The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe became a childish space comic game?

K0bra

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

So... surely the levels that are currently in the game and in the recent trailers fits that? It's not overdone, but it's still present. The amount of gore is exactly what is needed.

I do wonder why you want there to be more gore, other than for its own sake.

Like i said to me it's just a tad bit lower than what i'd want from WF, but i have a feeling the amount of 'acceptable gore' varies from person to person. One thing im sure of, the blood and gore really adds its own flavor to warframe, i can't really imagine the game without it.

18 minutes ago, Corvid said:

No, because it served a clear purpose: to show the consequence of failing. It wasn't drawn out, nor was any particular attention brought to it.

Excactly, which shows you can implement these scenes without necessarily having to focus on shock value. It wouldn't hurt to put these kind of things on the game ...every now and then for those of us who appreciate more 'dark and gritty'. As long as they serve a purpose other than shock.

1 hour ago, WhiteVox said:

Desensitized to a video game world? Maybe. Desensitized to the real world? No. But hey, at least i know where to draw the line.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? A video game world can't have tragedy? You do know you're totally contradicting yourself, right? You want the game to be dark and yet you don't want to be reminded of how dark the real world can get?

12 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

What exactly is that supposed to mean? A video game world can't have tragedy? You do know you're totally contradicting yourself, right? You want the game to be dark and yet you don't want to be reminded of how dark the real world can get?

Simply put: Just because i don't sympathize with some imaginary videogame characters doesn't mean im 'desensitized' to the real world. Honestly, where did you pull that from.

9 minutes ago, WhiteVox said:

Simply put: Just because i don't sympathize with some imaginary videogame characters doesn't mean im 'desensitized' to the real world. Honestly, where did you pull that from.

You're the one who said it, not I. You want a "dark and depressing" atmosphere and yet when someone explains to you in detail why the game still has a "dark and depressing" atmosphere, you just brush it off and say "Nah death, dismemberment, and tragedies that can and have happened in the real world aren't dark and depressing at all because I don't sympathize with imaginary videogame characters". See how that doesn't make sense?

Edited by SoulEchelon

1 minute ago, SoulEchelon said:

You're the one who said it, not I. You want a "dark and depressing" atmosphere and yet when someone explains to you in detail why the game still has a "dark and depressing' atmosphere, you just brush it off and say "Nah death, dismemberment, and tragedies that can and have happened in the real world aren't dark and depressing at all because I don't sympathize with imaginary videogame characters". See how that doesn't make sense?

And that's what i meant by "drawing a line" between fiction and reality. I don't compare games to real life since we're already 'escaping' from real life by playing these games.

Sure there are a lot of similar things happening IRL but finding loose similarities and comparing them to videogames is quite absurd if you ask me. Fiction should stay Fiction.

Just now, WhiteVox said:

And that's what i meant by "drawing a line" between fiction and reality. I don't compare games to real life since we're already 'escaping' from real life by playing these games.

Sure there are a lot of similar things happening IRL but finding loose similarities and comparing them to videogames is quite absurd if you ask me. Fiction should stay Fiction.

So how can you have a dark fictional world when nothing dark happens in it? What exactly do you want?

On 3/24/2017 at 7:16 PM, ViolentDuck said:

What you have is not a critique, but an opinion..
Not a good one either, but hey everyone is entitled to an opinion!

Opinions can't really be good or bad... And this is more like an observation with an opinion tacked on...

Just now, WhiteVox said:

Dark things in videogames are fine, just don't go comparing everything to RL.

No one's comparing videogames with RL.  If we're going to make a "dark and depressing" world, that world needs to have conflicts that are based on real world conflicts. THAT is what I'm trying to tell you. Now you tell me - where in ANY of my posts did I COMPARE a real world event with events in Warframe? I pointed out "dark and depressing" events ingame. That's all. Then you went off on this weird tangent about saying none of that matters because it's a video game world.

3 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Now you tell me - where in ANY of my posts did I COMPARE a real world event with events in Warframe?

