The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mute for Octavia without muting bg music

eksby

It'd be great if we could get a mute for Octavia only, without needing to mute the background music. Sometimes the Octavia music gives me a headache, and I'm sure others would also like to have the option to mute them. 

I know it's possible to only mute instrument music, because in Mabinogi they had a similar system where you could mute instruments entirely, without muting the game music. 

Edit: And it would be nice if vice versa was possible as well, where you can mute the game music but keep instrument/Octavia music on.

Edited by eksby

What a wonderful way to handle this thread. *cough*

+1 agree. Even though as of this moment I can still handle my Octavia dropping the wubs around and don't want to mute it for myself yet, so it's just fiddly if I plan on taking her into a PUG because I have to remember to mute her first for the sake of those in my squad. Similarly, if I become sick of it one day, I won't have the guarantee that another Octavia has been kind enough (or has remembered) to do the same.

3 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

What a wonderful way to handle this thread. *cough*

+1 agree. Even though as of this moment I can still handle my Octavia dropping the wubs around and don't want to mute it for myself yet, so it's just fiddly if I plan on taking her into a PUG because I have to remember to mute her first for the sake of those in my squad. Similarly, if I become sick of it one day, I won't have the guarantee that another Octavia has been kind enough (or has remembered) to do the same.

Hmm, maybe I wasn't clear enough in the OP. I meant an option for an individual player to mute Octavia in their own game only. So if I hit that "mute Octavia" button, only  can't hear Octavia, but the other players can (unless they muted her too).

5 minutes ago, eksby said:

Hmm, maybe I wasn't clear enough in the OP. I meant an option for an individual player to mute Octavia in their own game only. So if I hit that "mute Octavia" button, only  can't hear Octavia, but the other players can (unless they muted her too).

... Yes, I know.

I was agreeing with you.

If you read what I said, you'll note I was saying that "Currently I like hearing Octavias. But I know that other people don't like hearing her, so I use the mute button on her mandachord when I go into public play, because an option for a player to mute somebody else's Octavia doesn't exist yet, and it should. Similarly, if one day I decide I don't want to listen to Octavia any more, I can only mute my own Octavia but there's no guarantee that anybody else has remembered or thought to do the same."

... So, uh. Yeah. I know precisely what you meant in the first place. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

... Yes, I know.

I was agreeing with you.

If you read what I said, you'll note I was saying that "Currently I like hearing Octavias. But I know that other people don't like hearing her, so I use the mute button on her mandachord when I go into public play, because an option for a player to mute somebody else's Octavia doesn't exist yet, and it should. Similarly, if one day I decide I don't want to listen to Octavia any more, I can only mute my own Octavia but there's no guarantee that anybody else has remembered or thought to do the same."

... So, uh. Yeah. I know precisely what you meant in the first place. Thanks. 

Ah, I see what you mean now, my mistake. 

Also, sorry for apparently giving off the impression that I was angrily(?) correcting you, maybe I should've used a question mark to show that I was only trying to clarify in case of misunderstanding. :(

1 minute ago, eksby said:

Ah, I see what you mean now, my mistake. 

Also, sorry for apparently giving off the impression that I was angrily(?) correcting you, maybe I should've used a question mark to show that I was only trying to clarify in case of misunderstanding. :(

Nah, didn't think you were angrily correcting me. I was just slightly puzzled. xD

No harm no foul, it's all good. 

2 minutes ago, Synville said:

3 days into the update and people are already getting tired of Darude Sandstorm and All Star?

... My life is over. ):

Knew about Darude but did somebody make All Star? Please gib link. For science, of course.

Edited by Airyllish

1 minute ago, Synville said:

3 days into the update and people are already getting tired of Darude Sandstorm and All Star?

... My life is over. ):

It's not really that I'm getting tired of the songs, but a 4 measure loop is way too short, and literally gives me a headache. I'm actually super hyped about Octavia and can't wait to play her, but I wasn't expecting to get literal headaches from other Octavias. 

Honestly, it'd be nice if they could also let us make longer songs, so that the music doesn't repeat quite so often. Or even if we could link 5 songs together. 

