Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

octavia's anthem is too difficault

zoobmer

2 minutes ago, Dailus said:

Maybe nerf tigris prime and sentients and all end game content?...

Lets just nerf the whole game. Everything dies in 1 shot no mater what weapon you are using. No need for mods any more either. You only need 1 point of affinity to level an item to 30. The whole star chart is open from the beginning. Everyone is now immortal just in case they STILL can't kill anything.

People who complain that something in Warframe is hard are the same people that beg for taxis to everything. They can't be bothered to play & have any skill so they get someone else to do it for them. Or in this case, they try to get the developers to coat everything in bubble wrap so little Timmy doesn't get hurt. Timmy needs to get hurt to learn what not to do next time. People don't seem to get that you can & most likely will fail at least once on something, but you look at the bad parts, pull up your big boy pants & get to work & get back at it better than before.

5 hours ago, BuzzBomb8 said:

If it is too hard for you, go get better gear then go again.

20 hours ago, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

You either need a frame that has a damage ability. E.g. Excalibur, Atlas, Titania, Wukong or Mesa

Or you need a frame that can stunlock sentients and you let your rainbow builds do the job: Rhino, Frost

and the second part

How I did it (not knowing that sentients were involved in the quest):

Step 1: Pick Mesa

Step 2: Equip a crit based secondary (I was using akstilettos prime)

Step 3: Wait till Sentients appear

Step 4: Peacemaker

Step 5: Profit.

As simple as that, sentients dead in under 4 seconds.

Rhino: Iron Skin, maximize 4 seconds of invulnerability. Or stomp.
Loki: Hushed Invis
Excalibur: Blind
Mirage: Blind, or outDPS
Ivara: Prowl
Nova: MPrime
Ash: Smokescreen, BS + other weapons
Banshee: Sonar
Wukong: Defy
Frost: Ice Wave Impedance
Trinity: Blessing

Probably some more suggestions. Mainly, bring at least 2 weapons with different elementals, or the kid's laser.

21 hours ago, ZBanx said:

edit: none of the stuff you guys are saying help with the obscene DPS that Sentients have, which keeps killing me.

I just finished the quest using Mag Prime and Sancti Tigris.  The Sentients went down after an average of 2 shots.  Strength build Mag, Magnetize, pump as much ammo as you can into the ball, rinse, repeat.

22 hours ago, Cat__Nap said:

Ember + Accelerant spam
Rhino + Iron Skin + Roar + Stomp spam

Either of these works to cheese groups of sentients without any trouble. Rhino's undeniably the easier option; legit stunlocks an entire group for a long duration, has a self damage buff to help take them down in just a couple of hits, and his Stomp doesn't require LoS, so even sentients that hide behind pillars will get CCed. Not to mention, Iron Skin gives you a pretty large buffer of health for them to whittle down.

Also make sure you're using at least two high damage weapons with different elements on them. Dread/Amprex/Tigris/other high-damage-per-shot primaries work very well on them, because they'll kill or almost kill the sentient before they've built up an immunity (Rhino's self damage buff + Dread is a nasty combination). Don't bother with weapons that aren't burst - you need to do as much damage to them as possible in the smallest amount of time.

I really enjoyed the difficulty of the quest, despite struggling a bit with the last sentient part (didn't want to use Rhino, but caved, and much cheese was had). I hope future stuff is this challenging too; quests are short enough as it is, we don't need to race through them like we did with Glast Gambit or Silver Grove. TWW/TSD were much better, as is this.

As for how to keep from dying: keep them stunlocked and you won't get hit. Keep in mind that if you don't stunlock them/stomp right away, and they let off their little laser show, the lasers WILL keep going even when they're stunned, so don't get hit by those. Rhino does make killing sentients relatively easy, though, and he's a frame that's easily accessible to everyone.

thanks for giving a complete strategy. this will be much more helpful! the only issue is my Rhino is pretty much just built for iron skin, so can you message me a good build for this?

@BuzzBomb8 I play warframe to work as a team with other players. for me, it's about the community being able to do what single players can't. naturally, when the game forces me to solo a mission for no apparent reason, I get angry. (the ending to Second Dream and The War Within quests actually had good reasons to have you solo it. it's not so with this quest.)

On 3/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, ZBanx said:

it takes a full squad to defeat sentients. yet this quest throws them at the player in drones, and expects them to beat the sentients on their own. please fix this quest to either be easier, or to allow a full team.

Step 1: acquire Limbo

Step 2: use cataclysm

Step 3: use ZE WAURDO!

One sentient are stopped in there tracks, proceed to take your favorte beating stick and mash them in the face till the die.... also be aware you can now remove the sentient's damage immunity by using your operator's beam attack it removes it and only takes a quick shot to do so. They are not nearly as dangerous as they use to be.

Edit:

oh if you are curious as to what build i use on my Limbo its fairly basic stuff as i havent got to modding him properly using basic health, shield, duration damage ect no corrupted mods on him yet not till i figure out just how i want to build him.... with the changes he's pretty nifty frame now.

