The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please gives us a mute octavia button

Ambiroa

This game already has so many sounds, especially high level survival, the last thing I want to hear is a bad composed house track, that is on repeat. Over and over and over and ... It's driving me nuts to the point that I just want to leave the mission.

I have her myself, because like pokemon, gotta have them all, but I can see her becoming my least favorite frame for simply the mentioned reason.

A mute button on any mission where an octavia joined would be great.

I know it's not a valid suggestion (and I'm not stating it as a suggestion for that matter) but I usually turn Music Audio off, because 99% of the time I'm already listening to music from my media player.

Though yeah, an option to mute Octavia's sounds exclusively would be a nice thing for those that rather listen to the Warframe ambient/music and not a bunch of clamor going off at once.

Just now, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

So they failed again it sounds like. Good going de

It's not a fail, or rather the fail is them forgeting the mute option

It was obvious people were going to ask for one.

They simply can't make everybody love all type of music

As a courtesy, I only have Octavia's music set as low as possible with black energy so I don't offend. I have my loud music for friends, but pugs get nearly mute without that much eye strain. 

We need an option to mute because I made three songs and have doom, and would like to have a listen without annoying another player.

22 minutes ago, kuchn said:

her buffs are superfluous

I find the multishot and invisibility to be pretty helpful. But even still, they're still buffs nonetheless. The point still stands that if someone wants a certain buff or so (multishot, invisibility, melee damage+, etc), but have it mute, then well....just be aware that this is the consequence of it.

Anyway on topic, I think OP the only thing you can do for now is to lower your sound effects volume or mute it all together for the time being. Especially since we have no idea if they would even implement something like that in the game specifically for Octavia. I have my doubts but you never know until then lol.

4 minutes ago, CrazyCortex said:

As a courtesy, I only have Octavia's music set as low as possible with black energy so I don't offend. I have my loud music for friends, but pugs get nearly mute without that much eye strain. 

We need an option to mute because I made three songs and have doom, and would like to have a listen without annoying another player.

Actually, you bring an interesting point. It'd be interesting if those three volume options in the step sequencer menu can be adjusted universally to all players via in the Options menu. But again, no idea if they would implement something like that.

And I feel you lol. I actually did the same and lowered my instrument volumes significantly to not irritate anyone. Though I have gotten more comments on why my music is lower than normal but I digress haha.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

I can see the desire for a Mute button for Octavia.  Given that people troll with stuff like Limbo Banish and Cataclysm, and those PK lasers on Void Defense, I can imagine that someone is trying to come up with the most annoying clash of sounds possible.

While we're asking for stuff like that, can I have a toggle so that I can be permanently immune to Volt Speed?  People spam it on defense maps, where I can't ever get out of range, and the power actually makes me feel ill.  And no, backflipping out of it constantly is not acceptable.  For one thing, it takes way longer to break out of it than it does for someone else to recast it.  For another, I've been in a couple maps where I'm fairly certain the Volt started casting it *more* when they realized I was trying to get rid of it.  Personally, I'm willing to accept being immune to my *own* Volt Speed, if it has to be an all or nothing toggle.  (Admittedly, I never use the power anyway.  Ever.)