Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's a good incentive to play (I hope)

(PSN)idsie

Hello dudes and dudettes,

My name is idsie and I've come up with some ways to incentivice players to play.

Now, I love this game, this is not to criticise the dev's or anything. I just want to get feedback, positive and negative aslong as it's constructive.

Right, so there are 5 parts to this; Buffs, Missions, Untradebles, Open space and IDK what to do with this

I'm just a player, I've played for a long time though. As a veteran player I have little to no incentive to come back to the game besides new weapons/ warframes or the occasional event.       I see so much potential in this game that is not being tapped at this moment, it's all about the incentive. Yes, getting a new weapon or frame is a great incentive, except it's not.

You've got the new item, what now? Going to play that tedious mission or do that long grind again just for fun? I don't think so, you just forma that baby a few times on Akkad.

One of the core problems in warframe is once you get good gear there's nothing you can't solo. You have the damage but not the enemies that can take it, unless you wait long long times in endless missions (which are pretty much obsolete). Sure, one shotting is a great thing to do but if you can't kill it in 5 shots it can kill you in five shots.

I hope these following ideas have some good incentives to play the game some more, beyond having all weapons and frames.

Hard difficulty on boss battles = get's old fast , no point if you have all the rewards -> 3 hour Buff?

Basically you could implement buffs in the game that are rewarded for beating a boss on hard difficulty. This means playing the mission with enemies starting at around level 150.

Unlocking Hardmode:

You could make Hardmode MR locked, unlockable through playing all missions of that planet or unlockable by having all junctions on that planet completed. 

MR Locked would be the least popular and could potentially cut off a big part of the playerbase - it would guarantee players with a certain degree of experience.

Unlock by playing all missions would be the best option since it also gives you a reason (besides nightmare) to play all missions -but you'd get MR 0-4 on the first few maps in matchmaking.

Unlock by completing junction would give you no incentive to do anything different from now, you've got to get them anyway and you get flooded by extremely low mr on the first few maps

What kind off buffs dude?

IMO the buffs should help you but not to a point of God Mode, 

So more along the lines of:

1. x% extra armor - Survivability - Great for long endless runners
  2. Stat effect dmg - Resistance - Great vs Infested
  3. Multishot or x% extra weapon dmg - Damage - Damage is always nice (would be low to not be op)
  4. Pick up range for warframe - Support - Bye bye sentinel, hello kubrow on long run farm.
  5. 2x focus gain - Progression - How many casuals get their 150k cap?
  6. Knockdown/stagger immunity - Counter mod - Gets rid of the Quick Thinking stagger

ofcourse these are just examples of non-op buffs.

You can only have one active buff, getting a new buff overrides the old one.

There are several ways to go about this:

1. Giving each boss its own dedicated buff - Pro: you know what you get, Con: People will flock to one boss / buff
  2. Rotating buffs between bosses - Pro: more variety in boss mission played, Con: You don't know what you get
  3. Have everyone get a different buff upon completing the mission - Pro: none, Con: Hate mail for DE
  4. Have 4 bosses with a buff at any given time, you find out which boss has which buff Acolyte style - Pro: Incentive to play different bosses, Con: buff you're looking for might not be active.

Buff strength:

1. You can choose to give everyone the 100% of the buff - Pro: Fair if everyone does equal amount of work, Con: Taxi to buff plz!
  2. Have buff scale with MR ( Just an example Max MR 100% buff - MR 0= 10% buff) - Pro: Incentive to get higher MR, Lower amount of Taxi, Con: That MR 13 won't get what he deserves when he carries your &#!.

Multi Mission type missions with better rewards = 

Three examples of using existing game modes to change up the gameplay, 

1. Spy to get Data (1 drops data mass)-> 1 terminal Mob Def to release the item of interest -> Hijack that item.  
  2. Capture target to get rescue location -> Rescue targets equals amount of players (1 or 2 cells) -> interception 1 round (extended duration) to send signal to pick up (1 rescue target per point).
  3. Sabotage energy core -> No life support, surv 10 - 15 min until life support is rebooted -> exterminate x amount. 

This way it will no longer be a case of sprint to objective, kill/destroy, run to extraction or in def/int/surv(camp) case, lets stay here and see what they throw at me for 30 minutes.                    And maybe even better, you won't run each mission with just all being frame x

Regarding the rewards,

A nice amount of credits + something like a 5 Relic Bundle with rarity depending on enemy level 

This gives you incentive to play over just sitting in a corner playing an endless mission for relics.

Ofcourse there should still be the "single missions" because not everyone has or wants to make time for longer missions.

More untradeble stuff -> more reason to play if reward / time spend is balanced. Untradeble mods (Why play Lua Challenge if you can buy the mod?) 
Dedicated reward at 50 waves def  / 1 hour survival - from a pool of 20 great (non game braking mods) Already own the item - 2 hour booster instead

So you get your friends together, play a one hour survival or 50 waves defense (mission level 25+ or something), knowing you get a great mod. If however, you already own the mod you will get a 2 hour booster instead. You only get one booster per 3 hours orso. (Basically like Trails have 24hours before you get another arcane). 