Edited by LordLokai

8 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

Step 1: acquire Limbo

Step 2: use cataclysm

Step 3: use ZE WAURDO!

One sentient are stopped in there tracks, proceed to take your favorte beating stick and mash them in the face till the die.... also be aware you can now remove the sentient's damage immunity by using your operator's beam attack it removes it and only takes a quick shot to do so. They are not nearly as dangerous as they use to be.

Edit:

oh if you are curious as to what build i use on my Limbo its fairly basic stuff as i havent got to modding him properly using basic health, shield, duration damage ect no corrupted mods on him yet not till i figure out just how i want to build him.... with the changes he's pretty nifty frame now.

I haven't maxed my limbo yet, but once I do, I'll use him to unload several shots of Sancti Tigris onto the sentients while they are frozen, and then escape. that should do it!

2 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

I haven't maxed my limbo yet, but once I do, I'll use him to unload several shots of Sancti Tigris onto the sentients while they are frozen, and then escape. that should do it!

No you don't use ranged when rift is active do to it stopping bullets in the air you use melee, only thing need to watch for is how buggy the rift is, sometimes the sentients initial attack will still go off and have to wait for it to go away, BUT what i did was just melee them down with my destra, since rift doesnt effect melee damage at least atm.

=3 hope this helps

Edit:

Big game changer for me was learning our operators void ray removes the immunity that goes for stalker to, it means they cant go immune to your attacks anymore and you can kill them with any setup.

Edited by LordLokai

On 26/03/2017 at 2:16 PM, ZBanx said:

I haven't had any trouble with the sentients in the quest at least not yet but i guess thats cause i run excal with a mixed build for radial blind and exalted blade and a melee built for gas damage. Even without the gas melee I had no trouble with them, I find that the sentients have a hard time becoming immune to impact damage in comparison to puncture or slash if that helps.

Edited by ImmortalGryphon

20 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

If you have a Sancti, take a strength build Mag and spam Magnetize... 

1 hour ago, ZBanx said:

@BuzzBomb8 I play warframe to work as a team with other players. for me, it's about the community being able to do what single players can't. naturally, when the game forces me to solo a mission for no apparent reason, I get angry. (the ending to Second Dream and The War Within quests actually had good reasons to have you solo it. it's not so with this quest.)

Quests being solo or mostly solo isn't a new thing. Not really understanding why you're "angry".

Side note, everyone in this thread has been giving you advice and you just seem salty/and or unwilling to do the research yourself. *shrug*

Edited by Tsaiorchis
Typo

Just now, ZBanx said:

why, what does that do?

Magnetize has a damage multiplier that's tied to power strength.  My Mag Prime has 226% which puts the multiplier at 4.52, now shoot a 20k slash Sancti Tigiris shot to that, and you only have to hit the Sentients twice, maybe three times and you're done. 

Ivara solo, Prowl and Artemis' Bow only. Was fun.

Spoiler

hg4crZ9.jpg

What you need to kill Sentients is either burst damage, or some CC, like blind or Nova's MP, or ,if you are desperate, go kid mode and blast them with the laser a bit so they lose their resistances.

On ‎26‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 3:16 AM, ZBanx said:

Use the terrain. Sentients may be powerful, they're not the most intelligent creatures.  You can easily hide behind pillars or run off into a sideroom and try and divide them. Also, sleep is very useful as a way to suppress them individually. I used Equinox and Ivara myself, using Rest and Sleep Arrow to keep some of them down while taking down the others.

As for taking them down, it's most efficient to use a weapon with high single target burst, like the Opticor, Ferrox, Javlok and Vectis and the like. Shoot the Sentient until they gain resistance, then use Transference (If you have it, if not, you should complete the War Within first) to strike the Sentient and wipe its resistances and make them stagger. That should give you just enough time to pick up your main weapon again and land another shot. With a decent build, that should already take the Sentient down to about 10-15% HP, at which point you can choose to either rinse and repeat, or simply use Transference to finish it off altogether.

Grab a Nyx,

Grab Assimilate

take whatever you want

remember to turn Assimilate off when you need to move (jumping)

that is how I beat the quest without having to revive (oh and crouching helps on the final stage)

On 26-3-2017 at 3:16 AM, ZBanx said:

Tbh i was surprised that the quest is easy as it is. Maybe instead of complaining find a way to burst them down or get more tanky or both.

Inaros (5k hp) and tons of armor + his blind works. Get a good strong melee weapon and a strong primary Dread works for cause its high 1 shot dmg potential.

ez

I was able to complete it with a death here or there, tho I wasn't exactly optimised. In retrospect I could have completed it a lot easier but I just facetanked them with the frame I had equipped from the last mission I'd run. I want to say it was Equinox (I wouldn't recomend her for this) but I can't really recall. 

That said I do think it is a bit on the brutal side for people who don't have the same range of loadout options I have available. There are a lot of people who have legit completed enough of the games content to unlock the quest who simply can't handle sentients in groups let alone being asked to solo them.