The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HIND Buff feedbacks - Add trigger-switch like Zarr, Secondary sound change?

SprinKah

Hind secondary fire mode, semi-auto with better stats

Personally I think it's fine.

The ONLY thing I have to complain about though is the fact that it doesn't have the mode-switch like the Zarr

I got an AWFUL mouse with a REALLY STIFF M3 Scroll button....it's really annoying to have to gather my strength everytime to push that button to shoot 1 bullet.

I don't know if the Stradavar has the same problem but I don't think so.

So yeah, mode-switch like Zarr...pleaase DE, add that little thing that counts!

Also, the secondary mode firing sound is really....weak and wimpy, I was expecting something with ALOT MORE PUNCH. I know it doesn't matter much but yes.

Edited by SprinKah

ya stradavar has an actual change fireing mode. and ya its because the hind isnt using the fireing sound for its semi-auto. its useing the end of burst sound..which only sounds good right after that heavy bang from the burst. (i love the sound of the hind but oh gawd DE at least TRY to make a sound for the semi-auto...)

9 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Hind secondary fire mode, semi-auto with better stats

Personally I think it's fine.

The ONLY thing I have to complain about though is the fact that it doesn't have the mode-switch like the Zarr

I got an AWFUL mouse with a REALLY STIFF M3 Scroll button....it's really annoying to have to gather my strength everytime to push that button to shoot 1 bullet.

I don't know if the Stradavar has the same problem but I don't think so.

So yeah, mode-switch like Zarr...pleaase DE, add that little thing that counts!

Also, the secondary mode firing sound is really....weak and wimpy, I was expecting something with ALOT MORE PUNCH. I know it doesn't matter much but yes.

Yeah, switching modes would be way better. And you think the sound and visuals of this altfire is bad? Try the Tenora that charges a shot that takes 10 ammo and uses the same SFX and VFX as the base rapid fire one...

16 hours ago, SprinKah said:

mode-switch like Zarr...pleaase DE, add that little thing that counts!

Agreed, except that the sound DOES MATTER. At least to me. Then again, the whole thing looks like an edgy turd... Tennogen please?

Edited by Dragon_AV
It's late and I'm tirezzzzzz...

1 hour ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

Tip: use another key for secondary fire. I mapped it on Q since it's easy to reach all the time.

Same! But do you really want to be spamming Q for 20 clicks?

Side note: Please DE, make it change fire mods. I built a Hind again just to try and use it. But it's still busted.

Edited by Karixolu

4 hours ago, Dragon_AV said:

Agreed, except that the sound DOES MATTER. At least to me. Then again, the whole thing looks like an edgy turd... Tennogen please?

honestly, I love the aesthetic of the Hind

something really pulls me from using it though, I got like....8 rivens for it since the start...like damn I was OBSESSED.

4 hours ago, Jakorak said:

Seems I hold the unpopular opinion that alt fire being used to switch firing modes is absolutely inferior to just having a primary fire on left click and an alternate fire on the alt fire button

well I wouldn't want to constantly punch the scroll button :/

it's very problematic

11 hours ago, Jakorak said:

Seems I hold the unpopular opinion that alt fire being used to switch firing modes is absolutely inferior to just having a primary fire on left click and an alternate fire on the alt fire button

Easy fix: Make it an Option in the gameplay tab. "Altfire : Direct Trigger" or something. If it is on, it works like Tenora, if it is off it works like Stradavar. For all weapons with secondary firemodes.

15 hours ago, taiiat said:

nah, change features of the game to accomodate malfunctioning hardware!
because that makes sense

While I understand your argument, please keep in mind that it is a good thing for the game to be consistent. Having multiple ways of 'firing' alt-fire is not logical and not new player friendly. Since both Zarr and Stradavar use a toggle it would be no more then logical to have a toggle on the hind as well.

The problem with the Hind "buff" is manyfold:

* The base stats were not touched, even though it could've gotten some tiny buffs at least.
* The alternate fire is exactly like the Stradavar, except not as a toggle. And using immediately firing secondary fire on a precision based shot is ... not good. At all.
* Alt fire's rate of fire is REALLY slow.
* The alt fire's sound is ... incomplete? I mean seriously, it's the silliiest firing thing I've heard in a while. It sounds like you are trying to fire a weapon when the mag is empty. It HAS to be a broken sound. Even the Attica, which has a very quiet/calm firing sound (fitting for a crossbow), has WAY more oomph than the Hind's altfire.

9 hours ago, SprinKah said:

that's also problematic...and annoying

outside of anything in particular... making custom Keybinds that are comfortable for you is..... problematic and annoying?
that's nonsense - one would say that using Keybinds that aren't setup to be comfortable for you, is problematic and annoying. that's why games have adjustable Keybinds...

5 hours ago, Dragon_AV said:

Having multiple ways of 'firing' alt-fire is not logical and not new player friendly.

Since both Zarr and Stradavar use a toggle it would be no more then logical to have a toggle on the hind as well.

certainly.

but having the capability for both is ideal.
which uh, could be handled with tapping Alt Fire for one type of functionality, and holding for another type. one switches modes, the other uses it instantly - that allows both types of functionality at once.
being consistent goes both ways - either switching modes or using instantly would be consistent if they were all the same. so all that is left, is preferences on what one prefers.

whether it be switching modes (presumably for slower paced play?) or using instantly (for very high paced play).

