The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has there been any words about the eximus "weak spots" since the dev stream?

(PSN)B0XMAN517

In the last (I think last) devstream they mentioned a change to infested eximus units. They would be invulnerable until you shoot their "weak spots". Even in the stream, Rebecca had a difficult time with a single charger. This is an interesting idea in theory, but would be a nightmare in practice.

Has anything been said since they introduced that idea?

Thanks in advance.

We do have some multipliers already for enemy body parts, so I hope that, that system can be what gets revamped and escalated, seeing as how the idea seems to be, since Eximus currently half most damage already, I guess the devs thought well why not only have weak points be damage-able?

Sargus Ruk, Lech Kril and Vey Hek already have annoying invulnerability phases, so that weak spots idea seems to be an indirect means to deal with a separate problem. I hope its fleshed out more, since there is potential, if it can be done right, avoiding invulnerability phases.

So I feel that the system that needs to be addressed is how we can combine elements for insane damage numbers and multishot. If we can see new standalone mods for Corrosive, Viral and so on, while keeping the current limits that exist, damage can be toned down some in relation to enemies.

I go into detail with the direction that I feel should be explored for how they can be changed and boosted below:

Spoiler

Status Effects

First off, I was thinking of tweaking the Effects and adjusting how often the different Effects would tick.

LgWkmV6.png

Going more in-depth with the above table on grouping damage types and assigning new Status Effects, there should also be a look at Red Status and individualizing the frequency of Status Effects.

Spoiler

BALLISTICS DAMAGE:

Puncture - per Projectile

- Current Status Effect:       Penetration (Adds 0.4 Punch Through.)
- RED Status Effect:            Exit Wound (Adds damage over time.)

Impact/Slash - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Hydro-Static Shock (Inflicts damage over time.)
- RED Status Effect:            Wound Channel (Increased damage and stagger.)

Blast  - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Pressure Wave (Stuns and throws target and nearby enemies within 5 meters to the ground.)
- RED Status Effect:            Bulldoze (Knocks targets within 10 meters of the initial target to the ground)

MELEE DAMAGE:

Puncture/Slash - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Bleed Out (Inflicts Damage over time.)
- RED Status Effect:            Bloody Mess (Bleeding Enemy has a small aura that can slow down and reduce ally LOS.)

Impact - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Crush (Staggers a target momentarily.)
- RED Status Effect:            Cripple (Staggered enemy takes longer to recover, decreasing an attribute.)

ENERGY DAMAGE:

Cold - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Snap-Freeze (Reduces movement speed, fire rate, and attack speed.)
- RED Status Effect:            Sub Zero (Affected enemy has an aura that can proc Freeze and target's armor is weakened.)

Electricity - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Chain Lightning (Deals damage to enemies within 5 meters of target, stunning them.)
- RED Status Effect:            Lightning Conduit (Chain Lighting affects more enemies within 10 meters and affect lasts longer for Robotics.)

Magnetic - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Disrupt (Reduces target’s current shields and maximum shield capacity.)
- RED Status Effect:            Interference (Disrupted enemy attains a small 5 meter aura that can proc Disrupt on allies.)

Radiation per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Weaken (Staggers and Reduces damage dealt by enemies.)
- RED Status Effect:            Radioactive (Weakened Enemy has an aura that can proc Weaken on Allies.)

Ultrasonic - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Confusion (Allows for wild shooting and Friendly Fire damage.)
- RED Status Effect:            Hooliganism (Affected enemy can Proc Confusion on others.)

CHEMICAL DAMAGE:

Heat - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Ignite (Thermal Shock weakens materiel and burns Flesh.)
- RED Status Effect:            Firestorm (The effected enemy can proc Ignite on allies.)

Toxin - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Poison (DoT, bypasses shields.)
- RED Status Effect:            Epidemic (Creates an aura on an enemy that has a chance to proc Poison on unaffected allies.)

Corrosive - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:      Corrode (Permanently degrades a target’s armor and burns Flesh.)
- RED Status Effect:           Corrosive Mist (Enemy, affected by Corrode, has reduced LOS.)

