The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem (Quest): My feedback [SPOILERS]

Calmaxys

The title says it all. I am going to go through the quest (forgive me if I forget some of the parts of the quest) and say what I think. SPOILERS AHEAD.

Find The Mandachord Parts -

Personally, I liked this mission. It brings back memories of the good old Raid gamemode or the Vor's Prize resource collecting mission. The note does go weird at times, but otherwise it's a fine mission.

FInd the parts of the song -

I will tackle all three at once. I had a single trouble with mission 2 (Lua) and 3. Sentients. I avoided the first ones that spawned in on Lua, but battled the other ones. Luckily for me Operator mode can strip their resistances. Otherwise, it did get me a couple of sentient mods and 4 argon crystals.

Harness the power of an Orokin Tower -

Again, sentients kind of annoying. I liked the concept of how sentients are disturbing the activation process, but I imagine it would be annoying to a player without an Invis Loki and Operator.

Talk to Simaris in the relay -

I LOVED this part of the quest. The Suda-Hunhow fight was hard, but enjoyable. It felt like a 3D version of DDR with a world destroying being occupying a creature of data trying to mess your mad moves up. I loved the climax of the quest, with Ordis going on a rampage and Simaris summoning the creatures of the sanctuary. A satisfying ending to a satisfying quest. Personally, I felt every second of the fight, with Hunhow trying to stop you with smaller platforms and additional enemies.

TL;DR

Sentients were annoying, otherwise a fantastic quest.

Keep it up, DE.

Edited by HadesGamingPL

2 hours ago, HadesGamingPL said:

I LOVED this part of the quest. The Suda-Hunhow fight was hard, but enjoyable. It felt like a 3D version of DDR with a world destroying being occupying a creature of data trying to mess your mad moves up. I loved the climax of the quest, with Ordis going on a rampage and Simaris summoning the creatures of the sanctuary. A satisfying ending to a satisfying quest.

I'm always getting crashed at the final dialogues here!

God damn, the testing skill level of DE is "amazing"!

I loved the Sentients. I mean, I needed some enemies that didn't die too quickly so I could test out my new Limbo..:p

But yeah, the quest itself was pretty awesome. I loved watching Ordis join in the fray in the final mission, then Simaris as well. Hunhow was great too. I mean, it's clear he is quite smart, first striking at our heart, and this time at our intel source (and we know how important information is in war...). And nearly succeeding both times too!

I hear others faced bugs but I didn't get any. I'd only wish DE added, for the last mission, a marker to point out the last red/white keynote, so I stop running in circles (literally) wondering I missed a note or the mission had bugged.

21 hours ago, Necromanrius said:

I loved the Sentients. I mean, I needed some enemies that didn't die too quickly so I could test out my new Limbo..:p

But yeah, the quest itself was pretty awesome. I loved watching Ordis join in the fray in the final mission, then Simaris as well. Hunhow was great too. I mean, it's clear he is quite smart, first striking at our heart, and this time at our intel source (and we know how important information is in war...). And nearly succeeding both times too!

I hear others faced bugs but I didn't get any. I'd only wish DE added, for the last mission, a marker to point out the last red/white keynote, so I stop running in circles (literally) wondering I missed a note or the mission had bugged.

what did i have to do in the last mission?

20 hours ago, Connected_Runner said:

I hate sentients. Their annoying and hard to kill cause my STUFF SUCKS &#!

I hate sentients because they're annoying cheap "difficulty" even when my stuff doesn't suck. 

Couple sentients with needing kuva for Octavia's build and I'm like, "I wouldn't play this quest if it just straight up awarded platinum."

Think we could get an increase to the music room chassis appearing its super rare right now and aggravating to do the mission over and over again hoping itll show up. Also maybe add somewhere in the game some kind of a place you could practice the puzzles would be cool.OH maybe put it in the clans where you build a room that lets you play the puzzles that would be neat.

