Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.4

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, xTerrain said:

I can think of two ways the old Limbo could be a troll, as you say.  Since you weren't specific, allow me to answer the concerns of both:

1. Someone who Banishes other players to the Rift for the amusement of watching them flail at no longer being able to pick up things, or to do damage.  Firstly, recall that you can roll to get out of the Rift.  Admittedly, this wasn't very well publicized to those who didn't use, or research Limbo in specific, but it was possible. Secondly, note that the new Banish is an AoE ability, which means that it will be far easier for Limbo to accidentally Banish an ally that didn't want to be Banished (which was likely the case more often than not with Limbo players before the change, as it was very easy for an ally to walk in front of him at the wrong time without realizing).  Now you can be Banished for merely standing near to the wrong enemy (melee users beware).  This effect was then worsened, not helped, by the new Limbo system.

2. Someone who sits around in the Rift and never interacts with enemies or contributes anything to the team.  Given how complicated it is now to Banish any enemies and join them in the rift for combat (as previously posted in the original update 20 thread, you must come out of the Rift (dodging across the room nigh-uncontrollably), Banish them and all their buddies to the Rift, then jump back into the Rift (again, flying across the room, and squandering a majority of their knockdown effect, no less) just to make use of your most basic ability), and considering how every Rift ability now uses an area of effect (meaning that your choices are either spend all your time dodging uselessly around into and back out of the Rift to bring smaller groups of enemies in to join you, or use Cataclysm and Rift Surge to bring everyone and their dog into the Rift (which either includes your allies, likely as not giving you the title of troll: definition 1, as they can't pick things up as soon as Cataclysm wears off and you're relying on Rift Surge to keep the battle going, or excludes your allies, leaving you all alone against all the hordes of enemies, and doomed to fail because you're playing a squishy frame, balanced for spending most of his time untouchable in his own plane of existence (or you could use Stasis to stop everything, confusing your allies even if they're with you, as they can no longer deal damage for the duration of the ability, which again would likely get you labeled as a troll: definition 1))), this 'just sit around in the Rift and do nothing useful' sort of behavior is actually encouraged by the new system and its lack of time limitation.  These trolls will become more common, if anything.

I would ask you here which definition you meant, but seeing as both concerns invalidate your initial statement, I don't see the need.  However, on the off-chance that your concern is not among these two, then please enlighten me, as if there IS any valid reason for this amalgamation of a new system, I have yet to hear of it.

I still claim that a stationary Riftwalk, and/or the ability to use Banish from the other plane (perhaps at a reduced AoE or reduced damage (lower damage may actually make Limbo more fun to play at the lower levels, which is where he's normally attained, since the enemies might be able to survive entry into the Rift)), would make the new setup much more bearable than it is now.

I'm going to slightly disagree with your statement in regards to Limbo's now aoe banish being a troll for melee players. If said player is engaged in melee combat and is banished with said enemy they are still able to engage said enemy at the safety of not being obliterated by anything else outside the range of banish. So if player A is engaged in melee combat in a small group of say 3 enemies that is all that player has to contend with. Exception being nullifier bubble touching that player.

3 hours ago, kanishak1234 said:

DE Logic
players put 7-8 forma  on a weapon to make it end game viable
lets nerf it to trash and compensate for it with 1 forma

yah but it's good business because some people actually BUY forma.  so from DE's perspective it IS logical :D

I noticed that when playing survival missions of any kind I am not getting rewards after first rotation A the second A then B and C have Lotus saying good job and what not but no rewards show up and wehn ending mission nothing either at the end screen please fix ths

1 hour ago, ApocalypticFlameFury said:

I agree. I thought being unaffected by Nullifier bastard bubbles was a legit buff because Limbo is in a whole new dimension. I don't give a diving damn what technology Corpus has. Limbo is literally in another plane of existence. Corpus is lowkey overloaded as F***. Techs that one shot, Nullifiers galore, (Nullifier, Scrambus, Comba, Isolator Bursa), and now this new enemy with the mini electric shooting ground robots. Then they also got snipers and other S#&$. It's irritating. 

After dusting Limbo off and trying out his rework post 20.0.4, the being immune to nullifiers while in your own plane of existence was nice. Gave limbo the ability in high level situations to become a void field medic to revive your team and if things got too hairy limbo could just rush to extract with the rest of the team ko. Not being able to banish enemies from within the rift made no sense. I mean what good is the rift if I cant bring the enemy into my plain and just tear them to shreds. At low levels to a certain mid-high level this would help alleviate added stress to myself or fellow tenno if I take a small group and deal with them.

