Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please! Please can we have Cernos Prime primary fire "1 arrow" alt fire "spread arrow" (like it is currently) PLEASE!

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Still convinced that cernos prime should be reworked as a bow with better raw stats that the rakta cernos and no multishot and that De should bring out a cross bow or arbalest with horizontal spread, maybe also one with vertical spread

On 5/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, Kalvorax said:

and that is how it should be....Cernos P is what..MR 14?

And Rakta is MR12. What's your point?

Cernos Prime doesn't need to be better than the Rakta. It needs to be unique enough to justify its existence along with the other mutalist one, which has its own unique gimmick. All you guys want is just another standard bow. Use the Rakta or the Dread if that's what you want and stop trying to change this one.

12 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

And Rakta is MR12. What's your point?

Cernos Prime doesn't need to be better than the Rakta. It needs to be unique enough to justify its existence along with the other mutalist one, which has its own unique gimmick. All you guys want is just another standard bow. Use the Rakta or the Dread if that's what you want and stop trying to change this one.

But we want the spread shot to be optional. Nothing wrong with that, and my idea won't take away from its uniqueness. It will just make it more popular amongst us bow users.

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

7 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

And that new thing literally made the weapon complete mastery fodder

No, it didn't. It's still a good bow, you just don't like it. It's great for what it's designed to do, and can still deal the highest damage per shot of any bow.

29 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

But we want the spread shot to be optional. Nothing wrong with that, and my idea won't take away from its uniqueness. It will just make it more popular amongst us bow users.

Yes, there is. It would become the highest damage bow without the point blank requirement to use it, and people would likely stop using the bow's spread shot except for rare instances. You're trying to take a niche bow and make it less niche. It's really not that bad at all if you stop trying to use it like a normal bow. I mean hey, the daikyu is actual trash, completely outpaced by the mutalist cernos and/or every other bow, but it has its own little fan club, and has since it's release, so I have no problem with it. 

1 hour ago, Ironlixivium said:

Yes, there is.

No there isn't.

1 hour ago, Ironlixivium said:

would become the highest damage bow without the point blank requirement to use it,

Maybe, but the Rakta still has the highest dps, gives you energy and cuts all the enemies health around you in half. This change would put it in the same league as Dread and Rakta. Because right now it's not even close. And that is not up for debate. 

Also it would be the only bow in the game with a alt fire option. That's still unique. You are grasping at straws here. We are trying to make Cernos P better, not worse. Your arguments really don't make any sense. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

On May 19, 2017 at 5:26 PM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No there isn't.

Maybe, but the Rakta still has the highest dps, gives you energy and cuts all the enemies health around you in half. This change would put it in the same league as Dread and Rakta. Because right now it's not even close. And that is not up for debate. 

Also it would be the only bow in the game with a alt fire option. That's still unique. You are grasping at straws here. We are trying to make Cernos P better, not worse. Your arguments really don't make any sense. 

It actually is up for debate.

a good build makes anything within 50m and lvl 140-ish and below a cakewalk.

my cernos p can slaughter anything at sortie 3 level easily.

tested my same build on rakta and it actually takes longer.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:47 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

On 5/19/2017 at 5:26 PM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No there isn't.

5 hours ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

~snip~

I know what I said, and i stand by it.

there are precise modding requirements for it, but it is possible to not only have a fire rate mod on cernos prime but also make each arrow do more dmg than a single rakta arrow.

again; it is debatable.

i would love a switch fire option from the currrent to single shot.

actually put forma + catalyst in and while the bow is decent, the strange firemechanic holds it back by a lot in a ton of situations.

it kinda becomes more a really really really close range shotgun, but then why use even a bow/shooting weapon. infact why not just meele if i stand 1 meter away from the enemy anyway?

with heavy caliber this gets a bit better, since the spread is more fitting to hit one enemy and take him out or two close together. so you get a bit more range onto it. but here the downsides with the mod itself come into play and it is very random how the arrow spread turns out. to that comes with more range you still get only one arrow hitting out of it if you are lucky. while this makes it more into the "shotgun" style bow, it is so random, that if you are not super opposed to a normal shotgun you can just use these and have a more reliable weapon.

solutions could be:

• add an switch fire to single shot (my prefered)
  • add option to behave like ivaras 4th ability with the rotation on the arrow spread
  • add a switch option for horizontal/vertical arrow spread
  • add some sort of homing mechanism, where the arrows emergy from one points and then fan out and then move in the target again at the aim/hit point. (yes not realistic, but syfy/space game, future. so possible ;) )

please anyone of this to make the bow at least somewhat worth using over meele or anyshot gun and not losing the bow feel.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

there are precise modding requirements for it, but it is possible to not only have a fire rate mod on cernos prime but also make each arrow do more dmg than a single rakta arrow.

again; it is debatable.

Post your build. Because idc if you use a riven, it won't matter on Cernos p,  the Rakta will still completely out damage, out pace and at range is better than cernos prime, Srry it is not debatable. 

Cernos Prime is mastery rank 8 according to the wiki. If that is the case then that's probably why it's not worth using for players at end game. It was desgined from the very start to not be better than the Rakta Cernos.

22 hours ago, MudShadow said:

Cernos Prime is mastery rank 8 according to the wiki. If that is the case then that's probably why it's not worth using for players at end game. It was desgined from the very start to not be better than the Rakta Cernos.

Meh, I find both to be rather situational.  Rakta is excellent for single targets, but that cloud of arrows just mows down tightly packed hordes of Corpus and Infested.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

again; it is debatable.

I'm interested in this..please share this with us.