Edited by Forceglyph

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

I hate sentients because they're annoying cheap "difficulty" even when my stuff doesn't suck. 

Couple sentients with needing kuva for Octavia's build and I'm like, "I wouldn't play this quest if it just straight up awarded platinum."

I wouldn't say they're cheap difficulty. Their bullet-sponging actually has a counter-mechanism in the game now, so altering your strategy and using different tools makes the fight easier. Their high damage output also makes them a threat, which a lot of bosses don't have.

Overall, when I figured out how they tick, I really enjoyed having to finally apply tactics in a fight, rather than just "Pump 'em full of bullets!". That's not artificial difficulty, that's a well-designed, challenging enemy.

THAT SAID

If the requirement for this mission is the completion of the Second Dream, it -must- be changed to requiring the War Within, because Sentient are extremely difficult to fight without access to Transference.

Different strokes, I guess. I find Sentients waste my time by negating abilities and time I've spent on my gear, and have cheap-shot abilities, which is very out of line with a game that isn't supposed to be hard. 

Plus, I cannot stand playing as an Operator (one of the best ways to deal with Sentients), it is without a doubt the single worst gameplay experience I've had in this game. I would pay money for an option to completely disable transference (or to have a way to qualify for post War Within stuff without actually having to complete it...I'd start another character if I could get to where I am without having either the Second Dream or War Within stuff larded onto my abilities). 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

On 27/03/2017 at 5:28 AM, Forceglyph said:

Think we could get an increase to the music room chassis appearing its super rare right now and aggravating to do the mission over and over again hoping itll show up. Also maybe add somewhere in the game some kind of a place you could practice the puzzles would be cool.OH maybe put it in the clans where you build a room that lets you play the puzzles that would be neat.

If you mean the simon says music memory puzzle, the chassis spawns above the puzzle. It does not spawn in the container that awards 1k creds (and once, just once, Forma). As I understand it, the chassis is 100% spawn. A quick bullet jump up is all you need - and if you're playing on the crossfire for the Caches for the systems, there can sometimes be caches on that level near the walls too.

On 2017-03-27 at 2:48 PM, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

which is very out of line with a game that isn't supposed to be hard. 

what!? why do you say that?

I find this game too easy most of the time... but also too hard for the wrong reasons in some rare cases...

This game is among the easiest I've played; I love it that way. It is a game for parking yourself in front of the boobtube and just killing EVERYTHING like a friggin' boss, and looking awesome while you do so. Even early levels support this.

I'm not a fan of combining "you're the deadliest weapon in the known system, with a frajillion guns and also magic powers" with "but you get your &#! kicked on the regular." Those two things don't go together, and it's nice when a game is up front about that. Warframe is that game: you are supposed to kill your way through hordes of enemies without breaking a sweat. Running into enemies that stop you from doing that, or being forced into play mode where you're suddenly some softbelly teenager, is a really jarring and inappropriate-feeling change in gameplay. It's like the parts in Assassin's Creed: Black Flag where instead of being a pirate, you get to pretend you work for Lumberg and you screwed up the TPS reports. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

On 25.3.2017 at 8:17 AM, HadesGamingPL said:

Otherwise, it did get me a couple of sentient mods and 4 argon crystals

And then they went and "fixed" it. THANKS, DE. I absolutely love getting swarmed by sentients in a mission where I can't even bring a friend, and have a guaranteed 0% chance for a Broken War part.:clap:

On 25.3.2017 at 8:17 AM, HadesGamingPL said:

Talk to Simaris in the relay -

I LOVED this part of the quest.

I didn't. At all. To cite one of the comments on the wiki:

Talk about demonstraing all that is wrong with parkour in a single mission, DE.

I lost count how many times I fell off those bloody platforms. And making the entire stage red and the "bad" notes red is just great when you want to see which way you have to run to pick up that last one that's blocking progress.

In all honesty, that last mission made me consider to just abandon the quest. Sure, Suda is my main syndicate, but getting rid of Ordis somewhat sweetened the deal.