The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura = Poor Dev Move. [Screenshot Added]

SoggyCow

You arent seeing the bigger picture.

This mod system supports a "load out" archetype much better,

The crappy artifacts have been buffed and the best artifacts (notice are now uncommons) are nerfed and dont work everywhere.

Have you wondered if maybe this is to increase diversity? Maybe make players think more about what their entire loadout as a whole is trying to do?

Get a feel for the play style before you judge it.

And to the argument that they dont fit,

Of course they dont, you have maxed all your other mods as much as you can to fit that many mods, you werent counting on another one.

Starting a loadout from fresh with this system will feel much more balanced.

Just calm down a bit, yeah?

You just don't see the scope of things do you ?

I have.

Excal

Excal Prime

Rhino

Loki

Ember

Trinity

Banshee

Ash

Mag

Volt

Saryn

That is 11 frames.

I have to forma AND potato ALL of them just to use 1 Enemy Radar ?

No this can't be right.

Also I am now not able to view what mods my team mates are using.

While it's fine being in a clan, it's NOT fine for a PUG setting.

Just revert the artifact system and keep the colorful artwork.

That will help us a lot.

Edited by fatpig84

That will help us a lot.

Or keep the current system, remove the energy cost completely {just like the old artifacts} and add an indicator in the lobby screen of who's using which aura mod {just like the old artifacts}

PS: I really hated the trivial "card selection screen" with the old artifacts.

ya this change is the worst. I didn't mind the old system but this one is just terrible. It forces you to hurt your warframe just to put the artifact in...

Exactly no matter what, even if u forma 50 times the artifact still requires extra mod points that will take away from something else

Or keep the current system, remove the energy cost completely {just like the old artifacts} and add an indicator in the lobby screen of who's using which aura mod {just like the old artifacts}

PS: I really hated the trivial "card selection screen" with the old artifacts.

That is still one less slot I can squeeze on my Warframe.

I prefer not to lose that slot because all Forma frames are already min-maxed to hell. 

Ember for example already needs Focus, Continuity, Flow and Streamline.

Then add a Redirection. Then Overheat and WOF and....

See the problem ?

Edited by fatpig84

That is still one less slot I can squeeze on my Warframe.

I prefer not to lose that slot because all Forma frames are already min-maxed to hell. 

Ember for example already needs Focus, Continuity, Focus and Streamline.

Then add a Redirection. Then Overheat and WOF and....

See the problem ?

But if you completely remove the energy cost, forma becomes irrelevant then, you'll be able to use it like the old artifacts, so no need to polarise it. Only downside is that it's not quite universal and you have to equip/unequip it everytime you change a warframe. A minor inconvenience at best.

You just don't see the scope of things do you ?

I have.

Excal

Excal Prime

Rhino

Loki

Ember

Trinity

Banshee

Ash

Mag

Volt

Saryn

That is 11 frames.

I have to forma AND potato ALL of them just to use 1 Enemy Radar ?

No this can't be right.

Also I am now not able to view what mods my team mates are using.

While it's fine being in a clan, it's NOT fine for a PUG setting.

That will help us a lot.

Exactly.

The new aura is elitist, before Up 9 a player with low mastery lv can have some luck and get a energy siphon artifact and start using it, now to use an artifact u need to have that warframe potatoed+ 2-3 forma to have enough points to use it... also players who are only lving stuff just for mastery wont be using arifacts that means a nerf to all the team... yeah they are stronger but who knows maybe u will be the only1 with an aura in ur team doing the mission...

Although I can see them making the changes in order to promote diversity, and I agree that Siphon had to get nerfed, the prescence of polarities on the artifacts themselves restricts diversity, since with the pretty high cost to equip the artifacts you pretty much have to match polarities properly if you want to have a frame that doesnt suck. So now, its pretty limited in regards to what artifacts you can use since you wont use any artifacts outside of those which match the polarity of your frame's aura slot...which is the opposite of diversity.

I feel like DE should take away the polarities and lower the costs of the aura cards somewhat so we can actually swap out auras depending on the situation instead of being stuck with just a few because we don't have room for any of the other ones.

I don't know what they were smoking when they though of this system. The best part of the artifact system was that you could take different ones to help you depending on the mission you were doing. This one locks you into using a specific one and screws up everyone's already completed builds. They need to fix this real soon, like in the next few days.

There's a lot I like about this update, but I am not pleased with the change to artifacts. I liked being able to swap out artifacts to fit the current situation, and with polarity added I'm going to be pretty much locked into one or a few artifacts once I polarize. And I'm not pleased about being forced to use Forma to fit an artifact. I had really hoped any change to artifacts would make alerts for artifacts I already have worthwhile again, but this isn't really the case. A duplicate copy will help, but it's not hard to get the first few ranks without duplicates and you need a ton for the later ranks.

I hope the developers realize their mistake and change this, but I'm not sure what they would do for players that have already used forma and/or significant quantities of mods to upgrade and utilize the artifacts.

Edited by HoopleDoople

nerf our warframes and make the mobs harder...

At last. They had heard our pleas. Less roflstomping, more tactics and thinking.

As for Artifacts to Aura issue... DE, please raise level cap by 5 levels. Problem solved.

Edited by Khranitel

who's bright idea was it to give frost a D aura polarity? that's leaves me with the ever so popular rejuvenation (which does squat for a frost), or infested impendance (which is only "useful" if you're on a infested defense... and even then energy syphon is better).

although i would like to see what happens when you have 3 maxed infested impendaces on xini.

the problem with energy syphon wasn't that it gave energy, it was the fact that you could have 3-4 people using it all on the same squad. And this aura system doesn't change that at all.

Actually, why not look at Payday The Heist's crew bonuses, the bonuses aren't stackable and they only effect your team... although the 3 "newer" artifacts make this impossible to implement now (since they effect the enemies and not your party members).

Edited by KhanCipher

I think if they give players a free forma to help with this, it would have soften the blow from a whole new system but I still think this idea needs more polishing as it feels right now, it punishes frames for not having the right polarities and it also removes from them ability to be able to swap out artifacts to fit different scenario without much trouble, now it pretty much locks you to specific artifacts because of the polarity. 

Edited by theangelbelow88

I hadn't quite maxed out my Loki, so I had 4 points to use, and my preferred artifact after fusion used them up.

First thing I thought when I saw the polarity on the slot... $&*^ MOVE!

I can only imagine players with fully tuned frames sense of frustration at the change.

Suggestion : DE, I understand you want to create interesting choices for the player, but the advanced players are going to see this as a straight nerf and an obstacle to their normal experience.  Suggest you at the very least include an extra point of mod capacity to all frames (2 with catalyst) so people can at least equip a mis-polarized aura that they normally run with their maxed frames.

You can still able to maximize yoru warframe so where is the problem? That we have a longer progression curve? That there is still room for improvement until you polarized all slots? That you still have a goal? That when you are done you can brag like a little girl and everyone is envy of you? :P

I think those are positive aspects. Its a good design decision. Not a flaw. Where excately is your problem? You didn't point out a single thing^^