45 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

* The base stats were not touched, even though it could've gotten some tiny buffs at least.
* The alternate fire is exactly like the Stradavar, except not as a toggle. And using immediately firing secondary fire on a precision based shot is ... not good. At all.

as well as adding Semi-Auto to a Burst Weapon? basically two modes of almost identical things... rather a bunk feature because of that.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

outside of anything in particular... making custom Keybinds that are comfortable for you is..... problematic and annoying?
that's nonsense - one would say that using Keybinds that aren't setup to be comfortable for you, is problematic and annoying. that's why games have adjustable Keybinds...

certainly.

but having the capability for both is ideal.
which uh, could be handled with tapping Alt Fire for one type of functionality, and holding for another type. one switches modes, the other uses it instantly - that allows both types of functionality at once.
being consistent goes both ways - either switching modes or using instantly would be consistent if they were all the same. so all that is left, is preferences on what one prefers.

whether it be switching modes (presumably for slower paced play?) or using instantly (for very high paced play).

as well as adding Semi-Auto to a Burst Weapon? basically two modes of almost identical things... rather a bunk feature because of that.

man, i ain't going to like...aim with m2 and then press like...x or c or something to fire....it ruins the pace of the game for me a bit...that being said, it's a way to do it but I tell you, i don't think any fps game is supposed to play like that....as far as I know. like a gun with grenade launcher, you want to switch mode, games can either make you hit like a word button on the keyboard or the M3 scroll button to do it then you shoot using m1...yeah

2 hours ago, Azamagon said:

* The alt fire's sound is ... incomplete? I mean seriously, it's the silliiest firing thing I've heard in a while. It sounds like you are trying to fire a weapon when the mag is empty. It HAS to be a broken sound. Even the Attica, which has a very quiet/calm firing sound (fitting for a crossbow), has WAY more oomph than the Hind's altfire.

honestly, I didn't what I was expecting....I suppose I kinda hoped that they would at least bring the base status chance to like 15%

that would make A BIG DIFFERENCE.

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

It seems kind of odd yes. But I do see a small point in it: What if your burst puts an enemy just a TINY bit away of dieing? Wasting another entire burst to kill that enemy would be a complete waste of ammo. And ammo is something that the Hind certainly wastes easily. So, personally I don't really see a huge problem with it as an added feature.

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

It seems kind of odd yes. But I do see a small point in it: What if your burst puts an enemy just a TINY bit away of dieing? Wasting another entire burst to kill that enemy would be a complete waste of ammo. And ammo is something that the Hind certainly wastes easily. So, personally I don't really see a huge problem with it as an added feature.

ya. it makes since to use it has a finisher. since one of the "downside" to burst weapons was sometimes you need 4 shots instead of 3. and you have to waste 2 bullets to finish a person. which is made more obvious when hinds burst is 5 shots...
course  the one thing im suprised remaind untouch on hind was its base RoF. its been a long standing issue that its RoF was slower than the default hind enemies used. touching that up a little bit and then giving it an inch or 2 on either its dmg or one of its % stats would boost this gun a little bit as well.

It is still a terrible weapon to use even with that semi auto, and yes it doesn't even has the switching feature like tradava, which is...also terrible. TBH, all they should have done is just buffing the base stats and that's it, Semi-auto doesn't help the weapon DPS at all aside from ammo economy

15 hours ago, Ordosan said:

ya. it makes since to use it has a finisher. since one of the "downside" to burst weapons was sometimes you need 4 shots instead of 3. and you have to waste 2 bullets to finish a person. which is made more obvious when hinds burst is 5 shots...
course  the one thing im suprised remaind untouch on hind was its base RoF. its been a long standing issue that its RoF was slower than the default hind enemies used. touching that up a little bit and then giving it an inch or 2 on either its dmg or one of its % stats would boost this gun a little bit as well.

Exactly my point + Couldn't agreed more :)

Edited by Azamagon

18 hours ago, Ordosan said:

its been a long standing issue that its RoF was slower than the default hind enemies used. touching that up a little bit and then giving it an inch or 2 on either its dmg or one of its % stats would boost this gun a little bit as well.

Hinds's burst rate of fire could be boosted dramatically (I would double it) and It would fix a lot of the weapon's issues. The biggest problem with the Hind, is the burst-fire takes way too long and it doesn't feel like a burst fire weapon. Having to keep the targeting reticle on the target for the entire duration of 5 shots is the biggest hurdle of the weapon. 

On topic: I am not sure if I like the single fire alternate key setup and it doesn't seem to help with the weapon's problems.  I wouldn't mind a toggle to semi-auto.

Edited by LazyKnight

3 hours ago, LazyKnight said:

Hinds's burst rate of fire could be boosted dramatically (I would double it) and It would fix a lot of the weapon's issues. The biggest problem with the Hind, is the burst-fire takes way too long and it doesn't feel like a burst fire weapon. Having to keep the targeting reticle on the target for the entire duration of 5 shots is the biggest hurdle of the weapon. 

On topic: I am not sure if I like the single fire alternate key setup and it doesn't seem to help with the weapon's problems.  I wouldn't mind a toggle to semi-auto.

ya. i LOVED my hind. and always have when the burst weapon buff came through (before burst was effected by rof i hated this gun) but i still feel this gun is WAY to clunky to use without at least 90% rof on it. (shred and speed trigger usually) id love to see it bumped up so that shred alone would give it that feel good position. or at least speed trigger