Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 20] Weapon Balance Pass Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DomTheKilleur said:

Anyone got feedback for the Ogris? I wanna know if it's worth building a new one before the update comes on consoles.

A Torid or Mutalist Cernos still does better with a CC status build. Beside that, the charge is better and damage is great with the armor stripping if you have Nightwatch Napalm.

2 minutes ago, AerinSol said:

A Torid or Mutalist Cernos still does better with a CC status build. Beside that, the charge is better and damage is great with the armor stripping if you have Nightwatch Napalm.

Nightwatch napalm is not useless now?

28 minutes ago, Insane-Mana said:

This is a message to DE, if players who read this agree just say so. To the haters out there dont bother with a reply cause we already know you cry's for nerfs and that you are happy.

On topic

Tellos Boltace is now 100% useless

1. No damage
  2. No range
  3. The cooldown is waaaaaaaaaaaaay to high

Even if the range was the same and there was no cooldown, what use is a weapon like that if it does no damage.:angry:

You could have just made the range smaller, or made it so that in order to get the old mechanic only to work when channeling with a high cost. These also would have been nerfs but would not render the weapon completely useless.

I hope you guys can be real about this and revert the changes you have made

Also i am upset because i've spend allot of time getting this weapon, spend allot of time and plat getting the mods for this weapon. Forgive me for saying this but you might aswell have deleted it.

I'll be playing Toukiden 2 when u20 hits consoles. It's been fun, everyone.

See ya around DE. I'll see if the Telos Boltace nerf gets reverted, but honestly, my hopes are pretty low.

Very saddened by this.

So Far I have tried the following weapons

Paracyst - I am really loving the change to this weapon. The increase in Damage the effect change and the  Fx change which makes it look wonderful. Really happy with this change

Ogris - ANother one that I love, The increase in speed makes it worth using now. the AOe damage increase also makes it worth using for missions. Overall very happy with this weapon change

Attica - Another weapon that I love the change to it. Feels much better and not as slow as before.. In fact the increase speed makes it very good.

Buzlok - this weapon still feels very not something i would use.. Even with the change I still do not like how it works.. It just does not do enough damage to make it worth using in any mission.

Telos Boltace

Quick tests reveal the range is a bit low (further testing has shown its not all that bad on range) and the cooldown is kind of high. 2 seconds perhaps?  It should be close inline to how it worked before just not be utterly spammable, especially considering it no longer does damage.

Return the destruction of containers please.  Its a vortex, vortexes pull things, containers are things, pulled containers break apart.

Edit : Shown here the second half of the new mechanic is applying a damage effect it just does zero damage.  Just make it do some damage only to containers.  That'd be great

STFHXAf.jpg?1

That's all for now.
Edited by Xekrin

I find the Telos boltace changes too heavy. Nefing spin to win on this weapon was just, but making it completely useless is not justified. It should scale better with primed reach again and cack open containers. If the shockwave is on cooldown it should at least deal heavier damage to compensate.

58 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Weapon still does damage if you use it properly.

They just removed the ability to spam spin attacks for ridiculous bleed damage.

While it was an interesting effect it was far too easily abused, especially with the bleed damage proc mod.

easily abused? Lets see

Maiming strike 500p

Primed reach 150p

primed pressure point 300p

Berserker

Now im not saying thats all wasted money, they still can be used for other weapons. My point is that not every player is a veteran playing 3 years etc and we dont all have all the mods in the game for free.

Tried out the mutalist quanta and...I don't get it. When the orbs combine, they fly all over the place. Once the stacks have been maxed, there doesn't seem to be any way to move the orb into a more advantageous position. And I don't really notice any benefit from shooting through the orbs (there seems to be something about this in the patch notes, so I'll try it again in a bit).

1 hour ago, Insane-Mana said:

easily abused? Lets see

Maiming strike 500p Not required

Primed reach 150p Reach

primed pressure point 300p Pressure Point

Berserker Fury

Now im not saying thats all wasted money, they still can be used for other weapons. My point is that not every player is a veteran playing 3 years etc and we dont all have all the mods in the game for free

Blood Rush - 50p, or Lua Spy Mission

Body Count  - 25p

Relentless Combination - 15p or Normal Drop

Bleeds tick combo meter which ticks critical chance up. Resulting in people doing nothing but spamming slide attacks to stack ridiculous amounts of bleed damage.

New mechanic is actually nice as it doesn't devolve the game into control +forward + melee to win. Cooldown encourages people to engage in other forms of melee combat besides slide attacks.

Edited by Rakawan
Body count does not drop from Lua Spy

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Body Count  - 25p or Lua Spy Mission

Bleeds tick combo meter which ticks critical chance up. Resulting in people doing nothing but spamming slide attacks to stack ridiculous amounts of bleed damage.

New mechanic is actually nice as it doesn't devolve the game into control +forward + melee to win. Cooldown encourages people to engage in other forms of melee combat besides slide attacks. 

Body Count doesn't drop in Lua Spy, it's exclusive to the Shadow Debt event.

1 hour ago, Ennolf said:

It's been tested that the combo does not affect the old Telos Boltace. You can not get more damage from stacking up combo counts and it's completely unaffected by that. 

However with blood rush it does affect critical chance like Maiming Strike would. 

Although the point is moot, seeing as the bleed procs can stack and do large amounts of damage.

Edited by Rakawan

7 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

Body Count  - 25p

You are clearly right and all knowing. All hail Rakawan. World would be a better place if we where all just like you!

@Rakawan I have not been hitting red crits when I tried that for myself. Do you have proofs of infinite red crits on a build like that? I'd love to see it. There haven't been infinite scaling crits on that unless you got into actual melee range with the Telos Boltace for the low chance of proccing bleed when puncture is the main damage on that.

Edit : Most people focused on the AoE and not actually getting in real close. If getting that close was the case then the atterax would be much superior.

Edited by Ennolf

1 hour ago, Ennolf said:

@Rakawan I have not been hitting red crits when I tried that for myself. Do you have proofs of infinite red crits on a build like that? I'd love to see it. There haven't been infinite scaling crits on that unless you got into actual melee range with the Telos Boltace for the low chance of proccing bleed when puncture is the main damage on that.

The old mechanic release a wave that could proc bleed damage. 

Which was also odd for a weapon with puncture.

I have no self-provided evidence because I did not use that build. I used Telos Boltace as a Kronen and relied on combos, not stacking bleed.

However I know enough about mechanics to understand that blood rush causes combo to effect critical chance and relentless combination causes increase in counter.

Regardless the weapons main strength was in stacking bleed procs. For a puncture weapon the current mechanic is still odd, but at least encourages doing other things, isntead of spamming spin attacks.