Edited by helghastgunner
Typo

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Yeah, I've been waiting since May 24th lulz

I haven't shared due to the fact that you've already stated that it's not up for debate. As far as i've been concerned, it'd be a waist of time unless you genuinely wanted to see a legitimately decent build that carries the cernos prime well into end game(sortie level)

1 hour ago, helghastgunner said:

I'm interested in this..please share this with us.

See above.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

again; it is debatable.

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

I haven't shared due to the fact that you've already stated that it's not up for debate. As far as i've been concerned, it'd be a waist of time unless you genuinely wanted to see a legitimately decent build that carries the cernos prime well into end game(sortie level)

See above.

I'm calling u out, on your statement? Show us how u can have a fire rate mod and make Cernos P do more damage per arrow than the Rakta... I'm online right now. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

On 5/21/2017 at 3:47 PM, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

This too..50m aye

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

I'm calling u out, on your statement? Show us how u can have a fire rate mod and make Cernos P do more damage per arrow than the Rakta... 

Fine.

5 forma, no riven for either(those can be a band-aid depending on the scenerio)

first, the basic mods: serration, split chamber. These will carry the brunt of its base damage.

next: point strike, vital sense. Proper 87.5% and 4.4.

now for the elements; infected clip+stormbringer for corrosive. Finally(most important mod for raw damage here) primed cryo.

originally i used heavy cal but primed cryo grants all that in cold dmg without the accuracy loss.

there you go. Seven mods for pure damage, crit and decent status.

since the cernos only splits its total damage/status between its base 3 arrows, this means the two from multishot carry the exact same damage as its parent arrows.

compared to my argon scope/bladed+crit built rakta, this dishes out more raw dmg per arrow due to the elements still applying damage even if it doesn't proc, AND it leaves room for speed trigger. The rakta can get off 2 arrows in the same time it takes this build to draw to full charge then fire, and the rakta is still 3 arrows short of equalling the total damage.

the ONLY problem i run into is enemies that are outside the cernos prime's 50m range.

Its sortie 3 viable, and actually worth something....though it cost a good 5 forma to do it.

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Fine.

5 forma, no riven for either(those can be a band-aid depending on the scenerio)

first, the basic mods: serration, split chamber. These will carry the brunt of its base damage.

next: point strike, vital sense. Proper 87.5% and 4.4.

now for the elements; infected clip+stormbringer for corrosive. Finally(most important mod for raw damage here) primed cryo.

originally i used heavy cal but primed cryo grants all that in cold dmg without the accuracy loss.

there you go. Seven mods for pure damage, crit and decent status.

since the cernos only splits its total damage/status between its base 3 arrows, this means the two from multishot carry the exact same damage as its parent arrows.

compared to my argon scope/bladed+crit built rakta, this dishes out more raw dmg per arrow due to the elements still applying damage even if it doesn't proc, AND it leaves room for speed trigger. The rakta can get off 2 arrows in the same time it takes this build to draw to full charge then fire, and the rakta is still 3 arrows short of equalling the total damage.

the ONLY problem i run into is enemies that are outside the cernos prime's 50m range.

Its sortie 3 viable, and actually worth something....though it cost a good 5 forma to do it.

Probably sortie 3 viable, but you are still dividing about 6000 damage by 5 = around 1200 damage per arrow. And Rakata with the same build does about 4000 damage per arrow.  And with argon scope or critical delay Rakta out right destroys Cernos P. And on top of that Rakta has a 100% viral proc..

With a alt fire 1 shot, Cernos Prime can now compete with dread and rakata. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Probably sortie 3 viable, but you are still dividing about 6000 damage by 5 = around 1200 damage per arrow. And Rakata with the same build does about 4000 damage per arrow.  And with argon scope or critical delay Rakta out right destroys Cernos P. And on top of that Rakta has a 100% viral proc..

With a alt fire 1 shot, Cernos Prime can now compete with dread and rakata. 

Actually, a slight correction: multishot works a tad weirdly with cernos prime. Instead of splitting the damage between 5 arrows, it's splitting the damage between the original 3 then cloning two of them. And for accuracy's sake: the total damage is 8,066 with two 3rds of that being cloned for the multishot arrows. Theoritically i COULD add argon scope over vital sense....but there's no point.

my rakta has roughly 2500 dmg when it doesn't crit(lol) with vital that is multiplied by 5.7(hammershot included here) then doubled for the occasional red.

So unless i did something wrong, the prime(if one takes time to put up with that reload delay) can out perform the rakta by a good margin.

against a 105 CHG, it takes a third of the shots to kill it using the prime over the rakta. This is with the rakta's "incredible" fire rate.

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Orcus Imperium said:

Actually, a slight correction: multishot works a tad weirdly with cernos prime. Instead of splitting the damage between 5 arrows, it's splitting the damage between the original 3 then cloning two of them. And for accuracy's sake: the total damage is 8,066 with two 3rds of that being cloned for the multishot arrows. Theoritically i COULD add argon scope over vital sense....but there's no point.

my rakta has roughly 2500 dmg when it doesn't crit(lol) with vital that is multiplied by 5.7(hammershot included here) then doubled for the occasional red.

So unless i did something wrong, the prime(if one takes time to put up with that reload delay) can out perform the rakta by a good margin.

against a 105 CHG, it takes a third of the shots to kill it using the prime over the rakta. This is with the rakta's "incredible" fire rate.

Even at 8000 total damage output that is still divided into 3 arrows that is around 2600 per arrow....Rakta still does 4000+ damage per arrow, with the same crit chance as Cernos P. 

Just now, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Even at 8000 total damage output that is still divided into 3 arrows that is around 2600 per arrow....Rakta still does 4000+ damage per arrow, with the same crit chance as Cernos P. 

Then i've done something wrong.

the hek is your build on the rakta?