Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Criticism of the Nullifier Change

JustaBucket

At first when I read the changes for the nullifier, I was very excited, because I love using sniper rifles. Unfortunately, I have done a little testing, and discovered one very crucial bit about the nullifier's drone that makes this change mean much less than it should have. The drone is an object, and therefore cannot be crit. When enemies start getting above level 50, it starts taking multiple shots to destroy this little drone. Very quickly after that point, it starts becoming more effective to just shoot down the bubble normally than bother with the drone at all, because you'll fire more shots into the drone than you would into the bubble. A lot of the slow rate of fire weapons that this change was supposed to benefit are not gaining any real benefit because most of them rely on crits for their damage. 

I would say an easy solution would be to allow it to be crit, and then raise its health up a small amount to compensate. 

Hmmm - as we were building this for release we actually included an override that allowed for Nullifier Caps to be hit with Crits. It looks like something has gone wrong. I do believe the intent is that they *are* vulnerable to Crits! Stay tuned for a Hotfix!

Just now, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hmmm - as we were building this for release we actually included an override that allowed for Nullifier Caps to be hit with Crits. It looks like something has gone wrong. I do believe the intent is that they *are* vulnerable to Crits! Stay tuned for a Hotfix!

My Vectis Prime appreciates this. 

Another small issue that I see with the drone is its placement on the bubble. Since the drone doesn't sit at the pole of the bubble, but along the surface toward the direction that the Nullifier is facing, it becomes difficult or even impossible to hit the drone unless the Nullifier is looking directly, or nearly directly, at you. If you're behind him at all, there's basically no chance that you're going to hit the drone. That may be intended, but I think it somewhat circumvents what I thought was the intention of this change.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

BASED GOD HAS SPOKEN! LET IT BE SO!

1 hour ago, Calvyr said:

Another small issue that I see with the drone is its placement on the bubble. Since the drone doesn't sit at the pole of the bubble, but along the surface toward the direction that the Nullifier is facing, it becomes difficult or even impossible to hit the drone unless the Nullifier is looking directly, or nearly directly, at you. If you're behind him at all, there's basically no chance that you're going to hit the drone. That may be intended, but I think it somewhat circumvents what I thought was the intention of this change.

I've noticed this too, and after one mission with nullifiers involves have become very irritated by it. It also results in them sometimes jamming the drone into a wall when they hide behind a corner for cover. I've also been noticing times where my shots seem to just pass entirely through the drone and hit the bubble instead. I was using the Lanka, so I suspect punch through might be to blame.

Nullifiers are a poorly executed Difficulty Modifier. They come in herds, spawn in each other's bubbles, and appear to just be a giant OFF SWITCH for all Tenno abilities. If they appeared less frequently and in less than full squads or platoons, then fine. Otherwise, they are just DE's way of saying that we are all so overpowered that we need to be turned Off. They, and all Eximus units are deployed in ever increasing numbers in a way that defy logic. You don't see Unlimited numbers of Tanks or Heavy units on a battlefield, but even the earliest level Survival missions like Appolodorus, intended for New Players are at 15 minutes, ALL Exmus units. That's a great shame as it overwhelms these new players and discourages them. A few is fine, a Mass of them is in my opinion....Broken.

How about changing Corrupted Nullifier's Lanka damage back to Electric?

Puncture punishes armor based damage reduction far too much from that weapon and making it Electric gives value to that resist mod no one uses.

If you've ever tried Chroma on MoT, you'll know what I'm talking about.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:15 PM, JustaBucket said:

I've noticed this too, and after one mission with nullifiers involves have become very irritated by it. It also results in them sometimes jamming the drone into a wall when they hide behind a corner for cover. I've also been noticing times where my shots seem to just pass entirely through the drone and hit the bubble instead. I was using the Lanka, so I suspect punch through might be to blame.

Also it seems it blend in with the corrupted nullifier gold bubble. That's where I  mostly ran into trouble. 

34 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Also it seems it blend in with the corrupted nullifier gold bubble. That's where I  mostly ran into trouble. 

I guess I haven't been doing too many missions with corrupted nullifiers, so I haven't had much trouble with that one. Most of my trouble has been with the hitbox of the drone and the nullifiers occasionally jamming it inside of a wall. Also, them turning and walking away from me, making it completely impossible to shoot the drone.

Just now, JustaBucket said:

I guess I haven't been doing too many missions with corrupted nullifiers, so I haven't had much trouble with that one. Most of my trouble has been with the hitbox of the drone and the nullifiers occasionally jamming it inside of a wall. Also, them turning and walking away from me, making it completely impossible to shoot the drone.

The drone could be a bit more centered.