Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please! Please can we have Cernos Prime primary fire "1 arrow" alt fire "spread arrow" (like it is currently) PLEASE!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

I second the motion~ The cernos prime is in the akward "unusable" place. It's charge rate is too slow for it to be an upclose "shotgun bow" like ivara, and it's damage is too low for long or medium range. If DE won't at least give us the "single shot" with the option to switch to "multi shot" at the very, VERY, least, either buff it's damage or fire rate by A LOT.

Also DE, in Valkyr preview the cernos prime was throwing single arrows, not fans of them :

and I'm convinced that in berserker mode the stub on valkyr prime tailbone sholud extend in an energy tail...

Edited by Ikusias

3 minutes ago, Callback said:

What if it stayed a spread but used the explosive weapon triangluar firing pattern for it instead of a terrible horizontal line?

How would that work with multi-shot and heavy caliber? Also as long as I can shoot one arrow at a time the "alt shot" can be whatever in my eyes..just saying your idea does sound better than a horizontal spread shot.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

How would that work with multi-shot and heavy caliber? Also as long as I can shoot one arrow at a time the "alt shot" can be whatever in my eyes..just saying your idea does sound better than a horizontal spread shot.

Multishot as normal, just extending the pattern.  Heavy caliber I have no idea how that works on explosives.  I assume each projectile gains some deviation in angle?

If it gets a single arrow then it's just competing with rakta and dread.  I'm ok with a "shotbow," but it needs a reasonable pattern for the spread to be usable. Long horizontal lines don't work for the types of targets we're firing at.

On 4/11/2017 at 3:21 PM, Hixlysss said:

I second the motion~ The cernos prime is in the akward "unusable" place. It's charge rate is too slow for it to be an upclose "shotgun bow" like ivara, and it's damage is too low for long or medium range. If DE won't at least give us the "single shot" with the option to switch to "multi shot" at the very, VERY, least, either buff it's damage or fire rate by A LOT.

Agreed, but hopefully they change it to single fire and alt spread 3 shot soon?!

+1

(tbh It should have been like that from the start...tho i doubt it will happen. I never saw DE change a weapon becouse of posts or angry players. If it means nefr than yes but this would be a nice buff to the weapon... Maybe it's just too much work? Who knows.)

Edited by Askell91

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No one  is angry here boss, We are just a bunch of bow lovers who want to see this sexy piece of artworks' full potential :satisfied:thank you for your feedback..

OR angry players. Please read it properly. 

5 minutes ago, JMP3 said:

Yeah, the Cernos Prime's damage being split over all of its arrows is why I haven't touched it yet.  I've just been sticking with the Dread.

And some are sticking with the Rakta. Its a fantastic opportunity for DE to make a bow unique in the "alt fire department" 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

And some are sticking with the Rakta. Its a fantastic opportunity for DE to make another bow unique in the "alt fire department" 

I agree.  Having a bow with multishot built in can be cool. but the bow has to actually still do damage.  If it's made the alt-fire, then we get the best of both worlds: the better listed stats of the Cernos Prime vs. Rakta Cernos, and the ability to shoot multiple arrows at once when we want to.  Someone else brought up that Valkyr shoots a single arrow from the Cernos Prime in her trailer, so it'd be nice if we could do that as well.

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarzonist said:

Do they even pay attention to these threads? im just wondering if they do and they will consider this cause i really like the looks of cernos prime but i cant stand that it sucks soo muccch

We should keep trying and trying. The thread is a month old. Maybe when it's 3 months old they will take notice..maybe they already have..who knows. But another Dev stream is next Friday..Keep trying there as well

I've been thinking more on this a lot lately. Why not make the Cernos Prime a bit more unique in that a possible Alt-fire could be a quiver-like style with 4 arrow types:

!) Current Horizontal Fan

2) Vertical Fan

3) Explosive Triangular Fan (kind of like the Kulstar) *because really, who the heck uses thunderbolt on a non crossbow type weapon anyways*

4) Single Shot type as seen in the trailer.

Edited by Kalvorax

On 4/18/2017 at 11:33 AM, Kalvorax said:

I've been thinking more on this a lot lately. Why not make the Cernos Prime a bit more unique in that a possible Alt-fire could be a quiver-like style with 4 arrow types:

!) Current Horizontal Fan

2) Vertical Fan

3) Explosive Triangular Fan (kind of like the Kulstar) *because really, who the heck uses thunderbolt on a non crossbow type weapon anyways*

4) Single Shot type as seen in the trailer.

I mean sure, if it will help us get a "one shot mode" ...I'm all for..so cool

21 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Man just use the dread if you want a single shot bow, this is a shotbow, and its the only one so let it be unique, the prime variants are not supposed to automatically be the best variant

It will still be unique with a "single arrow" option. It will still be the only spread shot bow. This change would be a great addition. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

24 minutes ago, TheChaotic1 said:

Man just use the dread if you want a single shot bow, this is a shotbow, and its the only one so let it be unique, the prime variants are not supposed to automatically be the best variant

I mean it would be even more unique if it had it as an alt fire mode the bow sucks split damage on all the arrows if one of those arrows hit one enemy it does almost nothing to it, it really sucks and we wanna see it get either reworked or buffed I for once wanna see a bow that beats the dread and the rakta cernos