Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Bring Back the Duplicates tab in the Modding Station

Ifeno

Please bring back the Duplicates tab at the modding station that used to be between the Companions and Riven tabs.  I don't know about everyone else, but it was by far my most used tab.  It let me get rid of my duplicates quickly without having to stress out about accidentally deleting a non-duplicate mod.  The Duplicates filter just isn't the same, it's not nearly as user-friendly since it makes you manually search for the duplicate mods in your entire library.

UPDATE:  We're back to normal!  Hurray!!!

Edited by Ifeno
update

This is what's wrong with the duplicates section:

mods.png

Notice how this is supposed to be sorted by duplicates, yet I have a duplicate that's surrounded by single copies?

This behavior is also what we don't like, because it's got non-duplicates surrounding the duplicate, which makes finding duplicates of a ranked mod extremely difficult, if not impossible.

The tab prevented all of this behavior because it showed us our duplicates mods, filtered out the non-duplicates, and allowed for sorting however we wished.

+1

What I suggest on doing is upgrading all your non-duplicates (however many instances of a mod you want to keep from incidentally dissolving) to Rank 1. It's quite cheap and that way you can sort mods by rank and everything that is unranked is your trash mods for endo.

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

While the tab is back, the behavior is still altered.

For example:

Comparison.png

4 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Or more to the point:

Not-Duplicates.png

I think this problem has been fixed as well now.  From what I can tell we're back to normal.

After having used the duplicates tab, especially with figuring out what I have available for trade, I really don't like that the duplicates tab doesn't include all of a specific mod, only the mods that aren't the highest rank... which means that I have to vendor the garbage mods in two phases: One to drop them down to one of each mod, then a second to sweep out the remaining mods that are duplicates of a ranked mod (in the case of Steel Fiber, for example).

This means that I may actually be unnecessarily retaining rare mods that I could list on the market because I don't know by inspecting the duplicates tab if the stack of unranked mods has a hidden ranked duplicate or not.

IMO, the current behavior of the duplicates tab is a bug.

9 hotfixes and 1 update later this is still broken :heartbroken:

The current iteration of the "duplicate mods" tab is borderline useless:
1. If I have 1x maxed Vitality + 10x unranked - before the update it showed both the maxed and the unranked, now it only shows the 10x unranked
2. If I have only 10x unranked Vitality and no ranked one - before the update it showed those 10x unranked, now it still shows the 10x unranked
-> Before I could see if I can sell all those 10 copies because i saw the maxed variant too. Now I can never be sure if I already have a maxed instance or if those duplicates are all the copies I have. It's unusable unless you already have all the mods in the game maxed (or at least r1) so you don't have to worry about selling all your unranked copies. Not to mention that it's highly misleading and it's definitely gonna lead to people accidentally selling something they didn't want to because at first glance it's not obvious how it works at all.

I don't get how I'm supposed to sell the duplicates now. I can search all of them one by one but that would take hours. I needs to either:
1. Go back to the previous behavior.
2. In the above example n.2 show only 9x unranked copies instead of all 10.
3. Make the middle mouse click select only 9 instead of 10 in example n.2 but still all 10 in example n.1.

Edited by cubis123

On 4/6/2017 at 0:43 PM, cubis123 said:

9 hotfixes and 1 update later this is still broken :heartbroken:

The current iteration of the "duplicate mods" tab is borderline useless:
1. If I have 1x maxed Vitality + 10x unranked - before the update it showed both the maxed and the unranked, now it only shows the 10x unranked
2. If I have only 10x unranked Vitality and no ranked one - before the update it showed those 10x unranked, now it still shows the 10x unranked
-> Before I could see if I can sell all those 10 copies because i saw the maxed variant too. Now I can never be sure if I already have a maxed instance or if those duplicates are all the copies I have. It's unusable unless you already have all the mods in the game maxed (or at least r1) so you don't have to worry about selling all your unranked copies. Not to mention that it's highly misleading and it's definitely gonna lead to people accidentally selling something they didn't want to because at first glance it's not obvious how it works at all.

I don't get how I'm supposed to sell the duplicates now. I can search all of them one by one but that would take hours. I needs to either:
1. Go back to the previous behavior.
2. In the above example n.2 show only 9x unranked copies instead of all 10.
3. Make the middle mouse click select only 9 instead of 10 in example n.2 but still all 10 in example n.1.

^ this.  It took me until I accidentally sold a stack of "new" mods that I thought were duplicates until I realized that the current duplicates tab does not properly differentiate.  I'm happy we have it back, now please just make it the way it was again!