The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura = Poor Dev Move. [Screenshot Added]

SoggyCow

It's all about balancing, stop crying and be happy they are still making content for this game. You could play a game that the DEV's

just take your money and don't try to please the community. Step back and enjoy the game and give them time to test new ideas and balance the new content.

This is a great new idea and I welcome it. You have choices to build for yourself or build a warframe that is team oriented. Nobody is forcing you to use Aura mods but if you are a team player maybe it is better than running maxed out hp mod or shield mod on your warframe. For god sakes people use your heads.

Edited by DuncanMcleod

Let me get this right. They removed the Artifacts system which worked Perfectly... Just to add this? And THIS took them months to develop?

They just added another Mod slot into an awkward position LOL. GG DE, you fooled us again :D

I hate it. Not because I have perfectly min and maxed frames, but because I don't. I'm still working on mastery, building frames like crazy. I don't have potatoes for most of them, so I'm running around with one or two powers, a few mods, and a bunch of empty slots. Now you just made me choose between staying alive, killing things effectively, or running an aura. If that was your intention, well played I guess.

Oh you mean you not ready to do the end game content as soon as it is released that would be a good thing IMO. So get out there and farm or buy and enjoy the game.

The problem is DE kind of set a low bar for players and now they're steadily increasing it to provide us the challenge we were asking for. The issue at hand is that this isn't the kind of challenge we wanted. We wanted better enemy AI and challenging environments, not making it a little more frustrating to play our own frames more than before.

Basically we played frames that were fun and awesome and great to kill things with on high level missions but now not only were we given a challenging environment such as nightmare mode, but we also got nerfed because we can't rely on artifacts anymore like we used to. The problem is DE should have never implemented the artifact system IF they were planning on doing this Aura set up.

So now we get the feeling that we've been ripped off.

Say for example you've been fed filet mignon and kobe beef all your life, then suddenly you don't get that anymore. Instead, you're now fed bread.

The downside to them being levelable should have been that the only way to level them is with duplicates. That'd mean to get each to level 5 would require 64 copies of the aura. That's plenty when you can only get them from random missions and none are likely to show up even twice in the same day. Two months (minimum) of time to max out an aura card which is otherwise free of mod cost would have been fine.

Instead we now all have to forma a slot, level a new mod to 5, and fit a bunch more points into our warframe builds to get the same benefits we used to have for free.

The problem is DE kind of set a low bar for players and now they're steadily increasing it to provide us the challenge we were asking for. The issue at hand is that this isn't the kind of challenge we wanted. We wanted better enemy AI and challenging environments, not making it a little more frustrating to play our own frames more than before.

So true, having 10 well done smart enemies is a lot better than having 100 high level idiots running in circles and one-shotting you if you startle them :D

Learn to build a warframe nobody says you have to run maxed out mods in every slot.

Actually, If i forma it 2 more times, i can have every mod maxed including the new AURA, this topic is about how the new AURA slot is incompatable with warframes, forcing people to use formas, and how they are not shared and interchangable. stay on topic.

I like auras, but I don't like them using the same mechanics as mods (mod capacity and polarity), because that means less freedom when building your frame or when swapping auras (which was a breeze before).

Right now what this means for me is that I'll simply not run auras... I basically lost a buff I used to have in the form of an Artifact. That is pretty crippling now that I recently started playing a new frame.

Seriously a dull move from DE.

Really ? Polarities for those stupid Artifacts ?

Now DE is forcing players to use a Forma.

The better option would be is to Remove the polarity from that slot.

So nobody gets negative mod points.

If any player wana utilize it to the max, he could just forma and put a artifact mod in it !

How are we supposed to swap between energy siphon and rifle amp if theyre 2 different polarities? It makes no sense, DE. Youre pigeon holing certain warframes into using specific auras. I dont see any of the logic behind this change.

Also : Notice the mods at level 0 are severely nerfed from the old artifacts.

You want the old artifact potency back? max the aura.

I don't know about that. Maybe it's just me but at lvl 3 Siphon, not even maxed and it already feels better than the old artifact siphon.

Basically we played frames that were fun and awesome and great to kill things with on high level missions but now not only were we given a challenging environment such as nightmare mode, but we also got nerfed because we can't rely on artifacts anymore like we used to. The problem is DE should have never implemented the artifact system IF they were planning on doing this Aura set up.

So now we get the feeling that we've been ripped off.

Say for example you've been fed filet mignon and kobe beef all your life, then suddenly you don't get that anymore. Instead, you're now fed bread.

Ok this is how open beta works. This is simple most of you cry when you are to over powered and the game is to easy and boring. They put in a balancing mechanic and add more challenge to the game and you all cry. Where are the hard core gamers at? Gees peeps.... They finally make the game challenging and us a bit less powered to force people to group for end game and you all cry like babies.

Edited by DuncanMcleod

Absolutely HATE this.

Not because of the formas, have 12 bp of the dam things sitting in my inv.

Not because of yet ANOTHER mod that needs upgrading ( you get it to lv 5 and then what? maybe you have another frame with only 4 points left, or 2. or maybe you change the build and have ONE less point to spend on aura and you're f'ed)

Not because of the card system being better due being able to see what teammates have and picking your artifact as a consequence

Not because its a giant middle finger to those who don't have potatos on everything

But because takes away part of the building and planning your mods that made WF unique. Why do they even have polarity? Sure, i could change it, but what if i wanna run a different aura or build then? Am i supposed to have 4 copies of each frame with different polarities on their aura slots or what?

You basically killed mod planning, building, flexibility, picking an artifact thats is better suited for the current mission/team, WHILE nerfing us all . Good job.

Edited by Egioh

Every frame (and every player) was effectively nerfed with this new system. Previously the artifact card provided a free effect, now to get the exact same functionality subtracts from available mod points. Not cool at all.

What they should do is increase every frame's mod points to a +5, so a unpotato'd level 30 frame would have 35 modpoints and a potatoed level 30 frame would have 70 points. That way we could at least equip an un-leveled aura. Right now I can't even equip any aura because I have no unused mod points.

Either that or give Auras their own point-pool that doesn't interfere with actual mods. They should be separate.

I like the last part of your comment. This is a good idea.

+1