Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade chat bugs and complaints

--Q--uixotic

32 minutes ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Submitting logs to support when this happens would help us track these issues down, mention in your report that I asked for the log, or message me the report number and we can look into squashing these.

Cheers,

Pablo

Will do, thanks for looking into it. 

Support request created. Appears to be this section of ee.log:

4822.049 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value): In OnMessageSent(2737) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onRawInputEvent
4824.032 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In ?(8760) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyDown_MENU_SELECT
4824.233 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to index upvalue '?' (a nil value): In onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT(8810) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT
4824.617 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In ?(8760) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyDown_MENU_SELECT
4824.750 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to index upvalue '?' (a nil value): In onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT(8810) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT
4824.833 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In ?(8760) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyDown_MENU_SELECT
4824.984 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to index upvalue '?' (a nil value): In onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT(8810) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT
4827.635 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In ?(8760) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyDown_MENU_SELECT
4827.801 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to index upvalue '?' (a nil value): In onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT(8810) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::onKeyUp_MENU_SELECT
4840.594 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnFocused(8582) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnFocused
4840.644 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnUnfocused(8586) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnUnfocused
4841.095 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnFocused(8582) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnFocused
4841.745 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnUnfocused(8586) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnUnfocused
4842.545 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnFocused(8582) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnFocused
4842.578 Sys [Error]: Script Error: attempt to method global 'mMovie' (a nil value): In MinMaxBtnUnfocused(8586) originating from /Lotus/Interface/ChatRedux.lua::MinMaxBtnUnfocused

Edited by chrisx1125

Thanks, got the report, we looked into it and have a fix, should come out next hotfix. This particular part of the chat code is pretty entangled, so we fixed this case, but there might be others, just report if you find one and we'll fix them.

Cheers,

Pablo

4 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

Thanks, got the report, we looked into it and have a fix, should come out next hotfix. This particular part of the chat code is pretty entangled, so we fixed this case, but there might be others, just report if you find one and we'll fix them.

Cheers,

Pablo

Awesome - thank you. That one has been driving me crazy for a long time now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Most of these issues have been fixed - thank you again.

Remaining issues:

• The chat menu doesn't include an Invite option sometimes, so I need to type /invite <name> instead
  • I can't see what I'm typing if the chat display is more than ~80% of the screen width
    • cursor moves, but no text displayed
    • resizing the chat window fixes this
  • Vaulted relics can only be linked in chat if you have an Intact copy of it still
    • If you only have radiant instances it's not linkable

5 hours ago, chrisx1125 said:

Most of these issues have been fixed - thank you again.

Remaining issues:

• The chat menu doesn't include an Invite option sometimes, so I need to type /invite <name> instead
  • I can't see what I'm typing if the chat display is more than ~80% of the screen width
    • cursor moves, but no text displayed
    • resizing the chat window fixes this
  • Vaulted relics can only be linked in chat if you have an Intact copy of it still
    • If you only have radiant instances it's not linkable

In agreement with above, I would like to add that the chat limitation reminder and timer are cool, but can they be visible somewhere that doesn't interfere with text in chat and show up when the chat is minimized but open?