Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ascension endo reward unaccessible by new clan members

rohangwrl

In update 20 the clan overhaul and new ranking system allows endo rewards after the ascension ceremony. Me being a recent member of the clan cannot use the ascension plate for another 5 days. And the reward claiming has a limit of 72 hours. I know it has been established to prevent abuse but what about players who didn't know this would be a thing? I wouldn't have changed my clan in the first place if I knew this was coming. It should be an exception to player and clan not just a single clan. This needs to be fixed. We weren't given the benefot of doubt. Either we should have been informed to not change clans before the update.

I understand your problem but it was clearly said 72 hours after Ceremony completed. So why did your clan/admin started the ceremony if you have a 5 day lock ? Sorry to say but there is nothing to be fixed. The 3 Day counter and the 5 day lock protects DE that we dont swipswapperino into hundreds of clans now to make millions of Endo.

Another Point is. Weeks before Pacifism Event arrived the Dev told us all that some very big and important changes comes to Clans and Dojos. Why on earth did people dont notice that and change the Clan now (and to late). So its normally that they have to life with some sort of waitingtime like in all other multiplayer games. (ex. No clanfights for a week, no fightincoming and so on)

Participants will immediately be awarded Endo upon interacting with the Altar, and any remaining Clan members will be able to interact with the Altar and receive an Endo reward within 72 hours after the Ascension Ceremony has been completed. Participants from Clans who have enough Clan Affinity to Ascend multiple Ranks will be rewarded with Endo from each individual Rank.

Edited by Tasmanian_Devil

You expect a mountain, moon clan to wait for their new members before starting the ascension? And its not necessary that a warlord may be present for the ascension so there is no decision made on the higher scalar chain about it. And its a new feature how do you not expect people to try it out immediately. IMO you're just making an argument just for the reason to make one. And DE announcing changes to clans in devstreams dont involve the update dates so your argument isn't justified. And as for the pacifism event its pretty obvious to assume that the clan locks were opened as soon as the event ended there was no further info about it.

7 hours ago, Tasmanian_Devil said:

I understand your problem but it was clearly said 72 hours after Ceremony completed. So why did your clan/admin started the ceremony if you have a 5 day lock ? Sorry to say but there is nothing to be fixed. The 3 Day counter and the 5 day lock protects DE that we dont swipswapperino into hundreds of clans now to make millions of Endo.

Another Point is. Weeks before Pacifism Event arrived the Dev told us all that some very big and important changes comes to Clans and Dojos. Why on earth did people dont notice that and change the Clan now (and to late). So its normally that they have to life with some sort of waitingtime like in all other multiplayer games. (ex. No clanfights for a week, no fightincoming and so on)

Participants will immediately be awarded Endo upon interacting with the Altar, and any remaining Clan members will be able to interact with the Altar and receive an Endo reward within 72 hours after the Ascension Ceremony has been completed. Participants from Clans who have enough Clan Affinity to Ascend multiple Ranks will be rewarded with Endo from each individual Rank.

I understand that it is to prevent future abuse of the system, HOWEVER, there wasn't any notification that there was going to be a change to clans that would prevent people from getting rewards prior to the patch notes. You should consider that many people change clans from time to time and lock our the rewards on a per person basis.

IE:

You are in a clan that has gotten to rank 5 and you've gotten those ascension points. When you change to another clan that's rank 0, 5 days pass and you join in their rank 1 ascension but don't get points because you've already received the rank 1 points.

This would have prevented abuse of the system MUCH cleaner than the 5-day lockout.

As another player locked out from these points I find that I would be better off leaving my guild and making one just to dump resources into it and get the ascension points then scrap the guild to go back to where my friends are. Also a good group could currently abuse the heck out of this system and rank a guild every month or two to get 45k points, destroy the guild and start over thus abusing the current system.

Personally DE I feel you might have just shot yourself in the foot with this one, I may not spend a bunch of cash buying plat and stuff but I do make purchases each month, the way you went about this makes me feel like you didn't bother to think about the patch day people just about what comes in the next few months. You protected yourselves but forgot to protect your patrons.

I didn't even know the lock-out was a thing. My brother made his first account this week and immediately joined our ghost clan. He apparently has 3 days and 10 hours left before he can interact with the ascension altar which has 70 hours left. Had we known that the f*ng lock-out was a thing, of course we would have waited a day or two. This is 36k endo that would have been extremely useful for him, and we feel like crap for accidentally blocking him out of it.

Of course I understand the need for a system that counters exploiting this new system, but it would have been great if we were god damn informed of its existence without scouring the forums every time we want to do anything.

How about a little heads-up that tells you what/how many clan members you have that wouldn't be able to access the altar?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as an a-hole, but I'm more than a little frustrated with this right now.

Edited by Woodis

37 minutes ago, Woodis said:

Of course I understand the need for a system that counters exploiting this new system, but it would have been great if we were god damn informed of its existence without scouring the forums every time we want to do anything.

How about a little heads-up that tells you what/how many clan members you have that wouldn't be able to access the altar?

^^ This is the major issue many people are having when they started the ascension ceremony there was NO notification that anyone would be left out of it. Just double checked with my own clan leader, and likewise there was nothing that notified him of the 5 day lockout.

I changed clans yesterday around the time of the update. I had been considering it for several days, and finally decided to do it, having nothing to do with the update. Had I known that I would be locked out of my new clan's Ascension Ceremony, I'd have waited until my old clan had finished the ceremony and then changed. 

