The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura = Poor Dev Move. [Screenshot Added]

SoggyCow

I've complained about Aura system on another thread, this is what i wrote:

I can't find a negative word that would describe my feelings towards Aura system, it has to be invented, to bad Shakespeare isn't alive anymore.

Polarity slots have no sense, they only restrict player, team and the whole gameplay.

Aura cost is ridiculously high, there is no way for player with unpotatoed frame to use it.

Whole system was good as idea, but execution is pure fail.

Since then i played few more mobile defenses + some other secondary mission stuff, and players don't use Aura at all, If they do use it, it's not Eng Siphon, and It is horrible!!!

Frame lvl30 with potato doesn't allow player to use all slots with maxed out mods, only forma can allow that. As if this wasn't enough, now there's extra mind blowing cost of "Aura" mods. Even if Aura cost is reduced, most players will not use it. I welcome new Aura mods and ability to level them, but they need to be FREE as they were before.

I don't agree that making them free will ever happen again because at the end of the day DE is in the business to make money. So if they can get some people to make purchases with this new mechanic that will be the path they would want to take. On the other hand some way to level everything up again would be nice instead of max level at 60 to be 65 or 70 if they implement having the ability to have more than one aura at a time.

Edited by DuncanMcleod

I was thinking maybe we could add to this new system by allowing a player to earn aura points.

Like an achievement type system. After a player unlocks all the stages on a certain planet the player would

recieve an aura point. This simple solution could let all players max out any given build that a player would like

to build with any given warframe. This thread is for ideas to make the game better not to bash or comment on

how you don't like the new system. Lets come up with ways to add to it and make it better.

It is a luxury to have aura cards in your slots now.

Why can't they ever make a skill tree system for special items like these. Like different frames can have different auras caps for each aura line that buffs the overall frame.

So players can pick their aura(like affinity) and from the separate aura lines and choose to put their aura level points into the said line by leveling the frame level to 30. Wouldn't it be much easier than this?

Edited by Jacate

Every frame (and every player) was effectively nerfed with this new system. Previously the artifact card provided a free effect, now to get the exact same functionality subtracts from available mod points. Not cool at all.

What they should do is increase every frame's mod points to a +5, so a unpotato'd level 30 frame would have 35 modpoints and a potatoed level 30 frame would have 70 points. That way we could at least equip an un-leveled aura. Right now I can't even equip any aura because I have no unused mod points.

Either that or give Auras their own point-pool that doesn't interfere with actual mods. They should be separate.

Based on your mastery maybe.

Wow, listen to all of the castors whine about they're free OP mod (lookin' at you energy siphon) going in the commode, just starts my morning off right.  You want that energy siphon back?  Better make a sacrifice, for the world does not function quite like your mama's basement.

Wow, listen to all of the castors whine about they're free OP mod (lookin' at you energy siphon) going in the commode, just starts my morning off right.  You want that energy siphon back?  Better make a sacrifice, for the world does not function quite like your mama's basement.

How about you read what many people posted instead of posting something condescending and wrong like that ?

The issue is mostly about losing build flexibility.

Bring back our artifacts and make them apply to the ones that are using them and not apply to the whole squad. 

Keep the aura mods but make them unique to each warframe, for example volt or Vauban add electrical damage to all attacks ( it would just increase the effect if that mod was already equipped on the weapon).

The way I see things an artifact is something YOU have and an aura is something that surrounds you and the people around you, so in my opinion it would make sense to change things a bit so people don't have to rebuild their warframes just to keep using the artifacts we already worked to get.

How about you read what many people posted instead of posting something condescending and wrong like that ?

The issue is mostly about losing build flexibility.

I have swam through the sea of tears, and have climbed the mountain of sobs.  If you want something useful, be prepared to pay for it in some ways or another.  I believe if these were never offered free in the deck system, nobody would complain about it now.  However, when people think that they are losing liberties that they deserve for some reason, the crying starts.  And while I applaud DE for listening to its user base like a mother, occasionally it needs to take the stance of a father and provide a stern lesson.  Your build flexibility is till there, and even more so with even more mods now.  What was lost was something I believe nobody should ever have had.

Edited by AXELfrieman

On a side note, adding an aura slot to the sentinels would certainly go a long way towards alleviating my frustration, I rarely max those things out so being able to put an aura on those (possibly a second also?) would be a huge help as well. I mean, the sentinels use the same technology as the warframes, and even utilize the same modular upgrade system, so why not? This would certainly make sentinels more valuable to the community too!

i second it.

please move the aura slot from warframes to sentinels (and buff energy siphon a bit, 0.1 per second per rank is underwhelming when compared to rifle amp).

