Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia Quest was awesome (Spoilers)!

TekNek

Fantastic work DE! Beats Second Dream out of the park. The ending when Ordis and Simaris teamed up with the Operator to defeat Hunhow was on point. And having Hunhow appear in this quest was very surprising to me. Having Suda as the main issue in getting the Octavia blueprint was brilliant. I might start using Suda's syndicate from now on. Simaris has a heart and I thought he wasnt very nice! Now I see why we had to scan synthesis targets, it was a great implementation too where the synthesis targets come into the quest. I loved the parkour thing at the end because it was unique to the quest. Lol I'd say make the parkour tileset in Octavia quest a mastery rank test but much harder cause the quest was awesome. 9/10 DE would play again! War Within will always be my #1 quest! Im still farming Octavia's last part, the helmet, but that's ok im getting lots of relics from it!

Thanks again DE,

Hearth

I loved the quest, though not the "solo-only" requirement for the first parts, which really felt a little cheap... I guess it would have taken significantly more dev time to allow multiple players to tackle those because of the Mandachord puzzles. My son was left disappointed - he couldn't defeat that many sentients solo (they could see his Ivara even when cloaked, his Tonkor has been "fixed", and he forma'd his Hek a little too eagerly recently). I don't like the ongoing trend to lock co-op out of story quests. This is a co-op game at heart, I would love DE to recognize this and embrace it in the next story missions. Let's have some sort of story when you actually get to meet and team up with other Tenno for a common cause.

That aside, the quest hit some great character beats, the letter from Ordis being a standout moment *sniff*. And while jump puzzles can drive me nuts, the story was surprising, and it won me over. And yes, I also loved Grumpy Simaris bringing in his Sanctuary team. 

This is my favourite non-cinematic quest out of the bunch.

The final boss-puzzle battle was also awesome. The only thing this quest made realize is how unfun Sentient fighters are, especially Battalysts. They chuck those bombs which are pretty much one-shots unless you bring a tank frame and when they do the disco-ball laser dance they also chuck more bombs for some reason, meaning that even when you think you've avoided the lasers you still get one shot.

Facing sentients without stealth or the War Within quest (since it lets you use the void laser to reset their resistances) is one of the most frustrating experiences of the game, especially if it's more than one or two.

1 hour ago, dstrawberrygirl said:

I don't like the ongoing trend to lock co-op out of story quests. This is a co-op game at heart, I would love DE to recognize this and embrace it in the next story missions. Let's have some sort of story when you actually get to meet and team up with other Tenno for a common cause.

I would've preferred a co-op quest too, but I honestly think it's best with keeping it solo. Having a Nezha with maglev sliding through missions while leaving the party behind is also a non-beneficial factor. Also keeping to solo play with a quest that relies that heavily on music (as they repeatably try to rub into your face) must be quite essential, so you don't have a 4 man warcry competition that completely ruins the sound design of the levels.

I don't mind more solo quests in the future, but actually having a quest where more tenno appear would be awesome, because so far, all I've seen are my tenno, warframes, non-controlled warframes and enemies. Having a quest that actually confirm the existence of other tenno, instead of only the queens referring to more of you, but never meeting one, would be absolutely awesome and something I will look forward to.

13 minutes ago, Speer-Head said:

I would've preferred a co-op quest too, but I honestly think it's best with keeping it solo. Having a Nezha with maglev sliding through missions while leaving the party behind is also a non-beneficial factor. Also keeping to solo play with a quest that relies that heavily on music (as they repeatably try to rub into your face) must be quite essential, so you don't have a 4 man warcry competition that completely ruins the sound design of the levels.

I don't mind more solo quests in the future, but actually having a quest where more tenno appear would be awesome, because so far, all I've seen are my tenno, warframes, non-controlled warframes and enemies. Having a quest that actually confirm the existence of other tenno, instead of only the queens referring to more of you, but never meeting one, would be absolutely awesome and something I will look forward to.

Having Rhino prime + Iron skin makes this a cakewalk

1 hour ago, Denpoman said:

This is my favourite non-cinematic quest out of the bunch.

The final boss-puzzle battle was also awesome. The only thing this quest made realize is how unfun Sentient fighters are, especially Battalysts. They chuck those bombs which are pretty much one-shots unless you bring a tank frame and when they do the disco-ball laser dance they also chuck more bombs for some reason, meaning that even when you think you've avoided the lasers you still get one shot.

That're the reason why you need frames like Valkyr and weapons like Tonkor/Tigris.

And that why they were nerfed kek. 

Facing sentients without stealth or the War Within quest (since it lets you use the void laser to reset their resistances) is one of the most frustrating experiences of the game, especially if it's more than one or two.

Well brace yourself because if you're gonna farm that frame you will see even more of them. Cause Lua.
Edited by -Temp0-

5 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

That're the reason why you need frames like Valkyr and weapons like Tonkor/Tigris.

Well brace yourself because if you're gonna farm that frame you will see even more of them. Cause Lua.

Winter is Coming

8 hours ago, Speer-Head said:

Technically speaking, you have.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

Spoiler

The Stalker, from what Hunhow has alluded to in The Second Dream, was once an Operator. We don't know what changed for him or how that happened, but there's evidence to suggest that he was once a Tenno.