I agree, the patch notes should have made a 5-day waiting period clear, because adding the ascension ceremony was complicated enough as it is. However, I do agree with DE's decision to have some kind of system in to prevent abuse of the free endo. I think it does need a bit more thought though.

There is not a single bit of information about new members timegate on the update notes.

We have the same problem in our Ghost Clan for two of our members. There was no timegate info on the notes. Had there been one, we would have taken it into consideration.

Two of our Clan members are not eligible to claim the endo before the ascension altar timegate ends.

One of them is very new to warframe and joined us a few days before update 20.

The other is a good friend whom i've mentored in the game and we saw this as the perfect opportunity for master and pupil to finally join forces.

So they are both legitimate members, not endo hunters.

And oh boy, what a disappointment.

I've sent a support ticket about the problem asking them to fully reverse the process so that we can wait for a week until we can all claim the endo. But time is ticking and still no answer from support. In half a day from now, the ascension altar will reach the 72hr lifespan...

I hope someone's reading this thread and can solve this problem.

Edited by disco_inferno6

I'm pretty sure the DE has already noticed this post as it is in the top lists of the dojo subforum with 560+views. The only problem is they haven't acknowledged yet, it has been over 3 days since update 20 came. The new hotfix doesnt have any provisions aswell.

It makes sense to have this so people can't just clan hop & claim a TON of Endo in no time. Having new members wait to be able to use it is perfect. Quite frankly I wish new members had to wait to use everything so people can't also be invited into a clan, grab all the research & run.

Why not giving a timer on players when they participate. One that is bound with the timer of the orginial ascension ceremony, meaning that if they got their endo, they will be prevented to participate in any ceremony regardless that they changed clan or not. Maybe make a 5 days timer on character creation to prevent that as well. But giving such a long timer on someone who never participated in a ceremony is kinda silly and I don't think is the appropriate way to prevent the exploits.

And more importantly, it would be great to have this information in-game. Preferably when interacting with the Ascension Altar (which really only officers and up should be able to activate). Some of us immediately joined a friend-clan when we started playing and we are very unlikely to ever change clan, so if this first burst of endo is missed there won't be any second chances.

Congrats DE.  I just came back to the game after a year off because my windows 10 wouldn't update this game. I find my friends join their clan and viola get screwed out of ENDO. Way to make sure I do NOT make in game purchases and play for free since what's the point now I have to grind hella Endo. Genius Idea to alienate people because you cant make a level lock system.  GGWP

Ran into this.  Never had been in a clan before, friend invited me in to his Ghost Clan with a cool dojo.  He says "Hurry up and get in before the ascension ceremony finishes!"  I spent the Platinum to rush the key, get to the altar, and I'm locked out.   The clan leader had no idea that new members could not get in the ascension ceremony.

So yes, I understand the intent, but having some kind of notice explaining the time lock would help.  Neither I nor the leader could see this until I was in the dojo.

I agree with the ideas of locking out players after the ascension ceremony instead of a 6 day waiting period.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, (Xbox One)BuckshotBully09 said:

They should make it to where a warlord can ok the recieving of endo past the cutoff date after the member has met certain requirements allowing new players to earn the reward. On top of that the endo reward should be once per account and not clan to prevent that system from being abused.

Its been a month since the update. If they wanted to fix the issue they would already have. I'm given up hope.

On 3/27/2017 at 11:46 AM, disco_inferno6 said:

There is not a single bit of information about new members timegate on the update notes...

I had my apprehensions about this particular new function in the dojo. As a clan leader of a small ghost clan I'm lucky enough to have mostly close friends as members and I have been able to keep them from activating the rite--for the moment. However, after doubling back over update notes there really was/is nothing about the time-gate lockout for new clan members. Such a disappointing oversight! I completely understand the frustration, and I'd be really dismayed if I were a new player. Most of my clan members are new to the game entirely, I've managed to wrangle them into joining up, their initial experiences need not be tainted more than they already could be by the obtuse lack of in-game guidance. Spread the word about the time-gate lockout for this function, since it seems to be an oversight-secret!

What is even more pervasively disappointing is that a player has to scour forums on here and on the wiki to actually make heads or tails of much of the functions of the game--many of which have significant repercussions if you "mess up". Perhaps it is because I'm not overly engaged and familiar with MMOs, and this model is actually quite normal, but I find it annoying that I have to go to a whole other source all-too-often to figure out how to play with any effectiveness or out of fear of making a mistake that I can't undo.

EDIT/UPDATE: Going to take a moment to express the annoyance of having any member be able to start the Rite and no alert given--thankfully, I noticed the sudden clan ranking in place. We're still unsure if all our members will be able to actually get the reward. This is because one of my members didn't pay attention when I told them about the whole process and got a bit too eager. As a clan leader it's a disappointment in my clan mate's listening skills, and makes me nervous that I won't be able to do my duty as leader to ensure the clan's best interest through this particular function. As a player I feel this system needs more fail-safes, particularly one that makes only clan leaders and/or top-tier ranking members be able to start the Rite.

Edited by (XB1)Spaztic Magic
Updated information.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a huge error!  I go to my dojo [rank 0] day after day, it tells me to build the ascension thingy...no kinda heads-up on that ****, just build it and rank up. So I build it, use it. I know of ONE other person to use it. Now...we have all but the Hema research done and some colors to finish, our dojo is big, but we're still rank 0. 

We should ALL be offended.

Edit:

How about this:  Take my endo back and let my members ascend.

Edited by 3allvalve