Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does everything from Hollywood sucks? (Also a forum mini-game

Soulphoenix1

Okay. I've been noticing an outcome for months on end, and right now. Here's the facts.

Hollywood is clearly dead, everything I saw beyond that point is horrible shows, crappy cartoons, stupid R-rated movies and even dumber celebrities. I kept wondering, how the heck did they know how to make a better show, but refuse to do it.

I say its because of cheap money and viewers to artificially keep their dying industry afloat. Which is a big issue, but the next factor that prevents Hollywood from attracting its famed young audience is the War on Anime. Created by Hollywood to put up random propaganda to force the audience into watching their popular bad shows that doesn't deserve to be there.

When I looked at anime today. I knew that some are bad, but at least I can randomly laugh at it, not at the faulty cringe-worthy jokes in Family Guy. What Hollywood refuses to know, is that more and more young kids, teens and adults are looking at better shows and anime. And without people watching those cash cows of horrible shows. Hollywood can no longer effectively support themselves through their cheap tactics and will soon begin to respect anime fans and to create good shows and put effort into it.

Why did I say that anime fans are discriminated in entertainment?

Because when Hollywood sees that many people are gravitating towards a better source of quality, it means that we're hurting their cash cows. Hollywood has retaliated and started to make garbage anime/live action adaptations on purpose to give anime a poor reputation, along with hypocritical censorship. Time and time again, they continued to make themselves look like cultural bullies and fools of themselves. 

That's my 5 cents for today. But here's the mini-game. What anime should be on TV other than Toonami or Crunchyroll? 

Well, stuff like family guy isn't made by holywood, and the 'unfunny' things are mostly their kind of humor *shurgs*. They make mostly movies and such.

Now i do agree that most are sht today, it comes down to some factor,

1. Why is it more pushed than anime? Well it's their own national product, ofcourse they want to have it more popular than what other countries made

2. dumb generation - dumb taste - dumb product (yes i'm a part of the generation, most are just that). People make celebs who can't do anything other than flaunt their stuff, dumb trends that somehow became mainstream, etc. It all boils down to resulting the stuff you see, with some hidden gems

3. They tend to go for hype and quantity. Look at how many films are upcoming. And they all take the curent popular genre, super hero films and they failed horribly. (BvS, suicide squad -_-)

4. You see how people always get on the mainstream banwagoon? Yeah, those early teens that does that tend to make these popular. Same reason why music is sht these days (which's why i tend to go to youtube/my own playlist rather than radios)

Why the f am i ranting..

Welp, in my case i watch and listend to everything, from japanese, holywood, to european french and swedish so i don't really focus on just holywood

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem

I dislike hollywood because they are simply lazy.

Very rarely a movie with good, reasonable, believable plot appears. Most of the times the plot is just filled with holes and highly questionable nonsense. All the characters are copies and clones with the same cliche backstory.

The problem with hollywood is that they turned into a cliche of itself. Always the same plot twists, always the same everything. Their action movies are still fun to watch just for action, but they are just very bad at telling stories. Most of the time that is.

Their anime adaptations... I think its simply the same case as video game movies these days. They are made to capitalize on existing fans, so they don't need to put a lot of effort.

Many people also probably go on these adaptations to see if hollywood actually did good for once, only to be dissapointed. But who cares, right? They already paid, even if they didn't get the experience they hoped for.

Honestly i just stay away from hollywood movies in general right now. Video games and cartoons simply do everything better - characters are interesting and better flashed out, stories are deep and interesting. These things stretch how far they can go, while hollywood sits in their comfort zone of brainless movies about brave americans saving the world or something like that.

Think about Ghost in the Shell as a whole. Its a huge freakin' show with dozens of episodes, with deep social, political, philosophical implications in each episode.

And then they try to put all of that into 2 hour action movie.

I think the formula of classical blockbuster movies is simply not working anymore. 2 hours is not enough to tell a good story. Nor to develop a good character. TV shows and videogames are not limited by any of that.

There are exceptions but they are few and are often made by not holly-wood related people or just by very passionate people who actually care what they're making (Deadpoop).

That's how i see it anyway.