Ok, ill pick at that a minute. You gave limbo a passive ability which made him immune to all damage, aside from blast damage from environment, grenades and all other things limbo players have listed that they have taken damage from while in the void.

So he wasn't totally immune and I'll chock the damage received while in the void from a source outside the void as intentional. Given that possibly in some messed up warframe lore that damage from an outside source, that isn't a weapon, could cause possible spacial anomalies to send ripples into the void damaging limbo. Ok, ok.  Ill accept that.

Now, 20.0.4, I think DE logic here is in a PVE situation the risk of losing rewards due to everyone running out of revives gave limbo the ability to remove that risk, so that needed to be changed. Ok, well if that were the case change his passive entirely. Because if nullifiers can nullify limbos passive, all frames should have their passives nullified when in contact with nullifier bubble. Going off DE Logic of 20.0.4 that's pretty much what I see, except DE is singling out limbo only.

Another thing I see, is that ok, say they did not change limbo's passive leaving him immune to nullifiers, limbo runs around in the void, given that IF he could banish from within the void, he could have stasis active banish from within the void a group of enemies, dish out damage in hopes that its enough to eliminate those enemies upon deactivation of stasis. If not depending on level of enemy could just be a simple finish them off or that enemy or enemies remaining could just eat through limbo and put him on his butt.

So at low to mid-high (I'll say level 80's just for example), limbo would be almost unstoppable with his current kit, IF his passive was not affected by nullifiers and IF he could banish enemies from within the rift. Now given that aside from being immune to grineer and infested since as far as I know neither faction has a way to "disturb" the void and pull limbo out of it. Making him practically unstoppable given what I said in line 1 of this paragraph. As far as corpus, nullifiers in this case, remove the use of any power by all frames when in touch or inside the nully bubble. So limbo is strong against 2 factions and weak against 1 factions unit in this case in regards to power use outside the void. (This does not include syndicate hunting groups that spawn on players as so far from what ive seen they are immune to stasis/cata combos. Correct me if I am wrong on this.)

Yet if limbo is inside the void how in the world can nullifiers stop him from using powers? Scratching my head on this one.

So the limbo we actually have that is practically high risk play is, non banishing from inside rift. Passive nerf because hey nullifiers only affect limbos passive. (insert "what" meme) Which given his current kit you could stasis and cataclysm grineer/infested and keep moving taking no damage from big groups, or deal with them how ever that limbo player decides. 

Limbo is suppose to be "Master of the Rift." Yet he is more like novice of the rift. I just cant fathom how this is a rework when it seems to be more of a disaster. I say just change his passive to something useful all around that is unaffected by nullifiers or change it so all frames have their passives nullified. Stop singling out limbo. 

12 hours ago, Ry0uSh1n said:

After dusting Limbo off and trying out his rework post 20.0.4, the being immune to nullifiers while in your own plane of existence was nice. Gave limbo the ability in high level situations to become a void field medic to revive your team and if things got too hairy limbo could just rush to extract with the rest of the team ko. Not being able to banish enemies from within the rift made no sense. I mean what good is the rift if I cant bring the enemy into my plain and just tear them to shreds. At low levels to a certain mid-high level this would help alleviate added stress to myself or fellow tenno if I take a small group and deal with them.

Ok, ill pick at that a minute. You gave limbo a passive ability which made him immune to all damage, aside from blast damage from environment, grenades and all other things limbo players have listed that they have taken damage from while in the void.

So he wasn't totally immune and I'll chock the damage received while in the void from a source outside the void as intentional. Given that possibly in some messed up warframe lore that damage from an outside source, that isn't a weapon, could cause possible spacial anomalies to send ripples into the void damaging limbo. Ok, ok.  Ill accept that.

Now, 20.0.4, I think DE logic here is in a PVE situation the risk of losing rewards due to everyone running out of revives gave limbo the ability to remove that risk, so that needed to be changed. Ok, well if that were the case change his passive entirely. Because if nullifiers can nullify limbos passive, all frames should have their passives nullified when in contact with nullifier bubble. Going off DE Logic of 20.0.4 that's pretty much what I see, except DE is singling out limbo only.

