Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia's anthem is too difficault

zoobmer

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

Edited by ZBanx

They are lv20.. Easy stuff.

Just keep moving and stay off the ground and they wont hit you. Alternatively take a tank frame, or limbo, and roflstomp them. also operator beam bypasses their resistance, you can use it to pass hp thresholds and reset them.

I came extremely unprepared for sentients. Only my primary had any mods on it and it was a R Cernos with a bad build. But guess what, Limbo made it a cakewalk.

Seriously you can easily melee those things to death. If you can do all the previous quests then this should be ez pz.

16 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients

did it solo with loki. hint: operator mode void beam strips their resistances. hit em hard, pop out and beam em, go back in and do it again. easy kills

Edited by Moysa

Went solo with Volt prime, took em down with 2 shots of vectis prime behind my electric shield. Vengeful Revenant dropped when I was told to run away instead of fighting the sentients but I stopped and killed them all instead.

I was actually expecting this to be about the final "boss" (which was also easy), pretty suprised this was about the sentients.

Attack, use your Operator to reset the resistances, repeat. Stating a full squad is needed is exagerrating. If the Sentients are posing that much of a problem, it seems that's saying more about the player than the quest (not trying to antagonize/appear hostile).

Edited by LazerSkink

Sentients are pretty awful to fight, but it's not all that bad. You'll have to hide and run a lot but it's doable. I did it with Nidus and a poorly-modded Akbolto. All of the damage came from the operator, who also resets and ignores resistances.

Keep in mind that sentients can't jump. If they can't path to you, they can't touch you. It's a good idea to try and take out battalysts first, by shooting off their arms, and/or waiting for them to do the disco laser deal.

37 minutes ago, hukurokuju5 said:

trinity

rage quickthinking pflow

27 minutes ago, AzoreanEve said:

I came extremely unprepared for sentients. Only my primary had any mods on it and it was a R Cernos with a bad build. But guess what, Limbo made it a cakewalk.

Seriously you can easily melee those things to death. If you can do all the previous quests then this should be ez pz.

25 minutes ago, Moysa said:

did it solo with loki. hint: operator mode void beam strips their resistances. hit em hard, pop out and beam em, go back in and do it again. easy kills

23 minutes ago, JesterTheNight said:

Went solo with Volt prime, took em down with 2 shots of vectis prime behind my electric shield. Vengeful Revenant dropped when I was told to run away instead of fighting the sentients but I stopped and killed them all instead.

I was actually expecting this to be about the final "boss" (which was also easy), pretty suprised this was about the sentients.

19 minutes ago, Kjahla81 said:

Excalibur Radial Blind.

15 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Sentients are pretty awful to fight, but it's not all that bad. You'll have to hide and run a lot but it's doable. I did it with Nidus and a poorly-modded Akbolto. All of the damage came from the operator, who also resets and ignores resistances.

Keep in mind that sentients can't jump. If they can't path to you, they can't touch you. It's a good idea to try and take out battalysts first, by shooting off their arms, and/or waiting for them to do the disco laser deal.

11 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

depend on which mission in the quest u talking about, some u can invite other player. 

Heck ... i even have intenion of farming sentient for the stance mod in the quest .

can someone suggest a full, highly descriptive strategy on killing them without getting hit?

what I'm getting from these replies is to stay in the rift and spam my operator. is that it?

1 minute ago, ZBanx said:

can someone suggest a full, highly descriptive strategy on killing them without getting hit?

what I'm getting from these replies is to stay in the rift and spam my operator. is that it?

No just run in with a strong as balls or mediocre weapon and shoot them up.

When they resist your damage go into operator mode and hit them with the tenno laser to reset their resistances IF you completed The War Within.

If not bring a frame that can jack up their damage and burn them down.

If the sentient starts to blink turn around to avoid the damage, if it spins or turns into a spinning laser beam LoS them.

Bring elements too.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

No just run in with a strong as balls or mediocre weapon and shoot them up.

When they resist your damage go into operator mode and hit them with the tenno laser to reset their resistances IF you completed The War Within.

that's what I've been doing with my soma prime, and I keep failing the mission because I die over and over again.

8 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

26 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's definitely doable solo. You just need to run lots. If you had radiation, those procs will help too. Sentients are stunned for a second or two when you beam them with your Operator, so you can use that to your advantage as well. Certain frame powers such as radial blind or parasitic link also work.

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's definitely doable solo. You just need to run lots. If you had radiation, those procs will help too. Sentients are stunned for a second or two when you beam them with your Operator, so you can use that to your advantage as well. Certain frame powers such as radial blind or parasitic link also work.

if I try to shoot at them, they will kill me almost instantly. so that means my warframe will have to stay out of their line of sight the entire time somehow.

I literally brought Ivara, went into Prowl so they couldn't see me, hit them with my Rakta Cernos and then Artemis bow if I needed more damage. Did it all solo like this. Stealth may be a little cheesy, but honestly I just wanted to get through the mission without too much of a hassle. I never even used the Operator.

Edited by kinrest

It's best to use primaries or secondaries that have equal damage outputs.  Something like sybaris or twin grakatas. Sentiants adapt to damage quickly.  If you don't have a weapon like that then its best to get a couple of shots, run off, go into operator mode ,and used void beam to remove the damage resistance.