39 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

you just brush it off and say "Nah death, dismemberment, and tragedies that can and have happened in the real world aren't dark and depressing at all

^This, basically, where you started putting words in my mouth...

6 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

If we're going to make a "dark and depressing" world, that world needs to have conflicts that are based on real world conflicts.

And why would we NEED to base them on real world conflicts specifically?

8 minutes ago, WhiteVox said:

^This, basically, where you started putting words in my mouth...

And why would we NEED to base them on real world conflicts specifically?

I simply summarized all of what you've said so far. You want dark and depressing, but feel a fictional world's dark and depressing events can't be associated with because they're fictional. You're catch-22'ing yourself.

And what conflicts would you have then? If we can't have any real world conflicts as a basis? And by "real world conflicts" I mean generalized conflicts. Like natural disasters, man-made disasters, violence, depravity, and so on. Come on. Tell me. What conflict would you have in Warframe?

Edited by SoulEchelon

On 03/24/2017 at 6:59 PM, K0bra said:

Hello.....

I know its critique but it deserve it.I still love the game just saying.

Whats up with warframe?Back in the days it was a dark grim universe with space ninjas.Had a similar atmosphere like the old Quake series.Very nice.

Now everything is shiny,bright and has absolutely nothing to do with ninjas anymore.Where is this universe gone?

Why the original concept changed so much?

My english is not so good but this 2 videos explain all...

Back in the days :

Now :

Am i the only one who sees it and not really like it? Octavia is the new cherry on the cake in that direction...Its like making Quake to a game with Flowers and puffy wuffy Power Puff girls and rainbow unicorns.

Soon rated 6+ for small child

It would be so nice when we could see more darker themed warframes in the future that fits more the original concept of warframe.

Just 2 cents...

I will never understand this "nothing to do with ninja" thing. Not only do they incorperate elements of modern fantasy ninja stuff. Tenno engage in sabotage, guerilla warfare, assassinations. All while being as violent as possible. That's a double dose of ninja.

As for darker themed. Nidus and most prime trailers. These things stick to your idea of "original concept". But no, a new frame came out And it has bright colors. So we'll just forget the violent berserker and the Flood in warframe form stuff.

Try looking beyond the color pallete. The idea of someone dancing on the corpses of thier enemies is frankly a very dark thing. Like Joker beating Robin to death with a crowbar dark.

6 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

You want dark and depressing, but feel a *REAL world's events can't be associated with because we're *thousands of years in the future and in f******g space (fiction).

^WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID

12 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

And what conflicts would you have then? If we can't have any real world conflicts as a basis? And by "real world conflicts" I mean generalized conflicts. Like natural disasters, man-made disasters, violence, depravity, and so on. Come on. Tell me. What conflict would you have in Warframe?

You would call one guy exterminating hundreds of thousands of cloned soldier by himself a real world conflict? Nice world you live in.

2 minutes ago, WhiteVox said:

^WHAT I ACTUALLY SAID

You would call one guy exterminating hundreds of thousands of cloned soldier by himself a real world conflict? Nice world you live in.

Good job sidestepping the question. You don't have a rebuttal do you?

Waste of time.

Hummm I will give my opinion, if you don't mind.

I love warframe exactly for the fact it is not trying to be super edgy and obscure.
The main core of the entire lore is about war, destruction, spilling blood and a very saturated past that makes the operators feel troubled about many stuff.
I don't feel like warframe grim or serious qualities have fallen down, and I still stop to think sometimes how dark stuff can be.

HOWEVER, I'd be dead tired if that was all about it.

Games that stay only on this kind of athmosphere and forget that each individual has its own personality can get pretty boring.

The Tenno is a new race - no two tennos will think exactly alike. Some will be more fixated on the idea of blood and murder, some have a difficulty moving past their new reality, others seek solace on new hopes.
Different waframes play different parts on different tenno. 

Nonetheless, as everything in reality - there will be serious moments. There will be sad moments. There will be fun moments.