Gas - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Poison Cloud (Chokes unmasked enemies and deals poison damage.)
- RED Status Effect:            Poison Fog (Increases the size of Poison Clouds, with more opacity that reduces LOS for enemies inside it.)

Viral - per Enemy hit
- Current Status Effect:       Infect (Reduces a target’s current and maximum health.)
- RED Status Effect:            Propagated Outbreak (Creates an aura that has a chance to proc Viral on allies.)

Lastly, I was thinking of having Elemental Damage have standalone mods:

Standalone Elemental mods and tweaking values on Damage boosting mods.

Combining Elemental mods (like Heat and Cold for Blast) should be retired and standalone mods be created. Then normalize the damage boosts and status chance between IPS mods and Elemental mods, possibly as additive to Status Chance? Need to see how the game engine handles it, so up to the devs.

I could live single stat be 90% and 11 drain, with dual stat at 60/60 at 9 or 7 drain, for example.

Spoiler

GZBvLM3.png

Multi-Shot

Currently, Multi-shot increases the number of projectiles per ammo fired and simply adds that damage; so 100% Multishot, you double damage since you now have two projectiles and split Status Chances per projectile. Critical Damage does not get split up.

I'd rather see Multi-Shot not raise damage like it does now, and simply add more chances to proc, so it becomes an alternative to modding for Crits and remains very important for modding for Status.

For example:

Dc1y3xY.gif

As you can see, the gun fires one shot from the gun and depending on the base number of projectiles, is able to fire more projectiles from one shot.

So I'd look into three things:

1. Multi-Shot shares the original total damage between the added projectiles, like how Status Chance is spread between them.

2. If we want to have Multi-Shot not benefit Crit builds, Crit Chance is also split up just like Status.

3. Add a +Base Boost or Multiplier for Status, when increasing projectile count, to act as a buffer so Status does not dip too low with increasing projectile count, could be flat like Entropy Burst mod, or like the other existing Status Chance mods.

Actually, there was a post made by Rebecca that the invulnerability bit wasn't final in any way, and that they are experimenting with a lot of other options for that. Idk where the post is, but I'm 100% sure Rebecca gave us a little more information about what their thoughts were with it. 

Edited by Ker-Blammo

10 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

We do have some multipliers already for enemy body parts, so I hope that, that system can be what gets revamped and escalated, seeing as how the idea seems to be, since Eximus currently half most damage already, I guess the devs thought well why not only have weak points be damage-able?

Sargus Ruk, Lech Kril and Vey Hek already have annoying invulnerability phases, so that weak spots idea seems to be an indirect means to deal with a separate problem. I hope its fleshed out more, since there is potential, if it can be done right, avoiding invulnerability phases.

So I feel that the system that needs to be addressed is how we can combine elements for insane damage numbers and multishot. If we can see new standalone mods for Corrosive, Viral and so on, while keeping the current limits that exist, damage can be toned down some in relation to enemies.

I go into detail with the direction that I feel should be explored for how they can be changed and boosted below:

Hide contents

Status Effects

First off, I was thinking of tweaking the Effects and adjusting how often the different Effects would tick.

LgWkmV6.png

Going more in-depth with the above table on grouping damage types and assigning new Status Effects, there should also be a look at Red Status and individualizing the frequency of Status Effects.

Reveal hidden contents

BALLISTICS DAMAGE:

Puncture - per Projectile

- Current Status Effect:       Penetration (Adds 0.4 Punch Through.)
- RED Status Effect:            Exit Wound (Adds damage over time.)

Impact/Slash - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Hydro-Static Shock (Inflicts damage over time.)
- RED Status Effect:            Wound Channel (Increased damage and stagger.)

Blast  - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Pressure Wave (Stuns and throws target and nearby enemies within 5 meters to the ground.)
- RED Status Effect:            Bulldoze (Knocks targets within 10 meters of the initial target to the ground)

MELEE DAMAGE:

Puncture/Slash - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Bleed Out (Inflicts Damage over time.)
- RED Status Effect:            Bloody Mess (Bleeding Enemy has a small aura that can slow down and reduce ally LOS.)

Impact - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Crush (Staggers a target momentarily.)
- RED Status Effect:            Cripple (Staggered enemy takes longer to recover, decreasing an attribute.)