Edited by NevWF2

Quick fix:

-remove slot polarity (make it neutral or maybe definitely remove polarities from aura mods?)

- make chosen aura visible to teammates just like artifacts were (if they affect all members, we should know what other members have equipped)

- quick acces to selection screen - just like artifacts were (going to arsenal > warframe and browsing mods in 5 seconds just before mission starts will be frustrating/undoable)

This way change to aura system would not hurt that much I think.

Edited by owsiej83

I have swam through the sea of tears, and have climbed the mountain of sobs.  If you want something useful, be prepared to pay for it in some ways or another.  I believe if these were never offered free in the deck system, nobody would complain about it now.  However, when people think that they are losing liberties that they deserve for some reason, the crying starts.  And while I applaud DE for listening to its user base like a mother, occasionally it needs to take the stance of a father and provide a stern lesson.  Your build flexibility is till there, and even more so with even more mods now.  What was lost was something I believe nobody should ever have had.

Except it isn't as flexible.  When you add an additional slot for mods, but do not increase the total amount of mod points to use, you've actually reduced total flexibility.  It means that mods must all stay weaker, or forma must be used (which takes time and resources) in order to attain an equivalent build with one more slot.  Additionally, you can no longer choose from all 13 mods based on mission priorities.

Given, it's not something that is impossible to adjust to, but it's certainly not a simple retention of flexibility.

The main reason I'm against it at this stage is because of how it was implemented. The main reason people are against it is because it limits customization which no one can dispute that it does.

You can no longer tell what auras your pug-mates are using and adjust to suit.

Its simply not a matter of swapping auras to suit the situation as you were used to.

It pretty much requires now that you potato your frame(s) in order to have much outside of powers+ redirection+vitality.

All in all, the system is not bad but it was implemented poorly, that coupled with the difficulty increase just sees nothing synergizing at the moment. The players who played for months, farming xini til they're eyes bled will be fine as they're strong enough to go without the auras. The new and the intermediate however are in a terrible position.

This is what happens when you cater to the minority, the ones claiming the game is too easy because Siphon was stacked, mobs were too low lvl and damage broke bosses. I guarantee you that only a percentage of the community is active in the forums and even then it was only the elite, the geared or the affluent that had a problem with the difficulty. These are the guys who ask for weapons to be nerfed when they have the choice not to use them and for frames to be nerfed simply because they find no challenge in using them. The 1-5% of the population who has the rest reeling from changes they wanted only to benefit themselves. As long as the minority can support the game enough to sustain its development I am fine. But driving away people and their money in droves never helped any game.

Edit: You never balance a game around hardcore gamers, they are in the minority and regardless of the changes they will adapt if they love the game. True balance incorporates the entire population and that is no small feat. Getting down to basic  theory though... if they didnt increase the difficulty they "might" have lost some hardcore players who may or may not spend lots of money on this game. However, that must be balanced against alienating the ever growing newbie population which far outweighs the hardcore gamers, these are the people who, if the are impressed will at least make small purchases, the volume of which can never be ignored. If you are lucky and have a good product, each of them are potential sugar daddies who experience the game in an arguably better state than previous players would have.

Edited by MrHeartless

The main reason I'm against it at this stage is how it was implemented. The main reason people are against it is because it limits customization which no one can dispute that it does.

You can no longer tell what auras your pug-mates are using and adjust to suit.

Its simply not a matter of swapping auras to suit the situation as you were used to.

It pretty much requires now that you potato your frame(s) in order to have much outside of powers+ redirection+vitality.

All in all, the system is not bad but it was implemented poorly, that coupled with the difficulty increase just sees nothing synergizing at the moment. The players who played for months, farming xini til they're eyes bled will be fine as they're strong enough to go without the auras. The new and the intermediate however are in a terrible position.

This is what happens when you cater to the minority, the ones claiming the game is too easy because Siphon was stacked, mobs were too low lvl and damage broke bosses. I guarantee you that only a percentage of the community is active in the forums and even then it was only the elite, the geared or the affluent that had a problem with the difficulty. These are the guys who ask for weapons to be nerfed when they have the choice not to use them and for frames to be nerfed simply because they find no challenged. The 1-5% of the population who has the rest reeling from changes they wanted only to benefit themselves. As long as the minority can support the game enough to sustain its development I am fine. But driving away people and their money in droves never helped any game.