And I love the fact that DE still allow the Tenno to be able to have a more lifting and upbeat side. :D
The jokes that the community do are the same that sometimes make it into the game.
Perhaps the same perceptions we have about the reality of the game are also the ones those races perceive in there too.

Thus why things transform and adapt. 

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Hummm I will give my opinion, if you don't mind.

I love warframe exactly for the fact it is not trying to be super edgy and obscure.
The main core of the entire lore is about war, destruction, spilling blood and a very saturated past that makes the operators feel troubled about many stuff.
I don't feel like warframe grim or serious qualities have fallen down, and I still stop to think sometimes how dark stuff can be.

HOWEVER, I'd be dead tired if that was all about it.

Games that stay only on this kind of athmosphere and forget that each individual has its own personality can get pretty boring.

The Tenno is a new race - no two tennos will think exactly alike. Some will be more fixated on the idea of blood and murder, some have a difficulty moving past their new reality, others seek solace on new hopes.
Different waframes play different parts on different tenno. 

Nonetheless, as everything in reality - there will be serious moments. There will be sad moments. There will be fun moments.

And I love the fact that DE still allow the Tenno to be able to have a more lifting and upbeat side. :D
The jokes that the community do are the same that sometimes make it into the game.
Perhaps the same perceptions we have about the reality of the game are also the ones those races perceive in there too.

Thus why things transform and adapt. 

Well said.

Just now, WhiteVox said:

It's called a counterquestion.

But good job ignoring a valid point...and ignoring my other comment.

I didn't ignore anything. You gave me a "counterquestion", which, by its own definition, is a tactic used to DISTRACT from giving an answer.

You officially showed how worthless this conversation was by trying such a childish tactic. Sit down. You're done.

1 minute ago, SoulEchelon said:

I didn't ignore anything. You gave me a "counterquestion", which, by its own definition, is a tactic used to DISTRACT from giving an answer.

You officially showed how worthless this conversation was by trying such a childish tactic. Sit down. You're done.

Honestly if i were to answer that then we'd be right back at comparing real and fictional problems hence why i avoided it.

Better comparisons

Then:

Now:

Then:

Now:

And that's not even accounting for the actual prime trailers or the story tones some of the "wackier" stuff has. Crazy design for your manslayer frame of choice doesn't really stop Warframe from being dark in tone. Even some of the light-hearted moment in the game, like Baro; come with tragic baggage.

Edited by (PS4)Lowk721

The game itself is dark, not edgy, dark. We see how war can ruin the lives of people who has nothing to do there (Baro's backstory and the Myconians). And no, blood and gore do not make a game dark if it is not used correctly, and I think Warframe is using it correctly.

I feel like I am in correct thread, because I am just back after a break, well... in fact I had many breaks from this game.

My first advanture with Warframe was near the release date, good old times when Frost was superior WF due to how he was important in defense mode, and how hard he was to get. I would go back in time for this, but on the other side I would definatelly not go back to this game after any of my breaks if DE did not change the content.

You see, Warframe content is very dynamic, and it's two-sided blade, because there is no way you will like every change made by DE, and their plat-politic is their own buisness that is supposed to serve them, not you.

Accept these things to live in peace with yourself, and start enjoying the game.

Since the "game" word has been "invented", it was supposed to bring fun. If you don't have the fun from game, why would you even play?

Also trust me, the changes they made since my last play are outstanding. First good example are survival missions - in the past you had to look for spawn points, now you just don't need that because no matter how splitted your team is, everybody have something to slash on all the time.

Edited by EmbedFire

On March 25, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Gelkor said:

Right, because we didn't at all just have a valkyr prime trailer where dudes where ripped to shreds. Nope, didn't happen. This game is turning into rainbows and kittens.

It does have rainbows (Mirage) and kittens (Kavats and Gersemi/Valkyr).

DE has adopted a modern superhero mythos...

You can create almost ANYTHING now if you simply factor in the qualifying prepositional phrase at the end:

"of death"

Try it.  Hilarious!