4 hours ago, Angrados said:

Technically speaking, you have.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

Reveal hidden contents

The Stalker, from what Hunhow has alluded to in The Second Dream, was once an Operator. We don't know what changed for him or how that happened, but there's evidence to suggest that he was once a Tenno.

Spoiler

If the Stalker was once an Operator/Tenno.  Then I hope/prey DE allow players to 'become' or 'be transformed into' this form/paradigm. (I really find the entire operator arrangement incredibly jarring, and incongruous.) ((No insult to those Tenno/Operator fans.))

8 hours ago, StabbyTentacles said:
  Hide contents

If the Stalker was once an Operator/Tenno.  Then I hope/prey DE allow players to 'become' or 'be transformed into' this form/paradigm. (I really find the entire operator arrangement incredibly jarring, and incongruous.) ((No insult to those Tenno/Operator fans.))

agreed

22 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

I already have her. But in the quest you have to face tons of sentients, 3, 4 even 5 at a time.

One sentient already one shots anyone that isnt cheesing, 5 is just a ball of death without a counter outside of 100% cheese (stealth or invulnerability)

1 hour ago, Denpoman said:

I already have her. But in the quest you have to face tons of sentients, 3, 4 even 5 at a time.

One sentient already one shots anyone that isnt cheesing, 5 is just a ball of death without a counter outside of 100% cheese (stealth or invulnerability)

I just sancti tigris'd them. ez

2 hours ago, Denpoman said:

Using decent weapons and dps frames is not 'cheesing". To overcome Sentients' damage reduction you need weapons (or abilities) that deal damage in one blow like Tigris for example and not weapons that deal damage fast (like soma).

This is what you get for complaining about "cheesy" weapons and frames. Those weapons and frames here for a reason. Use them until they all turned into dogsht like Valkyr.

And in Lua you need to fight 2-3 to I think it's like 5 Sentients as well depending on your team's size. Even if you're playing solo you will face at  the very least 2-3 at once. And in survivals you will do it evey 5 minutes.   

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, -Temp0- said:

Using decent weapons and dps frames is not 'cheesing". To overcome Sentients' damage reduction you need weapons (or abilities) that deal damage in one blow like Tigris for example and not weapons that deal damage fast (like soma).

Aka, cheesing, you fight the enemy by ending the fight instantly. If you find that compelling gameplay, good for you, but players with weaker gear wont have such an easy time.

I'm not saying that sentients are hard or that the mission is hard, I'm saying that their mechanics are innacessible for newer players and that their tactics (one-shotting you) aren't particularly compelling.

11 hours ago, Denpoman said:

Aka, cheesing, you fight the enemy by ending the fight instantly. I

Aka logic not found brain exe stopped working. I mean it's even in the game's tips for the Sentients - kill them fast before tehy adapt to your damage(type). You want to keep smashing you head against the wall well go ahead.

If that is "chessing" so is Sentients, Bursas, Bombards, Nullifiers and so on.

If you find that compelling gameplay, good for you, but players with weaker gear wont have such an easy time.

You're free to die to Sentients and other mini bosses with you braton all you want. Don't really get why the likes like that go on later on forums to complain that they're dying. By that logic you're just not as good.

I'm not saying that sentients are hard or that the mission is hard, I'm saying that their mechanics are innacessible for newer players and that their tactics (one-shotting you) aren't particularly compelling.

I'd tell you more - those "tactics" all new bosses and mini bosses like Bursas have, they will fing cc you to death and later one-two shot you as you're still ccd. This is a "difficulty" in warframe, if you think using Hek instead of Braton against them and warframes with cc in return is cheesing you deserve all the deaths you got and more.

And it doesn't matter if you're a new player or not if you declined using normal weapons and frames you and Johny at mr 0 will meet the same end, ccd to death and one shotted because no parkour and no vitality/rederiction/quick thinking is going to save you so dragging new players into this saying they're the only one who suffer is pointless.

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Aka logic not found brain exe stopped working. I mean it's even in the game's tips for the Sentients - kill them fast before tehy adapt to your damage(type). You want to keep smashing you head against the wall well go ahead.

If that is "chessing" so is Sentients, Bursas, Bombards, Nullifiers and so on.

You're free to die to Sentients and other mini bosses with you braton all you want. Don't really get why the likes like that go on later on forums to complain that they're dying. By that logic you're just not as good.

I'd tell you more - those "tactics" all new bosses and mini bosses like Bursas have, they will fing cc you to death and later one-two shot you as you're still ccd. This is a "difficulty" in warframe, if you think using Hek instead of Braton against them and warframes with cc in return is cheesing you deserve all the deaths you got and more.

And it doesn't matter if you're a new player or not if you declined using normal weapons and frames you and Johny at mr 0 will meet the same end, ccd to death and one shotted because no parkour and no vitality/rederiction/quick thinking is going to save you so dragging new players into this saying they're the only one who suffer is pointless.

I see you are incapable of reading what I wrote, therefore we have nothing to gain by discussing further.

Enjoy using your cheese tactics and OP weapons, just don't come here later complaining about the game being "too easy".