Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your Mandachord songs!

[DE]Danielle

25 minutes ago, ShineShield said:

Ok this video I made got a strike for breaking Copyright. Please tell me, do the Owners have the right to give me strike for that, just because it's a video containing some cover made in the computer game, or not?

It's probably someone just being a jerk and clicking the 'Report' button.  Mine doesn't have any strikes that I can see.  

If someone decides to press the issue, then Mandachord covers have a pretty decent case for fair use as they're only an an eight-second snippet of the original song.  Another case could be made for being a parody or possibly educational.  As long as you're not charging real money for them then you're fine.

17 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

It's probably someone just being a jerk and clicking the 'Report' button.  Mine doesn't have any strikes that I can see.  

If someone decides to press the issue, then Mandachord covers have a pretty decent case for fair use as they're only an an eight-second snippet of the original song.  Another case could be made for being a parody or possibly educational.  As long as you're not charging real money for them then you're fine.

I actually mean that my video was already marked by YouTube as breaking copyright with the reason "contains the audio materials protected by copyright" or something like that

4 minutes ago, ShineShield said:

I actually mean that my video was already marked by YouTube as breaking copyright with the reason "contains the audio materials protected by copyright" or something like that

Huh.  Now that I know where to look I actually do have copyright notices on 11 of my 846 Mandachord videos, including All Star.  

It's fine.  They're not going to take your video down.  You probably just can't monetize it, or the copyright holder will get a cut if you do.  But the automated system that flagged your video just flags it.  Nothing more is going to happen unless you try to make money off it.

Honestly, take it as a compliment that YouTube's automated system thought your video was close enough to the original to trigger a copyright notice.  

That being said, the 11 that I got flagged on seem to be picked at random.  I have a copyright notice on my Redbone, which is frankly a terrible cover :)

Here's a tune you all know. There are some of the versions on YT, but I bet this one is gonna get all your love. Because PLOGG goes just SUPER GOOD here!

And another one, for MLP lovers :) But maybe someone else is gonna like it :o

Oh, also I found out our friend Lancer Hard has made Bad Apple cover. Well I gave it a try too, cuz someone was not pleased in comments.

Adding new video to the message until someone else posts something. Yarr! Pirate Edition video! Go with it for Hydroid Prime!

Edited by ShineShield
Yarr!

I just found out about this thread and you people are some artists, amazing work!! For me at least it seems amazing xd I'm horrible at attempting to create music with the mandachord, it usually sounds like crying baby seals. I'm trying to make something at 0:49 and 2.39 out of this:

It seems a fairly simple melody but I just can't make anything sound right, music creating is not friends with me pahahaha I'm not sure if it's even achievable, can anyone help? xD

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, iSkeletonzHD said:

For those who are looking for this song, I'll be leaving mine here. :)

Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Nice one!

1 hour ago, ShineShield said:

Hi. I am sure with PoE Octavia will be even more faded away. But still, I'll keep making Octavia songs, cuz those are fun. Have like 5 more songs coming, but ready is only one for now

Speak for yourself, man.  I've been using Octavia almost exclusively on the plains; she is a one woman army :)

17 hours ago, ShineShield said:

Hi. I am sure with PoE Octavia will be even more faded away. But still, I'll keep making Octavia songs, cuz those are fun. Have like 5 more songs coming, but ready is only one for now

I use Octavia in PoE all the time when it comes to fishing, or killing the Grineer. So therefore, this proves that Octavia isn't going to be more faded away.

Edited by iSkeletonzHD

2 hours ago, ShineShield said:

I didn't mean the abilities or the gameplay, I meant mandachord songs... Nevermind.

Well, you can't have abilities or gameplay without TUNES

Spider man (1960's):

Friday the 13th Part II theme:

Vortal Combat (The Orange Box):