2 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Nah, didn't think you were angrily correcting me. I was just slightly puzzled. xD

Knew about Darude but did somebody make All Star? Please gib link. For science, of course.

There are quite a few variations out there, however, searching on youtube for "warframe octavia all star" will give a few results such as:

Just now, Synville said:

There are quite a few variations out there, however, searching on youtube for "warframe octavia all star" will give a few results such as:

I'm not surprised, and I'm a little impressed, but a part of me just has the automatic response of "You Stop That."

Glad to see Octavia is our new memeframe.

Just now, Airyllish said:

I'm not surprised, and I'm a little impressed, but a part of me just has the automatic response of "You Stop That."

Glad to see Octavia is our new memeframe.

I really wanted to make "glue70 - casin" happen, but... I'm not artistic enough for that or anything else for that matter

so... I resorted to memes.

THE MEMES, JACK! THEY CONTROL US!

4 minutes ago, Airyllish said:

Oh, haha my bad. What is reading comprehension at night? xD

Just now, Synville said:

Wow that All Stars is actually pretty good, if only it could be longer!! I swear, just listening to it on repeat for 4 times gives me a headache, brain pls. :(

30 minutes ago, -KyloRen- said:

Yes, it would be great, im already leaving lobbies when i see Octavia, and im sure ill be as much annoying for other players when my octavia is done building :D

You can make the tone completely silent. Theres no need for making it play some $#@&_ tunes, just be sure to cover all spots in a line so people can get buffs without the need to hear the rythm.

Just now, eksby said:

Oh, haha my bad. What is reading comprehension at night? xD

Wow that All Stars is actually pretty good, if only it could be longer!! I swear, just listening to it on repeat for 4 times gives me a headache, brain pls. :(

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that... as an apology, I would give you some relaxing music to listen to, but that might give you a headache too, so...

have a ghost hug instead!

tsrMJL0.gif

7 minutes ago, Synville said:

THE MEMES, JACK! THEY CONTROL US!

MGR? :P

1 minute ago, Synville said:

I'm genuinely sorry to hear that... as an apology, I would give you some relaxing music to listen to, but that might give you a headache too, so...

have a ghost hug instead!

tsrMJL0.gif

Nah, no worries. I play instruments irl, and listen to music all the time, so it was surprising to me that hearing Octavia players gives me a headache. I think it's to do with the extremely short four measure loop, it messes with my brain or something. :P

Thanks for the ghost hug though haha! That drawing is adorable.

Been other requests for something similar.   Allow players to adjust the power color brightness and sound volume of allies that they see and hear.    That way if a annoyingly bright or annoying sounds are going you can simply darken them, or change their volume without affecting the rest of the game for both you and other players.    Bardframe isn't alone in that, Excaliburs whoosh whoosh whoosh of its EB, players that put their Zenistar disk at eye level with bright colors, Simulors fit both with an annoying noise and bright colors.

+1. When I first heard "Bard-frame" I was like "That's some serious aural trolling you're opening us up to".

...and here we are with endless loops of Darude...

Music is normally quite personal and divisive (the best of friends can have totally different musical tastes and actively dislike each others music). However Warframe is much better experienced with the sounds on as it brings it to life as well as gives you important audio cues.

Mute buttons for all please. Frankly I'm surprised she was released without this feature- but then DE has always overestimated the degree to which players work to make each others lives better- if they did that more, fewer PUG Sorties would end in ritualistic ragequits.

On 3/28/2017 at 3:28 AM, YpsitheFlintsider said:

Actually, is it possible to get the opposite as well? Was disappointed to know I had to turn music on to hear Octavia. I usually don't like to have menu music on.

That is a good idea, I'll edit it into the OP.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:36 AM, _Vortus_ said:

Been other requests for something similar.   Allow players to adjust the power color brightness and sound volume of allies that they see and hear.    That way if a annoyingly bright or annoying sounds are going you can simply darken them, or change their volume without affecting the rest of the game for both you and other players.    Bardframe isn't alone in that, Excaliburs whoosh whoosh whoosh of its EB, players that put their Zenistar disk at eye level with bright colors, Simulors fit both with an annoying noise and bright colors.

That's a good idea as well!