ENERGY DAMAGE:

Cold - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Snap-Freeze (Reduces movement speed, fire rate, and attack speed.)
- RED Status Effect:            Sub Zero (Affected enemy has an aura that can proc Freeze and target's armor is weakened.)

Electricity - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Chain Lightning (Deals damage to enemies within 5 meters of target, stunning them.)
- RED Status Effect:            Lightning Conduit (Chain Lighting affects more enemies within 10 meters and affect lasts longer for Robotics.)

Magnetic - per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Disrupt (Reduces target’s current shields and maximum shield capacity.)
- RED Status Effect:            Interference (Disrupted enemy attains a small 5 meter aura that can proc Disrupt on allies.)

Radiation per Enemy hit

- Current Status Effect:       Weaken (Staggers and Reduces damage dealt by enemies.)
- RED Status Effect:            Radioactive (Weakened Enemy has an aura that can proc Weaken on Allies.)

Ultrasonic - per Enemy Hit

- Current Status Effect:       Confusion (Allows for wild shooting and Friendly Fire damage.)
- RED Status Effect:            Hooliganism (Affected enemy can Proc Confusion on others.)

CHEMICAL DAMAGE:

Heat - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Ignite (Thermal Shock weakens materiel and burns Flesh.)
- RED Status Effect:            Firestorm (The effected enemy can proc Ignite on allies.)

Toxin - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Poison (DoT, bypasses shields.)
- RED Status Effect:            Epidemic (Creates an aura on an enemy that has a chance to proc Poison on unaffected allies.)

Corrosive - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:      Corrode (Permanently degrades a target’s armor and burns Flesh.)
- RED Status Effect:           Corrosive Mist (Enemy, affected by Corrode, has reduced LOS.)

Gas - per tick, chance to refresh Effect

- Current Status Effect:       Poison Cloud (Chokes unmasked enemies and deals poison damage.)
- RED Status Effect:            Poison Fog (Increases the size of Poison Clouds, with more opacity that reduces LOS for enemies inside it.)

Viral - per Enemy hit
- Current Status Effect:       Infect (Reduces a target’s current and maximum health.)
- RED Status Effect:            Propagated Outbreak (Creates an aura that has a chance to proc Viral on allies.)

Lastly, I was thinking of having Elemental Damage have standalone mods:

Standalone Elemental mods and tweaking values on Damage boosting mods.

Combining Elemental mods (like Heat and Cold for Blast) should be retired and standalone mods be created. Then normalize the damage boosts and status chance between IPS mods and Elemental mods, possibly as additive to Status Chance? Need to see how the game engine handles it, so up to the devs.

I could live single stat be 90% and 11 drain, with dual stat at 60/60 at 9 or 7 drain, for example.

Reveal hidden contents

GZBvLM3.png

Multi-Shot

Currently, Multi-shot increases the number of projectiles per ammo fired and simply adds that damage; so 100% Multishot, you double damage since you now have two projectiles and split Status Chances per projectile. Critical Damage does not get split up.

I'd rather see Multi-Shot not raise damage like it does now, and simply add more chances to proc, so it becomes an alternative to modding for Crits and remains very important for modding for Status.

For example:

Dc1y3xY.gif

As you can see, the gun fires one shot from the gun and depending on the base number of projectiles, is able to fire more projectiles from one shot.

So I'd look into three things:

1. Multi-Shot shares the original total damage between the added projectiles, like how Status Chance is spread between them.

2. If we want to have Multi-Shot not benefit Crit builds, Crit Chance is also split up just like Status.

3. Add a +Base Boost or Multiplier for Status, when increasing projectile count, to act as a buffer so Status does not dip too low with increasing projectile count, could be flat like Entropy Burst mod, or like the other existing Status Chance mods.

Post this as a thread in the Feedback section, I like this idea

They only had the initial testing of infested with crystals. They had yet developed what it would be for corpus and grineer that fits aesthetically and actually was useful as a target gameplay wise. There is also likely a ton of tweeking to make sure the spawn locations of these points are targetable per model. Then the question of balance and how much damage would they take when not getting hit on these locations and how weak should these points be in scaling and so on. I don't expect for awhile.