead of one?

Tenora charge shot indeed costs way too much ammo, which highlights my other problem with the weapon: mag size is way too small for a full-auto weapon, especially one with a spin-up period. I feel like I'm reloading constantly. Should be 100 at least, with charge shots costing no more than 5. Honestly given how clunky the charge is, it should just cost 1.

On a final note, the shot report of both Tenora and Pandero is very underwhelming. They sound like pea shooters. Given the musical theme, I would've expected something with a bit more snap.

Edited by Cryssoberyl

Pandero is probably one of the best guns you ever released, both mechanically sound, aesthetically pleasing, and with quality sounds and animations.

As for the Tenora, i have mostly 2 small issues with it: the alt fire both sounds and looks really unimpressive, which is a real shame.

Didn't pay further attention to the Tenora, since it seemed to be a worse Soma Prime. But the Pandero straight up replaced my Lex Prime. The only way this could be better would be more polarities. I needed 7 Forma on my Pandero to make it viable for high-level missions. As it stands it's a sidegrade to the Lex Prime, with the alt fire making it stand out from the other pistols.

oh there's a Thread specifically for these Weapons.

Pandero is Powercreep on Vasto Prime. better at literally everything. when Vasto Prime was already a solid Weapon vs Lv100 Armored Enemies.
which is meh.
thematically the Weapon is cool and i like using it (especially since it supercedes Vasto Prime in every way i guess, and that's a Weapon i already enjoyed using).
aside from being all around Powercreep, the Crit Chance is too good to be true. would be more appropriate around 22.5%.

oh, if you're using Fine Aim and then hit Alt-Fire to perform the magdump, it forces you to zoom out. that feels weird.
(Edit: also if you're holding Fine Aim when switching Weapons, normally it will automatically zoom in once done switching, Pandero doesn't do that - make consistent plox)

Tenora is Powercreep on all Automatic/Assault Rifle style Weapons except for Braton Prime(via Slash Status) and Soma Series(lower Crit Stats).
Tenora Alt-Fire is.... extremely borderline Powercreep on all Bows/Sniper Rifles.

that aside, the Alt-Fire is really cool despite how simple it is. innate Punch-Through is still something out of the ordinary for many Weapons which makes it something worth noting, and the Damage is more than enough to feel worth using.

Primary Fire is boring as hell, like most Automatic Weapons in Warframe are. pow pow pow, and that's all she wrote.
the Crits and Status are nice for general effectiveness and help give you something to look at while shooting, but the feel and sound of the Weapon in Primary Fire is simply extremely boring.

also the Reload looks a bit strange. i don't see why the Character needs to one finger nudge the 'Magazine' into place after putting it there, it breaks the cool looking flow of the Animation.

the balance concerns are perhaps the most important though - like usual, these new Weapons defeat multiple Categories of Weapons in their existence. they do everything or almost everything better, which like usual, means that most of the Weapons that existed before them, will be completely ignored from now on.
Warframe boasts about having so much variety, but in reality it has almost none, because Weapons rarely have unique facets that make them worth using over one another, instead being direct upgrades to throw away the previous options.

which i'm sure makes your Employees soooooo happy, to know that Players generally rightfully so do AFKFarming to get their Mastery for this and that Weapon, then delete it, and only use the Powercreep Weapon that defeats the existence of all the others.
"we want Players to use a variety of Weapons" and "we don't like when Players are all using a select few pieces of Equipment to blitz through everything" is stuff Digital Extremes more or less expresses all the time - yet that's totally false, because Equipment content is almost always direct Powercreep.
why then is just a few percent of Equipment used at any given time? it's always going to be because it's literally better at everything than everything else is. balance is always important - get real.

and ofc the ultimate solution to Alt-Fire usage gripes is to make tapping Alt-Fire use instantly, and holding switch(or cycle, if in the future we finally have Weapons with more than 2 firing methods) to it as a 'Mode'. do this for all Weapons that have multiple firing Modes and you've solved the problem for everyone, and everyone gets the same everything at the same time where everyone can be happy therefore.

Edited by taiiat

Both guns are nice.  But the firing sounds of both modes of the Tenora sound weak.  It is soft enough to sound weak, and slow enough that it doesn't sound overwhelming.  Add some meat on the bones, at least to the charge shot.  I'd also like it if the secondary fire button would be switch firing modes, and that the secondary firing mode was capable of charging and holding like a bow, but that might make it too convenient to use as it already invalidates much of the primaries in the game. 

Edited by Insizer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for reviving this thread! So I built the new weapons and I got to say you did an amazing job DE. The color scheme is very nice, just like Octavia. My favorite between the two is without a doubt the Pandero.

Here is a little request I have, Could you give the Vasto the same alt fire as the Pandero please? And maybe a little buff like you did with the Lex & Sicarus.

• 2 months later...

After using Tenora a relatively long time and enjoying it, i only have 2 problems with this weapon: The "charge time" of the secondary mode, and the low magazine.

Everything else feels great. The sound, the damage, the crit+status stats in both firemodes. It converts it in a great weapon, and definitely top-tier. But again, the problem here is the magazine size.. Only 80 bullets with a stupidly-bad-accuracy spool-up time of around 10 bullets that destroy the whole "powerful machinegun" feeling, and it really converts the weapon into trash.

It would be cool to see a "buff" to the Magazine Size, like increasing it from 80 to 120. This, and increase the secondary-fire ammo-consumption from 10 to 15 so we still have only 8 shoots from the secondary firemode, which are enough (imo). The max ammo could be increased to 840 so we have only 8 magazines.