Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade chat bugs and complaints

--Q--uixotic

Chat bugs:

• Chat UI stops responding after hitting Enter sometimes
    • I can still see what others type, but I can no longer send messages, resize/move the chat window, or play the game
    • alt-f4 is the only way out
    • I sometimes need to alt-f4 8x a day, which is getting very old
  • The chat menu doesn't include an Invite option sometimes, so I need to type /invite <name> instead
  • I can't see what I'm typing if the chat display is more than ~80% of the screen width
    • cursor moves, but no text displayed
    • resizing the chat window fixes this
  • If you repeat a message in trade chat it sometimes doesn't send anything, but it still clears your input
    • This isn't the rate-limiting behaviour, because there's no message saying to limit advertising to once every X seconds
    • If you modify it at all then it will send normally
  • Vaulted relics can only be linked in chat if you have an Intact copy of it still
    • If you only have radiant instances it's not linkable

Flawed chat behaviour that isn't a bug

• 180 char limit in trading should be enforced while entering, not while sending
    • Let me edit it, don't just discard
  • Riven mods seem to take more characters than expected - one line of items listed can exceed 180 chars
    • I suspect it's from long internal names
  • Rate limiting for trade chat seems arbitrary - give us a way of knowing when you can send
    • This combined with the char limit makes it hard to sell more than 8 items
  • Chat for trading is a flawed system, but I assume you don't have an in-game market to avoid prices falling and plat value dropping
  • Messages can contain a maximum of 5 riven links
    This is another obnoxious limitation that makes trade chat even worse than it was when you're trying to sell 10 riven mods.

Sorry, you can't post more than 5 items, or 180 characters (many of which are hidden in the riven name), or more than once every 20-60 seconds, but we won't tell you which - but we will erase your message to make you die a little more inside each time you use trading chat

</salt>

Edited by chrisx1125
remove bugs that have been fixed

New bug started today - my chat UI freezes sometimes after pressing enter.
Can't type, change tab, resize window, drag window, hit esc.
Hamburger menu still opens, navigation still scrolls, but can't click any nodes.

I've had to restart Warframe 8x or more today because of this.

I am having the very similar chat issues ever since Octavia has been released.

-I can't use all left-click-on-name-options
-I can't message someone directly, though I can receive privat messages
-I can't close private message tabs

I'm somewhat losing my mind here. Help please?

Edited by MorTraXx
mistakingly sent early.

12 hours ago, chrisx1125 said:

New bug started today - my chat UI freezes sometimes after pressing enter.
Can't type, change tab, resize window, drag window, hit esc.
Hamburger menu still opens, navigation still scrolls, but can't click any nodes.

I've had to restart Warframe 8x or more today because of this.

This is caused from sitting in the dojo for long periods of time. I think. It has been in the game a while now :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chrisx1125 said:

Still need to alt-f4 and restart when chat locks up 8x a day or so.

This is getting old.

Yes, it is getting quite old to miss trades because of neglected bugs such as this. If only this was more important than a trial exploit or conclave fixes :/

It's also unfortunate when it interrupts a conversation. After I sell things to low-MR players I frequently chat with them awhile to answer general game questions.
I was just chatting with someone after giving them a free Ignis Wraith blueprint and the chat UI froze, requiring alt-f4 and restart. Poor guy probably thinks I'm rude now.

I have no idea whether it's related, but I chat from the dojo frequently, and expand my chat box to several times the default size when trading. I probably alt-tab between Warframe and Discord more than other players.
The invisible chat input bug only seems to occur if I set the chat box to ~75% of the screen width or larger. Reducing the size shows the text again.

Edited by chrisx1125

• 3 weeks later...
On 26.3.2017 at 2:22 AM, chrisx1125 said:

Chat bugs:

• I can still see what others type, but I can no longer send messages, resize/move the chat window, or play the game

On 26.3.2017 at 2:38 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

These bugs are really annoying but the one that gets me the most is sitting in dojo too long freezes the game and requires an alt f4. This bug has been in the game for some time now and very frustrating.

Since this bug seems finally getting some attention I can contribute my two cents. As a long time player I can say that this UI freeze bug is not even remotely new. Me and couple of friends of mine all long time players have experienced this particular bug at least for several years. Also it can occur in dojo and Liset alike. Personally I've for the most part encountered it when I copy-paste a message in the chat box and press enter.

There is a workaround for this bug so you don't have to alt+f4 and restart the game however. You need to be somewhere that allows you exit to Liset for this to work (dojo for instance). While there you need keep the escape menu (menu that opens after pressing esc key) open while using chat. When UI freezes having the menu open allows you to press the leave/exit button and return to Liset. When you load into Liset everything should work normally again. You can then re-enter where you were and continue doing business. Hope this helps.

