The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

early game Jackal fight

(PSN)Zoob_M

Question

I fought this boss on PC, but I had help from more experienced players.

now I'm fighting it with MK1 weapons and no one to help.

my plan is to build the furis to get a higher DPS.

I know I'm supposed to shoot the front legs BTW. I just feel like it recovers faster than I can damage it.

also note: until I beat it, I only have access to earth and venus.

any suggestions?

8 answers to this question

I feel like the Jackal was implemented so early on to force players to form groups. For a starter boss, he is insanely difficult with starter gear. Idk your MR or how recently you started or what weapons/frames/mods you have so it's hard to give advice. Only advice I can give is to try recruit chat and see if you can maybe grab a veteran or a few other players. I'd help, but I'm not on PS4 : /

Edited by CherryPauper

4 minutes ago, CherryPauper said:

I feel like the Jackal was implemented so early on to force players to form groups. For a starter boss, he is insanely difficult with starter gear. Idk your MR or how recently you started or what weapons/frames/mods you have so it's hard to give advice. Only advice I can give is to try recruit chat and see if you can maybe grab a veteran or a few other players. I'd help, but I'm not on PS4 : /

I just have the starting gear so far. Excalibur, and all the MK1 weapons. I tried recruiting through chat, but no one came. I can just wait for players to join, but they don't seem to understand to shoot the d* legs.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Zoob_M said:

I just have the starting gear so far. Excalibur, and all the MK1 weapons. I tried recruiting through chat, but no one came. I can just wait for players to join, but they don't seem to understand to shoot the d* legs.

If they don't understand then you can tell them. I once had to tell someone to remove their Snow Globe and they didn't know how, despite apperantly playing Frost for 3 years.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

2 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

If they don't understand then you can tell them. I once had to tell someone to remove their Snow Globe and they didn't know how, despite apperantly playing Frost for 3 years.

I have no way of accessing text chat in mission. if I use voice chat, I have no way of knowing they heard me.

keep in mind, controllers don't have as many buttons as mouse and keyboard. for some reason, that means the chat button is also the aim button. (both are L2 on PS4, whereas on PC, aim is right click and chat is T)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zoob_M said:

I have no way of accessing text chat in mission. if I use voice chat, I have no way of knowing they heard me.

keep in mind, controllers don't have as many buttons as mouse and keyboard. for some reason, that means the chat button is also the aim button. (both are L2 on PS4, whereas on PC, aim is right click and chat is T)

I don't renember seeing a mute button for voice chat so it should work, but if there is then my mistake.

You never said which Mk-1 weapons you had, but I started with the bow.  When I got to the Corpus I realized that it was terrible against their shields.  So I bought the Strun shotgun from the Market (it's one of the few weapons you can buy with credits instead of Plat).  Rank it up and add some basic mods for increased damage and Cold and it will work well against the Corpus (love the rag-doll effect!).  One clip was enough to take out a Jackal's leg and still get in some damage against the body.  And lots of bullet jumping around the room using the pillars to avoid his weapons and the mine Ospreys.  Recent changes to the game should allow you to destroy the mines sitting on the ground by shooting them.

I solo'd him back when I had to get past him, so it's possible.  You just might need to take a little time to improve your gear.  Feel free to hit me up in-game if you'd like some help.

And, FWIW, I think the Jackal is one of the better designed bosses in the game - it's fairly easy to figure out what to do (as you've said) and the fight has a good pace to it.

Good luck, Tenno.