Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Insane Damage Boost from Negative IPS Riven

WillieD

I noticed an odd glitch with a riven mod I acquired earlier today, specifically one for the tiberon. Nothing about the mod was particularly out of the ordinary, until I tested it. 

As a preface, this is the current build without the riven mod, and its subsequent damage against level 140 corrupted bombards:

TT5pHMc.png?1

plOCglt.png?1

Nothing unusual. Lackluster damage against heavily armored targets. That is, until I equipped the following riven mod.

EtnyXyf.png?1

xpPQk4P.png?2

My math skills may not be perfect, but something seems off about a jump from 52 damage to 71 million. My best guess is that the -142.2% puncture caused some sort of calculation error. Either way, this is obviously unintentional, and I hope DE gets a chance to look into it before it becomes too much of a problem.

Side note: Absolutely no third party programs or hacks were used, only the riven mod. 

Edited by WillieD

I can corroborate these claims, I took my magnus into the current sortie exterminate, has a riven mod for -146.2% impact (increases puncture by more and normally removes the impact so that's why i use it). I noticed something wrong when I shot an enemy and hit... 2.1 billion impact with a critical. Best guess is it's opted to loop back around into some seriously extreme numbers, especially considering that impact should be removed (in my example) however whenever I hit someone it almost always proc'd impact. It's gone civilization ghandi and turned my hand cannon into a hand nuker. Lets just say....before I figured out exactly, or to a decent degree what was happening...the grineer got huuuuge headaches.

wADvwAa.jpg

Rolled hZ5S08C.png which caused this COunbN8.png to become this Ffq0Gml.png

the only difference between the two missions was having an empty slot vs the riven. idk how de detects cheaters but guess i have to reroll the riven or forgo using the kohm until patched

I mostly just used it to check what exactly was happening/ for details like what does it work on. Pretty much anything that moves by the way, just not arctic eximus bubbles or containers- that sort of thing. Also of note my Ferrox riven has -58.3% puncture (again the additional stats buff it enough to not matter) however since it isn't over 100% it still functions as normal. I'd just suggest avoiding using said weapons or rivens at the very least until they patch it. though seeing that 2.1 billion in both pictures is kind of amusing- apparently the max damage that can be calculated.