The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura = Poor Dev Move. [Screenshot Added]

SoggyCow

So.. You're telling me that to make my warframe complete again... I have to use TWO more FORMAS???????

I ALREADY USED 6~!

Please go back to the old card system or SOMETHING, this was a horrible.. terrible, aweful design FLAW - bad idea.

:(

ps. admins changed my name 3rd time again, i'd like my 200 platinum back and my original name.

EDIT: aside from this topic, heres my "Mod Linking" idea

image.jpg

Edited by JCsuperstar

I severely dislike that it costs energy. Yes, you can upgrade the mod, but it's rather intrusive to force the player to think outside of perfecting his mods. 

Note that Saryn has a defensive slot...When she NEEDS energy siphon.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

So what's even the point of "artifacts" anymore if they're now just glorfied mods? I mean I rather liked the idea of making them levelable and such, and I understand that that's going to have to have some sort of downside to balance it, but taking up points for mods that we already don't have enough of as it is seems a bit... thoughtless. This might have been the "simple" way to work a cost for being able to level them in, but I don't think it was a GOOD idea by any means at the moment. Sorry Devs.

Edited by Jeahanne

I severely dislike that it costs energy. Yes, you can upgrade the mod, but it's rather intrusive to force the player to think outside of perfecting his mods. 

Note that Saryn has a defensive slot...When she NEEDS energy siphon.

Also : Notice the mods at level 0 are severely nerfed from the old artifacts.

You want the old artifact potency back? max the aura.

Yep a total crap move.  Take away a feature of the game to add that feature into the mod system so it is a non unique feature anymore and just another slot, not even a slot we can put what we want into it.  A forced slot for these artifacts which had barely any use before being moved into the mod system.

Now those are just more mods taking up space in the horrible mod ui.

Dull move by DE, taking that play from Sony's playbook like planetside 2, balance all things into mediocrity.

Edited by Nickeltoe

This is the biggest part of the patch majority of us hates, and I agree. It uses our mod slots, the only good polarity is the - sign one and most good frames don't have - by default, and it forces us to use forma if we love that SPECIFIC warframe without the - slot

Also : Notice the mods at level 0 are severely nerfed from the old artifacts.

You want the old artifact potency back? max the aura.

I checked the aura mods further.

Regen/siphon seem to have been nerfed to get back to old potency (+0.1) at max.

Amps seem to be... much better, rifle amp offers +30% 45% rifle damage at max level, do want.

Melee one sits at a whooping +18%, pretty good aswell.

The ammo ones... not sure if anyone uses them, but basically +150% iirc.

Edited by SetAbominae

Every frame (and every player) was effectively nerfed with this new system. Previously the artifact card provided a free effect, now to get the exact same functionality subtracts from available mod points. Not cool at all.

What they should do is increase every frame's mod points to a +5, so a unpotato'd level 30 frame would have 35 modpoints and a potatoed level 30 frame would have 70 points. That way we could at least equip an un-leveled aura. Right now I can't even equip any aura because I have no unused mod points.

Either that or give Auras their own point-pool that doesn't interfere with actual mods. They should be separate.

Regen/siphon seem to have been nerfed to get back to old potency (+0.1) at max.

Amps seem to be... much better, rifle amp offers +30% 45% rifle damage at max level, do want.

Melee one sits at a whooping +18%, pretty good aswell.

The ammo ones... not sure if anyone uses them, but basically +150% iirc.

Amidst all the complaints, I want to say that this part of the change seems very good to me.

Of course, with the polarity system, you would need to commit to one or the other and forma that way .. hurm .. or forma enough other slots to free up the space anyway. Anyway, me point is polaritied auras = bad, nerfed siphon and buffed damage auras = good.

Amidst all the complaints, I want to say that this part of the change seems very good to me.

Of course, with the polarity system, you would need to commit to one or the other and forma that way .. hurm .. or forma enough other slots to free up the space anyway. Anyway, me point is polaritied auras = bad, nerfed siphon and buffed damage auras = good.

