Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Tenno, Evieous, has passed on.

Telluric

This Friday, it was made official that our community member Evieous has passed away. I just got the news a few hours ago, and I'm still trying to figure out how to process her death. I can barely breathe; it still barely feels real to me.

I met Evie over a year ago due to my Warframe blog, where she joined our Skype chat of friends and became part of our group. We did the Divine Will tactical alert together, and took hilarious screenshots when we got bugged out in the mission. We cracked jokes about lying around on the job because we were glitched on the floor in bleedout position. It was our joke for days that we shared together.

Evie had a lot of friends, many besides our group. It was easy for her to make friends because of how kind she was towards others, and how accepting she was of newcomers and always made them feel welcome and appreciated. Our group was always at its peak when Evie was online; she brought out the best in us.

It always astounded me how resilient Evie was. Evie was transgender, as am I. We were able to bond over that together; it was one of the things that helped us to become friends to begin with. She was blossoming into a beautiful lady, and I was so proud of her and of her constant, vigilant efforts to be who she really was. Unfortunately, her parents did not share my sentiment, and offered her no support with her identity. Yet she remained strong, for a time, and relied on the love and support from us, her friends. We all were the ones who gave her the kind words and support that should have come from her parents first.

It was because of Evie's parents that she is no longer with us. They threatened to stop her medications, to change her school so that she would lose her friends, her lifeline.

Evie took her own life last week. A life that should never have had to be taken.

I'm finding it so hard to accept that she and I won't run missions together anymore. No more tac alerts. No more jokes. She's gone. She's gone and she's not coming back.

I miss you so much, Evie. I'm so sorry that this was your path to peace. May you find power in the Second Dream.

If you have friends who are transgender, please be there for them. Please love and support them. You might be the only person that does.

I never really talked to her as much as I should have, I think. She was such a kind and sweet and thoughtful person, who would link me memes to cheer me up and made terrible puns. It's surreal to think that she's not going to be there on Skype anymore to chat with, to talk about computers, or to play with in the game that meant so much to both of us because it brought us together. 

I miss you so much, Evie. I hope you've found people who support you and love you, wherever you are. I'll never forget you. 

6 hours ago, Telluric said:

I'm finding it so hard to accept that she and I won't run missions together anymore. No more tac alerts. No more jokes. She's gone. She's gone and she's not coming back.

I miss you so much, Evie. I'm so sorry that this was your path to peace. May you find power in the Second Dream.

You could make a specter in her image.

Or maybe devs could make a memorial for Tenno where we could copy their data into a specter. Data would be based on most used frame/weapons/gear/etc. Behavior data would be based on how they played the game.

Edited by RetiredEdgeLord

My deepest condolences. Losing a friend is never easy, especially losing them like that. While I might not have known her, you still have my dearest sympathies. Rest well, Tenno.

Edited by Jeahanne

Sorry to hear this.

Though, admittedly, I wonder how much regret the parents now feel.

I'm not a parent myself, but reading this and knowing of other circumstances, I think it's too easy for parents to forget that the cornerstone of support with anything is at home, the family. Without that support people can feel entirely lost.

Edited by Naith