Edit: You never balance a game around hardcore gamers, they are in the minority and regardless of the changes they will adapt if they love the game. True balance incorporates the entire population and that is no small feat. Getting down to basic  theory though... if they didnt increase the difficulty they "might" have lost some hardcore players who may or may not spend lots of money on this game. However, that must be balanced against alienating the ever growing newbie population which far outweighs the hardcore gamers, these are the people who, if the are impressed will at least make small purchases, the volume of which can never be ignored. If you are lucky and have a good product, each of them are potential sugar daddies who experience the game in an arguably better state than previous players would have.

Well said. I would classify myself as a "mid-gamer" right now and the initial impressions I have for newbie players would be that this game is really not accessible at all for them and the amount of work/weapons/mods needed to be reasonably successful is bit too much. I caught myself saying, "geez I'm really glad that I was here playing months ago and have some decent weapons, etc."

It really shouldn't be this way... If they punish players that are learning and developing their skills then they're turning away and severely limiting user base growth for this game.

What was lost was something I believe nobody should ever have had.

Great. That's subjective like everything else in here. Now stop calling everyone else's opinions "crying". Being condescending only makes you look bad.

The only REAL problem I have with it is that they made the base Auras have a cost (leveling the Aura should indeed come with a cost, but just slapping a naked one on like before should be free), and the Aura slot came already polarized. The second is a particularly poor choice, for the Aura people want to use with X frame isn't always of the Polarity the Frame's Aura slot is advertising.

All in all, I think the system has potential, they just need to hotfix it quickly so that it works WITH you instead of AGAINST you like it does currently...

Still doesn't change the fact that everyone now has to find some way to get more points to throw into their frames to accomodate their old artifacts (which used to cost nothing), which will likely take a LOT of forma. This is especially true because the new slots for Auras can come pre-polarized, and might need changed in order to even viably accomodate the Aura you want (I think this is especially stupid, why make it pre-polarized and not non-polarized, which would be by far more versitile? It makes no sense to me).

This also makes Forma essentially mandatory for all players who want a fully built frame (even if some people would argue that it was already this way before, it was still an option to have a decent frame without Forma-ing it), which is annoying since you have to then re-rank it multiple times AND YOU DON'T EVEN GET TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR IT. There really is very little upside to this except that now some fully ranked Auras are better than the old Artifacts. I'm not sure this offbalances the the annoyance of being required to rerank a frame over, and over, and over again. (Not to mention refarming the materials for the Forma, and the Forma blueprints, over and over and over again as well. which is now factors of ten harder as well.)

On top of that pay-to-win players get a significant advantage because they have more access to Forma (and now even materials, talk about another bad idea) than anyone else. Meaning that the game is now heavily weighted towards cash-shopping. Pay-to-win is something I heavily despise, and having it forced upon me is something I despise even more.

How did anyone think this  was a good idea aside from as a cash-shop money making scheme and player time-sink?

Exactly my thoughts.

Would reducing the time needed to polarize a slot be a compromise for this new artifact system? Instead of having to level your frame from 0-30 again, maybe being reduced to lvl 15 and re-level back up to 30?

BTW I hate this new artifact system, but I understand DE is exploring a way to make $$$ which I am fine with, but this is a little harsh. Played one mission last night and then quit out of disgust. Pffft.

I'm sorry to say it but... this entire update is one that further drags this game downhill and warframe is getting progressively worse as time goes on despite expanded content.

This change specifically is one of if not the worst thing about the new update; a host of bugs (not to mention a chunk of those bugs are OLD bugs that got "fixed") and once again this update is soaked in the vibe of "omg we rushed this out for some reason"

The new weapons are, once again, garbage not even on par with other weapons, the loot tables are absolutely fubar (especially on the new boss); the game was too easy, last I played it was very difficult starting out (sharply raising the learning curve) which is fine for experienced players but murder on new players...

Finally, the new offerings in the plat shop are a joke... the pricing is way borked and it really shouldn't even be there in the first place. I'm not explicitly upset that DE is trying to find new ways to make money but, selling mats for cash? Really?

Oh, and thanks for the giant middle finger of releasing another holiday color palette that is 3 colors for 5 bucks and *the exact same colors as the independence day palette*

Seriously... it takes some kind of special skill to make a great game progressively worse by putting more effort into it...

The new frame is decent... that's about it.

It's all about balancing, stop crying and be happy they are still making content for this game. You could play a game that the DEV's

just take your money and don't try to please the community. Step back and enjoy the game and give them time to test new ideas and balance the new content.

This is a great new idea and I welcome it. You have choices to build for yourself or build a warframe that is team oriented. Nobody is forcing you to use Aura mods but if you are a team player maybe it is better than running maxed out hp mod or shield mod on your warframe. For god sakes people use your heads.

Lol. What it is really all about is requiring everyone to buy at least two more Forma per Warframe they are using. Its just a huge money grab.