I can see potential in this system, but it needs a ton of work. Not well thought out at all.

Every frame (and every player) was effectively nerfed with this new system. Previously the artifact card provided a free effect, now to get the exact same functionality subtracts from available mod points. Not cool at all.

What they should do is increase every frame's mod points to a +5, so a unpotato'd level 30 frame would have 35 modpoints and a potatoed level 30 frame would have 70 points. That way we could at least equip an un-leveled aura. Right now I can't even equip any aura because I have no unused mod points.

Either that or give Auras their own point-pool that doesn't interfere with actual mods. They should be separate.

Why not just raise the 'level cap' to 35 or 40?

Edited by Eulo

Still doesn't change the fact that everyone now has to find some way to get more points to throw into their frames to accomodate their old artifacts (which used to cost nothing), which will likely take a LOT of forma. This is especially true because the new slots for Auras can come pre-polarized, and might need changed in order to even viably accomodate the Aura you want (I think this is especially stupid, why make it pre-polarized and not non-polarized, which would be by far more versitile? It makes no sense to me).

This also makes Forma essentially mandatory for all players who want a fully built frame (even if some people would argue that it was already this way before, it was still an option to have a decent frame without Forma-ing it), which is annoying since you have to then re-rank it multiple times AND YOU DON'T EVEN GET TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR IT. There really is very little upside to this except that now some fully ranked Auras are better than the old Artifacts. I'm not sure this offbalances the the annoyance of being required to rerank a frame over, and over, and over again. (Not to mention refarming the materials for the Forma, and the Forma blueprints, over and over and over again as well. which is now factors of ten harder as well.)

On top of that pay-to-win players get a significant advantage because they have more access to Forma (and now even materials, talk about another bad idea) than anyone else. Meaning that the game is now heavily weighted towards cash-shopping. Pay-to-win is something I heavily despise, and having it forced upon me is something I despise even more.

How did anyone think this  was a good idea aside from as a cash-shop money making scheme and player time-sink?

I feel the choice was Either

A: Give Artifacts it's own equip page with two or three slots -don't know how you'd level the MP for it-

or

B: Chunk Artifacts in the Frame pool which is already pretty much crowded and add a new slot.

A was probably not picked cause you'd have people with maxed ES and REV running around making them nearly unkillable skill spamming machines. IE it give players too much of a power boost.

B was most likely chosen cause it would decrease player power and make the Enemy buffs -Really 115 Vor on mercury... thanks for ruining my low leveling/farming spot!- more striking.

The way I see it, you could polarize all your frame slots and remove the polarity on the aura slot (can you do that?)

So, theoretically, you'd have spare points to use any aura you want, and woudn't have any penalty (nor bonus) to using either, mod points wise.

Edit : Tried to polarize; the polarize UI is a mess, I have no idea which slot is which.

Edited by SetAbominae

I think some Aura mod (Scavenger) should have "NO" polarity or have no effect on Penalties since those mods are "Weapon" specific and not much of a warframe type of mods.

Plus, this kinda limits what aura you can use and often time you have to stick to the same polarity type or otherwise, Forma....

Unfortunately i have to Forma most of my favorite frames due to their default polarity (Mostly being defensive aura) , i rather have them with no polarity to start off with. 

The way I see it, you could polarize all your frame slots and remove the polarity on the aura slot (can you do that?)

So, theoretically, you'd have spare points to use any aura you want, and woudn't have any penalty (nor bonus) to using either, mod points wise.

Edit : Tried to polarize; the polarize UI is a mess, I have no idea which slot is which.

If you really wanted to maximize one frame, and retain the ability to switch between, say, siphon and rifle amp, this would probably be the way to go.

If you really wanted to maximize one frame, and retain the ability to switch between, say, siphon and rifle amp, this would probably be the way to go.

ya im like 'wtf' can no longer switch powers anymore..  back to the drawingboard DE