Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia's anthem is too difficault

zoobmer

26 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

if I try to shoot at them, they will kill me almost instantly. so that means my warframe will have to stay out of their line of sight the entire time somehow.

They will only kill you 'almost instantly' if you let them. At that point it's a matter of your personal skill.

I'm not great at the game and it didn't stop me. You just need to change what you're doing.

11 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

no one is telling me how to avoid dying until I finally manage to kill them -_-

Yes they are. You're not listening.

9 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

but... but... then how TF do I deal damage?

You can deal damage while moving. Or move, then deal damage from a safe location until you need to move again.

Ember + Accelerant spam
Rhino + Iron Skin + Roar + Stomp spam

Either of these works to cheese groups of sentients without any trouble. Rhino's undeniably the easier option; legit stunlocks an entire group for a long duration, has a self damage buff to help take them down in just a couple of hits, and his Stomp doesn't require LoS, so even sentients that hide behind pillars will get CCed. Not to mention, Iron Skin gives you a pretty large buffer of health for them to whittle down.

Also make sure you're using at least two high damage weapons with different elements on them. Dread/Amprex/Tigris/other high-damage-per-shot primaries work very well on them, because they'll kill or almost kill the sentient before they've built up an immunity (Rhino's self damage buff + Dread is a nasty combination). Don't bother with weapons that aren't burst - you need to do as much damage to them as possible in the smallest amount of time.

I really enjoyed the difficulty of the quest, despite struggling a bit with the last sentient part (didn't want to use Rhino, but caved, and much cheese was had). I hope future stuff is this challenging too; quests are short enough as it is, we don't need to race through them like we did with Glast Gambit or Silver Grove. TWW/TSD were much better, as is this.

As for how to keep from dying: keep them stunlocked and you won't get hit. Keep in mind that if you don't stunlock them/stomp right away, and they let off their little laser show, the lasers WILL keep going even when they're stunned, so don't get hit by those. Rhino does make killing sentients relatively easy, though, and he's a frame that's easily accessible to everyone.

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

no one is telling me how to avoid dying until I finally manage to kill them -_-

ok first, what frames have you tried? second, do those frames have vitality or some other mod to help prevent death? third, what weapons are you using? a well modded tigris prime for example can damn near one shot em.

I found the quest to be trivial and all I used was my excal that has 1 forma in it. 

Also most sentients are in the mid 30s when we fight them on lau. they are only level 20 in the mission.

The part that was difficult was the final boss fight for me. This was because everything was in a red room with a red shade of light and a red tint and then I had to find the red lit notes to jump on. (this sounds like a bad rip off of a song from the 90s)

Edited by PGDraxos

9 hours ago, Sakatchi said:

Two shot them with your Tigris prime.

+1, though make sure it's the 100% status rad/viral build. Otherwise, might have to reload a time or three more.

That's the killing part. Or a part of it.

The not dying part comes down to not getting hit (keep moving), Link/Blessing Trin, Valkyr, Assimilate Nyx, or Ivara and some deft tightrope work. All this can and will get the job done.

Think of this as a training regimen, since sentients aren't going away and we'll do nothing but see more of them going forward.

14 hours ago, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-H

I did the whole thing solo with ease. The quest is perfect & just because it is too hard for you, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed for the baby weapons. I was using Tigris Prime with tons of damage & no Rivens. I was killing them in 1 shot. If it is too hard for you, go get better gear then go again. Don't cry that it is too hard for you when it is super easy for those of us that actually have gear for high end fights.

Man how i liked this quest line...

Seriously i needed to totaly use "cowardly" tactics by using Inaros for an HP pool and the Opticor for an "good" dmg-output (cus i have forgoten that Valkyrie can wreck them relative quick).

However so my strat was staying on some place where they not directly could attack me-->attack with Opticor 1 time (they adapted instandly to it after 1 hit)--> switch to Operator mode-->attack quick with the "void beam"-->go back to frame mode-->rince and repeat for the 2nd and 3rd mission for feeled 12-15 times per Sentient.

Now i have finished the quest (must say the "boss" battle was quite interesting in compare to the rest) and i wanted to start farming the other BPs in order to craft her... well an very interesting thing is that Sentient Scouts seem to know exactly where you are no matter what you do to avoid them. I started now 3 times the crossfire mission, the scouts spawned, i stayed at the very begining of the map and around 2 mins later 1 scout directly comes to my place to scan me for spawning in the attackers.... just great i must say.

Did they changed this mechanic somewhere? Cus i can´t remember that these sentient scouts could find you when you do absolutely nothing and not even close to the battle until they leave again... In the end it´s just an tedious thing to "increase" the difficulty of Lua.

5 hours ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

Oh-Wait-Your-Serious-Let-Me-Laugh-Even-H

I did the whole thing solo with ease. The quest is perfect & just because it is too hard for you, doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed for the baby weapons. I was using Tigris Prime with tons of damage & no Rivens. I was killing them in 1 shot. If it is too hard for you, go get better gear then go again. Don't cry that it is too hard for you when it is super easy for those of us that actually have gear for high end fights.

Maybe nerf tigris prime and sentients and all end game content?

Meh... whiners everywhere bout everything...

They rush to the war withing being MR 5 and then don't know what's a Orokin Reactor or how formas work but hey! i have an operator look at my operator gear! is prettier than yours!

The quest was hard, but not impossible even solo, I finished it with my Ember Prime.

I kind of cheesed it by abusing the games bad AI though. If you go where they can't reach and also have cover they will simply stop moving or shooting. Even if you don't have strong weapons, until you have ammo it's just a mater of time.