This would be a good incentive for people to play endless missions outside of Fissures because you will be rewarded. You won't be able to trade the rewarded mod or buy it in trade, so there is an incentive to play. 

*you still get 60 min Rotation C reward aswell.

More open spaces = less constricted to do cool stuff

What I love about this game is the fast pace, running, shooting, jumping. What I don't like is headbutting doors which are not opening, getting caught on little edges of purely filler object, having to hope I get to my downed teammate on time because it's a maze filled with objects that might stop me dead in my tracks.

Back when Sechura was credit farm #1 some players loved it because it was so open, you could argue it was one of the charms of old Draco. 

How come some abilities have 50m+ range and I'm stuck using it in some corridor? Give us a larger tile or room that lets us see the destruction we do, instead of some damage numbers through a wall. 

Especially Def / Mob Def/ Interception would benefit from this.

Stuff I have no idea how to make popular / improve :

Index / Arena = pointless, not used to it's potential -> too unrewarding for time spent. 
Sortie = Trail with changes in loadout + modifiers -> RNG on reward main turn off / difficulty main play reason.

I'm sorry for the long post, please ask for any clarification in the comment section and do leave feedback if you can

Please remember: All rewards/buffs/ missionfusions are just examples

Hardmode would be wonderful. Hopefully with new bosses, not only would it replicate some of the nostalgic feelings we had, it would add more content, more overall challenge and perhaps more loot. 

One thing I've always wanted is an infested cleanse aspect to navigation. Being able to witness the infestation grow, and having the option to cleanse it would be great. And incentive could be that if the infestation grows close to your dojo, it'll will shut things down(etc). 

Your ideas seem very nice, and I'd love to see some of them implemented.

Edited by Dan2Rock4

I agree that any kind of hard mode to incentive older players to keep playing would be nice. 

The game content today is mostly restricted up till level 100 ( sorties).

Only instance where you are going to face higher level enemies is if you like endless missions but those are not rewarding anymore - the bonuses are not worth to spend more time unless you like to stay long just for fun.

On the other hand, new weapons are introduced and they are more and more powerful, rivens are here as well etc etc...

So on one hand we get new and better gear constantly, on the other hand we dont actually need them because we can handle the content with half modded weapons in reality.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch

12 hours ago, derLoko2 said:

Hardmode is absolutely needed imo - but instead of simply making it lvl 150 only, make the level scale with gearscore. Higher levels mean better rewards.

Thanks for the feedback,  first off I don't want to shoot down your idea but I ran into some problems when I considered it myself

Making it relay on gearscore would be the obvious thing in any game, but not in this game. The main problem is that you can't really score gear on warframe. 

If you assign a score to a weapon you can lower your overall score by carrying just that weapon. But you could still be op -> Mirage + Simulor / Stealth frame + Crit Weapon. 

Giving mods a gear rating doesnt work because useless mod x might be OP in another build.  Just think back to conclave rating or auto build. 

Besides the problem of dealing with the scoring of the gear, you also have the problem of determining the mission level. If it scales from highest gearscore you potentially having 3 useless players. If it takes average score you open up a gate of cheesing. 

27 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Where as this could work, I just can't see making them higher levels making it any harder :p. They just need new mechanics.

It would if it would require you to stay in missions longer. Besides that I see plenty of people struggeling on Sortie and that's just lvl 80-100. Currently the game gets flooded by mechanics : Arena, Lunaro, Index, Fissure, Trail, Sortie, Nightmare mode, Conclave, Archwing etc. But the incentive to play them are minimal. 

Great ideas.

A buff, an untradable mods to pursue, a booster (thats like amazing) finally not a stupid mod behind reward table.

Actually even a powerfull mods that have a life span of 30 days after acquiring, that does not have any polarities, nor any ranks, but could be put on any polarized slot to halve mod drain. So once it expires you could go back to old-regular build.

That would be like next level ! You go on a hunt to get sweet's and enjoy for a while. Or you do not and not bother. Expiring rewards - incentive.

1 hour ago, I3jionaa said:

Great ideas.

A buff, an untradable mods to pursue, a booster (thats like amazing) finally not a stupid mod behind reward table.

Actually even a powerfull mods that have a life span of 30 days after acquiring, that does not have any polarities, nor any ranks, but could be put on any polarized slot to halve mod drain. So once it expires you could go back to old-regular build.

That would be like next level ! You go on a hunt to get sweet's and enjoy for a while. Or you do not and not bother. Expiring rewards - incentive.

That idea of having a mod that expires is a decent one. Hadn't thought of that. It'd basically be a long term buff. Problem with having it last a month or even just a week is that it becomes something you just do once a month, which is terrible for matchmaking. 

From a business perspective it would allow DE to sell slots for these mods specifically (like the exilus). This increases their revenue and it would make the mod an addition instead of a trade-off to a current mod.

