Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share your Mandachord songs!

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Bronte said:

It's Raining Men

The original music video for that is hilarious but, tragically, I can't make it work with the Mandachord.

2 hours ago, Bronte said:

Mystery Skulls: Ghost

Mystery Skulls: Freaking Out

Huh, I think I got something at least recognizable.

Mystery Skulls: Ghost (By request):

Spoiler

Mystery Skulls: Freaking Out (By request):

Spoiler

Listen folks, if it's not simple and repetitive to begin with then there's no way it'll translate to Mandachord.  Most orchestral and movie/TV soundtrack music are neither simple nor repetitive, and most video game OSTs are somewhat repetitive but not simple enough.

1 hour ago, alonu726 said:

can anyone make the start of radio gaga by queen?

That starting baseline would be a nightmare for anyone else in your squad, even if I could get it to work.

You did, however, remind me of another Queen song that is a perfect example of both simple and repetitive (other than Another One Bites the Dust):

Under Pressure:

Spoiler

Unfortunately it has to be in G instead of D, so the bass probably won't mesh that well with other Octavias.

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

The original music video for that is hilarious but, tragically, I can't make it work with the Mandachord.

Huh, I think I got something at least recognizable.

Mystery Skulls: Ghost (By request):

Reveal hidden contents

Mystery Skulls: Freaking Out (By request):

Reveal hidden contents

Many thanks, anything on the market you want? I'll gift you a thing or 2.

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Listen folks, if it's not simple and repetitive to begin with then there's no way it'll translate to Mandachord.  Most orchestral and movie/TV soundtrack music are neither simple nor repetitive, and most video game OSTs are somewhat repetitive but not simple enough.

Sadly, people just don't listen. I'm seeing a lot of "please do this for me", without actually reading the advice and considering how feasible it might be.

39 minutes ago, mindlord0013 said:

Sadly, people just don't listen. I'm seeing a lot of "please do this for me", without actually reading the advice and considering how feasible it might be.

Not everyone has a musical ear for what's going to work and what isn't, but that's fine.  I just went on a little rant because I was too lazy to quote about 5 or 6 people and say "Sorry but no."

30 minutes ago, TheMadjackal said:

I fixed by little the What is love version, Im using gamma/druk/delta, the only instrument i bought xD 

Good version but it was a couple note.

What is Love

The feel I'm getting for the Mandachord is that less is more, both musically and for the sake of your squadmates' ears.  But making something your own is the whole point, nice job!

Well first off I have 100% no music talent or skill. This new system, as simple as it is, allows a person to express in a difficult art. I did this all by ear and it took me about two hours to do both tracks. It is super fun to do and adds more flavor to this game. I do hope DE dose more with this. Now I want honest opinions here I am not shaken of criticism. And yes this is something I made up, not some converted music, though I do wanna see some Castlevaina Loops here soon. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLr8lbhS9s

I think I will just use this post to share any new music I make. This one was hard to make, It took about 2 and a half hours to create. I just kept scrapping it, but now I think I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpPutu7_cR4&list=PLLe6iTh2fgtz6cX-kdkoB8RpDs4erAXXj&index=2

Edited by Mythronies

This one is interesting in that it's already in D Minor, and mostly pentatonic.  The problem is the Mandachord can't go below the tonic, which either rules out a ton of songs or requires creative transposition:

Pacific Rim Theme (Kinda), By request:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Rivyn said:

Could something be done with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnlNhqaMerg

From what I'm reading, the theme has to be short and repetitive, so is this feasible enough? I don't yet have the talent to recreate it myself. 

It actually came out okay:

DBZ Vegeta's Theme:

Spoiler

I also made 4 of my own original creations before tackling Smooth Criminal. 
They're embedded behind the spoiler curtains, if you're interested :)

Tribal Rock

Spoiler

Ethereal Beat

Spoiler

Trippin'

Spoiler

Dance Club

Spoiler

Edited by Marrra

I think I've decided that the Druk bass is the only bass I can actually use.  All the other ones have a noticeable delayed attack that makes it hard to actually place them in time.  

Anyway, here's this:

Monody (The Fat Rat) (by request, thanks @--SKZ--Doug-Desu!)

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Marrra said:

I also made 4 of my own original creations before tackling Smooth Criminal. 
They're embedded behind the spoiler curtains, if you're interested :)

Nice!  "Tribal Rock" is my favorite.

3 hours ago, Megajoule said:

I'm going to put my hand up and ask if anyone has, or could, render Keith Power's fantastic/iconic (and official!) Tenno theme, "This is What You Are."

It's already in the right key, but the main theme literally needs every note in the D-Minor scale.

2 hours ago, Nowe999 said:

Someone do this if possible.

Huh, it works but only because I can fit so little of it into 4 measures at 120BPM.

Mega Man 2 theme (by request):

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Megajoule said:

I'm going to put my hand up and ask if anyone has, or could, render Keith Power's fantastic/iconic (and official!) Tenno theme, "This is What You Are."

You want it? I got it!

EDIT: Apparently my operator doesn't have a face...

Edited by mindlord0013