Another thing I see, is that ok, say they did not change limbo's passive leaving him immune to nullifiers, limbo runs around in the void, given that IF he could banish from within the void, he could have stasis active banish from within the void a group of enemies, dish out damage in hopes that its enough to eliminate those enemies upon deactivation of stasis. If not depending on level of enemy could just be a simple finish them off or that enemy or enemies remaining could just eat through limbo and put him on his butt.

So at low to mid-high (I'll say level 80's just for example), limbo would be almost unstoppable with his current kit, IF his passive was not affected by nullifiers and IF he could banish enemies from within the rift. Now given that aside from being immune to grineer and infested since as far as I know neither faction has a way to "disturb" the void and pull limbo out of it. Making him practically unstoppable given what I said in line 1 of this paragraph. As far as corpus, nullifiers in this case, remove the use of any power by all frames when in touch or inside the nully bubble. So limbo is strong against 2 factions and weak against 1 factions unit in this case in regards to power use outside the void. (This does not include syndicate hunting groups that spawn on players as so far from what ive seen they are immune to stasis/cata combos. Correct me if I am wrong on this.)

Yet if limbo is inside the void how in the world can nullifiers stop him from using powers? Scratching my head on this one.

So the limbo we actually have that is practically high risk play is, non banishing from inside rift. Passive nerf because hey nullifiers only affect limbos passive. (insert "what" meme) Which given his current kit you could stasis and cataclysm grineer/infested and keep moving taking no damage from big groups, or deal with them how ever that limbo player decides. 

Limbo is suppose to be "Master of the Rift." Yet he is more like novice of the rift. I just cant fathom how this is a rework when it seems to be more of a disaster. I say just change his passive to something useful all around that is unaffected by nullifiers or change it so all frames have their passives nullified. Stop singling out limbo. 

Thank you so damn much. I agree with every single point you are making. Why nerf his passive when everyone else has a passive that isn't disabled by nullifiers and if nullifiers can take him out the void, (which makes no sense), then at least let him banish from any plane. I feel like they are scared to make Limbo what he's supposed to be. A Void Master. 100% agree with you man I hope DE listens to our cries and lets Limbo live up to his true potential. 

The bug where ODS survival is not dropping after 5 minute mark is still Here..I opened a ticket with [DE]Ryan and he assured me it was fixed, that is when i just re-ran this mission as of 4:28 am CST and theirs no drops after 5 minutes..Checked the rewards screen and still nothing...I sent screen shots, i suggest you all file tickets so they will actually look at this.

We cant farm Octavia with this issue. game breaker for the octavia frame aquisition making it so you HAVE TO BUY octavia for 640 plat... so pissed about this

Edited by shadeemry

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sentients no longer drop rewards in the Octavia’s Anthem quest as the Replay feature created a scenario where items could be gathered endlessly in forced conditions. 

Thank god i abused this on time and got broken war parts muahahahahahahahahhaa

HOmPk3n.jpg

Edited by -KyloRen-

Good day! For survival in the ruins of the orokin, the award is given only for the first 5 minutes and for the next 10, 15, 20 minutes, just no awards, no. 
Played 2 times for 20 minutes, and both times the award was given only for the first 5 minutes.

Folk, you didn't rework the Simulor line of weapons..   It was nerfed into the ground.  While I was looking forward to the rework as I tend to use the secondary explosions very much like the Penta line of weapons, the mag and radiation procs I set up on it with mods didn't do anything to ANY of the targets within the blast radius.  Further, the secondary explosions while being pretty, did as much damage as a cocktail fork to the X-Men's Blob against Grineer and Corpus forces.  

If you were so disappointed with the over-use of the weapons, you should have removed it much the same way you did the old Vandal line of weapons way back when during Informant Event when the Snipetron Vandal was introduced.  Instead, it seems spiteful to have nerfed the thing into the ground and giving users a Forma as a consolation gift.  

Oh, and when I get more sleep, I'll try to work out the laundry list of issues since the Octavia Patch, because there are butt-tons of them.  

Edited by MBaldelli
Forgot something
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ACGIFT said:

This... I'm sorry, but it kinda DESERVES a calling-out. Even that thread never specified ODD, but ODS. And given that instead now we get NO rewards past 5 minutes in ODS? This basically makes Octavia a platinum-only frame for the time being... I think that the anger a lot of players are feeling is VERY justified here.

Im proper surprised at that. I got the neuroptics on my very first ODS Run on patch 20.0.0.1

Did they break it afterwards?