My mind immediatly went to these kinds of mods:

Mods along the lines of halving negative stats on Corrupted mods or even giving a bonus 6 - 10 capacity. 

Personally id think hardmode would just get annoying. Because with less people playing it i'd have to solo mass numbers of interceptions and hijacks. Not to mention stuff like infested salvage when i got there. Not really my idea of fun. High level rescue? Capture? Exterminate? Def? Survival? Sure. 

As for index and rathoom.. why not just use the enemies there as the mini bosses that de were talking about adding. Those enemies are challenging, deadly, and they dont have cheese immortal phases. You could still do rathoom and index to fight them all at once. 

11 hours ago, LuckyCharm said:

Personally id think hardmode would just get annoying. Because with less people playing it i'd have to solo mass numbers of interceptions and hijacks. Not to mention stuff like infested salvage when i got there. Not really my idea of fun. High level rescue? Capture? Exterminate? Def? Survival? Sure. 

As for index and rathoom.. why not just use the enemies there as the mini bosses that de were talking about adding. Those enemies are challenging, deadly, and they dont have cheese immortal phases. You could still do rathoom and index to fight them all at once. 

Hard mode would be something you' only add to Boss fights. That way you get a decent player pool and have the buff rewards as incentives

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2017‎.‎03‎.‎28 at 7:21 PM, (PS4)idsie said:

My mind immediatly went to these kinds of mods

At a time of posting it my vision about expiring mods was not explained clearly. Let me expand it a bit.

That mod would be put as a 10 rotation reward of endless mission type except excavation (should be like 24 rotations). After you finish mission it would be unveiled for you similar as rivens, but at this point you could either keep the mod or forfeit mod & instead of it take the 2-3 hour booster.

Mod comes from endless, so its bonuses should help with survivability aswell as utility. Nothing to do with power str, range, duration.  Warframe mod that has double or triple stats but beeing counterpart only to rank 8 of existing mod. I know what you thinking, its not a riven. besides community been asking for more mod slots like dedicated augment slot and so on, but yet we still stuck with 8 mod slots for god knows how much more longer.

There should be 4 such mods per warframe (currently 32 warframes) created with well thought or fit theme of different warframes, like few examples volt could have rush along survivability, titania could have evasion while airborne, armour for low ehp warframes and so on.

Mod stats would not change like rivens do, these mods would be preset of combination of existing mods. Important: player could keep only one such mod per warframe meaning 32 mods total, while pool would be 32x4. These mods expire after 30 days and cannot be traded.

Allready own a mod for 1 warframe and RNG unveils another preset for same warframe (if you choose new preset old mod is dissolved), (if you keep old mod booster is for you). The only situation there you could expand (not increase) allready owned mod lifespan would be if RNG unveils exactly same mod. Not the type that cares, well you can always take booster instead of mod !

Presets for one warframe let's pick nova as example:

Spoiler

(1) +360% Vitality, + Rank 4 Quick thinking, + Rank 2 Handspring in one mod;

(2) +360% Shield capacity, +250 Armour not a percentage, + Rank 2 Sure footed; Stacking with Steel fiber would still work of base armour only!

(3) +360% Vitality, +360% Shield capacity, + Holster rate mod;

(4) +250 Armour, + Rank 2 Rage, + Rank 4 Fast deflection.

Natural talent, Rush, Rapid Resilience, Aviator weaker variants could also fit then forming preset. Even some new effects minor ones or unique themed in mind with specific warframe abilities. Different combinations, even values for different warframes.

Now i know, i did not covered all and eveything, boosters just beeing random, or rotating so we would not just do defence missions nonstop for affinity booster all the time. Nor gave examples for allready high survivability frames, nor the ones without shields at all. Nor mentioned that little increase in survivability would not result in all of sudden 5 hours endless runs, it would not, its just small convenient boost along the lines of 'Why not'.

The thing it's just in vision idea state, which means even if you agree or disagree, that would not result idea beeing implemented to the game right away, nor it would be strictly the same values as i gave in examples, maybe it would have negative values, maybe it would be too op, but there is no point to discuss how it would be if that or that would be done. Rather discussing just the idea is more appropriate way.

Normal endless runs are kinda dead except the ones that gives relics fast or xp fast & then there is endless fissures there they tried to add incentive, but all it resulted was still 4-5 rotations meta runs for extra relic. I personally would not even put these mods in fissures endless runs, just to normal ones, but hey, everything is possible.

Last but not least, it is not something that you Must do once every month. Nor you would be forced, its just counterparts of allready existing mods, having such mod maybe provide a little build diversity, maybe you would play frame you ussually do not even bother playing.

It has RNG, it has Grind, it has Rewards. If grind is too much for person he can do it once and do not bother. Remember rivens - biggest power creep in game, yet many peoples do not even bother farming kuva, buying rivens etc. But the fact those rivens are out there gives diversity & for some incentive to bother with them.

Spoiler

Congrats ! if You read all the text walls, unfortunately no special prize for you :shocked:.