The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura = Poor Dev Move. [Screenshot Added]

SoggyCow

Also : Notice the mods at level 0 are severely nerfed from the old artifacts.

You want the old artifact potency back? max the aura.

It depends on the Aura, rifle amp and the ammo pickups, infested inmpedance, the shield reduction armor reduction, all greatly benefit from this. my Rifle amp is not maxxed and its already at +30% (old artifact version was 10%)  my minus armor is at -20% armor. Useful on grinner and ancients. However energy siphon was said BY A DEV in the the 2nd last livestream that at max it would be "alot better than the current energy siphon artifact" However, if that 0.5 is 0.5 energy per second, then its not better, because that would match the 1 energy every 2s base of the old one.

Energy Siphon got nerfed, also, why does the energy siphon picture have VOLT on it when VOLT doesnt even have the same polarity to use it? this is pretty bad.  UI is confusing - cant find anything cause its all over the place..  AURA just needs to be removed, or remove the polarities and dramatically lower the point cost on them.. sweet jesus

Although I understand peoples' frustrations.  It seems they want (not only to sell more forma) players to work hard to max out their 'favorite' frame to get that perfect balance.  However seeing the OP requiring to forma every slot looks like there is a TON of work ahead.  Would really suck if you did all that to get your perfectly modded/aura Frame and then they nerf is or release a prime version!

Why didn't they implement an extra page for artefacts...

You choose one you want to equip. And it gains experience and levels up upon using.

If you stop using it or switch, it loses exp slowly.

You could still make it a frame "slot" and unique to every warframe you have. But with the above system!

Edited by zuggaperle

You arent seeing the bigger picture.
This mod system supports a "load out" archetype much better,
The crappy artifacts have been buffed and the best artifacts (notice are now uncommons) are nerfed and dont work everywhere.
Have you wondered if maybe this is to increase diversity? Maybe make players think more about what their entire loadout as a whole is trying to do?

Get a feel for the play style before you judge it.

And to the argument that they dont fit,
Of course they dont, you have maxed all your other mods as much as you can to fit that many mods, you werent counting on another one.
Starting a loadout from fresh with this system will feel much more balanced.
Just calm down a bit, yeah?

Keeping tabs on all feedback threads about this new system.

This would actually be good.. but only if it didnt impact the warframes, people switch cards around as much as it is, for people who have/use 9+ warframes like myself, the AURA system impacting my frames is a head ache.. ill need to use 9 FORMAs on all 9 warframe's AURA slots. This is a nightmare.

You folks are full of creative people, go think up something that would impact individual warframes less or maybe have AURA branch into another type of leveling system? 

You have to keep in mind, you gave us the Auras for free for months in the form of artifacts. So making them into mods comes off as a huge nerf, especially since we all intentionally didn't do the duplicate alerts to rank them up quickly. So this isn't being well received, but it's understandable why that is. Especially with making us polarize, when we'll still only use energy syphon.

ya this change is the worst. I didn't mind the old system but this one is just terrible. It forces you to hurt your warframe just to put the artifact in...

Well put.

Also this adds additional artificial play time to even use this proberly without gimping your frame (forma it, level again etc.)

I really hate the fact that artifacts now waste energy, what's even worse is that you have to waste a forma to do it properly... If it was up to me, I'd increase the energy by 10 and remove the polarisation option from the aura mod slots. Making things incredibly inconvenient so that people will pay money to get around it isn't a good system...

I wouldn't have so much of an issue with this if the implementation had been better, or at least if it had been done with the understanding that some people had their frames "maximized."

The other issue I have is the overall breakdown of auras.

V-auras (2): Rifle Amp, Steel Charge.

"D"-auras (3): Rejuvenation, Physique, Infested Impedance.

Bar-auras (8): Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar, Energy Siphon, Shield Disruption and all the Scavengers.

Seriously, why would you break it down like this?  Is the intention to create more to match later?  Why not balance things out among the varying polarities?  Or, which has been stated, make some of these un-polarized.  The Scavengers didn't really need polarization.

Edited by Damaratus

the polarities on them are awful and frames are already crowded in terms of mod points, open slots, and the large number of options you have for frame mods. it's a scheme to get us to buy forma, but even with a bunch of that you're still crowded

oughta just make them cost no energy but still cost money/mods to upgrade, but that won't get us to buy forma

Edited by bro-dog

What about this concept..

I like to use Rifle Amp on BOSS missions, but then on other defense missions, i like to use Energy Siphon.. two different polarities.

D.E. should remove the polarities, then, make all the point-cost on the AURA mods cut in half 50%.

-SOLVED!

What about this concept..

I like to use Rifle Amp on BOSS missions, but then on other defense missions, i like to use Energy Siphon.. two different polarities.

D.E. should remove the polarities, then, make all the point-cost on the AURA mods cut in half 50%.

-SOLVED!

Not solved. It's still taking points away from your other mods. It's still a direct nerf.

The aura system is terrible and I cringed when they talked about it a few live streams ago. When the guy with the beard said they would cost energy and Scott was like, it's still being worked on and you could tell he didn't agree with the other guy.

It's bad and the people at DE should feel bad for adding it into the game. It's worse than when they converted the old mods to the new system by far.

Edited by f3llyn