I really hope DE will fix this at some point.

On 5/6/2017 at 9:11 AM, groznez said:

There is a workaround for this bug so you don't have to alt+f4 and restart the game however. You need to be somewhere that allows you exit to Liset for this to work (dojo for instance). While there you need keep the escape menu (menu that opens after pressing esc key) open while using chat. When UI freezes having the menu open allows you to press the leave/exit button and return to Liset. When you load into Liset everything should work normally again. You can then re-enter where you were and continue doing business. Hope this helps.

I really hope DE will fix this at some point.

Thank you for the workaround. I've only had to alt-F4 3x in 2.5 hours instead of 5x, because I was able to leave the dojo 2x.

This seems to happen when I leave the chat window open for awhile without typing, e.g. while watching trade chat 

On 3/25/2017 at 6:22 PM, chrisx1125 said:

The chat menu doesn't include an Invite option sometimes

Unless I'm mistaken, it only lets you invite by clicking a name if you're in an active session (Meaning you're already in a squad and/or are in the Navigation screen). I could be wrong and it could just be a bug.

2 minutes ago, Mk_1 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it only lets you invite by clicking a name if you're in an active session (Meaning you're already in a squad and/or are in the Navigation screen). I could be wrong and it could just be a bug.

I can usually invite people by right-clicking their name and selecting invite. This works from dojo, ship, etc.
The menu option isn't there sometimes though, but using /invite <name> still works.

I have that bug over a year now.
What's funny is that you are "kind of" able to unstuck the game using the mouse and the XBOX controller and enter/exit clan will fix it.
It can be really annoying, especially on Maroo's Bazaar and while just trying to sell something on Trade.
They want us so much to spend time on trade while it is almost impossible to spend a significant amount of time without that bug happening and making you go like "meh I'm done for the day".

On 26-3-2017 at 1:22 AM, chrisx1125 said:

Chat bugs:

• The chat menu doesn't include an Invite option sometimes, so I need to type /invite <name> instead
  • I can't see what I'm typing if the chat display is more than ~80% of the screen width
    • cursor moves, but no text displayed
    • resizing the chat window fixes this
  • If you repeat a message in trade chat it sometimes doesn't send anything, but it still clears your input
    • This isn't the rate-limiting behaviour, because there's no message saying to limit advertising to once every X seconds
    • If you modify it at all then it will send normally

Flawed chat behaviour that isn't a bug

• 180 char limit in trading should be enforced while entering, not while sending
    • Let me edit it, don't just discard
  • Riven mods seem to take more characters than expected - one line of items listed can exceed 180 chars
    • I suspect it's from long internal names
  • Rate limiting for trade chat seems arbitrary - give us a way of knowing when you can send
    • This combined with the char limit makes it hard to sell more than 8 items
  • Chat for trading is a flawed system, but I assume you don't have an in-game market to avoid prices falling and plat value dropping
  • Messages can contain a maximum of 5 riven links
    This is another obnoxious limitation that makes trade chat even worse than it was when you're trying to sell 10 riven mods.

Sorry, you can't post more than 5 items, or 180 characters (many of which are hidden in the riven name), or more than once every 20-60 seconds, but we won't tell you which - but we will erase your message to make you die a little more inside each time you use trading chat

</salt>

Usually it doesn't want to send when you repeat your message. What I do is put a . (point) at the end and send. then remove, send and so on.

What DE needs to do is reduce the time needed to send another message + add an update where you can simply type your message and it will send automatically over and over again when the timer runs out. (so you don't have to sit on the trade chat for hours on end and re-type everything endlessly). or add a list of messages (you can save in some sort of "file") and it will send 1 by one from top to bottom and go back to the first 1 on the list and resend over and over again.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:22 PM, chrisx1125 said:

Chat bugs:

Actually, there is another way if you're in the dojo.  This bug happens to me ALL THE FREAKIN TIME so I make sure I hit "esc" so the mouse menu is up before I start chatting.

When the keyboard locks, click on "leave dojo" with the mouse and you'll go back to the ship.  The keyboard bug will be gone.

It's a huge hassle.

7 minutes ago, chrisx1125 said:

Yeah, up arrow to load your previous message would be ideal.

I think i remember that being live at a time.

Also @ someone doesn't add a space after the name, if you miss that, it will screw your highlight.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitting logs to support when this happens would help us track these issues down, mention in your report that I asked for the log, or message me the report number and we can look into squashing these.

Cheers,

Pablo