Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.4

[DE]Megan

5 hours ago, Haggal said:

The "Music room" is a large room with a kind of tower inside, that has a chance to spawn in any given Lua mission. Around its midway section, attached to the encircling walls, you'll see three platforms at different levels, with 3 stepping pads on each of them. The middle platform has a console to start the puzzle. Once you complete the puzzle, jump to the area above the tower for the crate.

Well, I've been to every mission on Lua and I have not come across it. So it must have been removed.

I know we are asking this from the first minute of the Octavia's Update and we've seen no what so ever reply from you DE
Do something about this UI this is a major problem and it is making the game nearly unplayable for under 4k users

Also a BIG MAJOR BUG is happening at Orokin Derelict Survival where rotation rewards are non-existent! 
It is confirmed.

please fix these 2 things ASAP!
thanks

1 hour ago, Insane-Mana said:

It was already dead

Reading comprehension must be an issue for some people. This is not a nerf. It is a buff. Think of it like Body Count. They have increased the time you can now execute that second attack. They have not lengthened the cool down. That means you can make the distance to target to get the benefit of that second attack. 

Edited by CuChulainnWD

55 minutes ago, KnightSpark said:

Well, I've been to every mission on Lua and I have not come across it. So it must have been removed.

It's quite rare, you will want to get a team of 4 and speed-search every corner of the map a few times. I managed to get it in the first day but it took several (like 10?) tries.

What we did was exterminate so we could get the caches for the systems at the same time, it took ages but worked out well.

ODS is apparently bugged for now though, so glad I did that already.

1 hour ago, KnightSpark said:

the moon puzzles are random tilesets encountered during moon missions, they can spawn on any moon mission with the exception of the music puzzle spawning on mobile defense. if you dont think you have seen it try running with a player that has the puzzle rooms memorized by sight. you might have already gotten it without realizing it, many moon tiles seem SOMETHING like a puzzle but there are currently only 9 (counting the energy room) and of those only 7 are drift mods. just keep running either moon capture or moon exterminate and you will find it. if you have run over 6 missions without having found a puzzle try checking recruit chat for someone who knows them by sight...

if no one is available to help when in doubt looking for the music room, just listen for a room that sings to you

Edited by Licitaqua

Please Developers Don't Nerf and Make S#&$ty...... All The Fun Stuff

First Secura Lecta and Now Synoid Simulor and Telos Boltace

You Did Kill Mesa Also

Only Some People Cry because they can't get the OP stuff

I've also put this in bugs and in feedback wf+abilities, but Octavia's 1, 2 and 3 are out of sync.  

It sounds like they're starting when you initiate the keypress (which is always going to be in a musically random place as it's dictated by gameplay), instead of automatically "latching" onto a master 4 bar sequence, so that they're in sync with each other (and more than one Octavia in the same team being in sync with each other), which I presume was the intention.

Edited by Omnimorph

3 hours ago, dynomitedestryr said:

read the description for banish now

and probobly because DE does not like trolls

I can think of two ways the old Limbo could be a troll, as you say.  Since you weren't specific, allow me to answer the concerns of both:

1. Someone who Banishes other players to the Rift for the amusement of watching them flail at no longer being able to pick up things, or to do damage.  Firstly, recall that you can roll to get out of the Rift.  Admittedly, this wasn't very well publicized to those who didn't use, or research Limbo in specific, but it was possible. Secondly, note that the new Banish is an AoE ability, which means that it will be far easier for Limbo to accidentally Banish an ally that didn't want to be Banished (which was likely the case more often than not with Limbo players before the change, as it was very easy for an ally to walk in front of him at the wrong time without realizing).  Now you can be Banished for merely standing near to the wrong enemy (melee users beware).  This effect was then worsened, not helped, by the new Limbo system.

2. Someone who sits around in the Rift and never interacts with enemies or contributes anything to the team.  Given how complicated it is now to Banish any enemies and join them in the rift for combat (as previously posted in the original update 20 thread, you must come out of the Rift (dodging across the room nigh-uncontrollably), Banish them and all their buddies to the Rift, then jump back into the Rift (again, flying across the room, and squandering a majority of their knockdown effect, no less) just to make use of your most basic ability), and considering how every Rift ability now uses an area of effect (meaning that your choices are either spend all your time dodging uselessly around into and back out of the Rift to bring smaller groups of enemies in to join you, or use Cataclysm and Rift Surge to bring everyone and their dog into the Rift (which either includes your allies, likely as not giving you the title of troll: definition 1, as they can't pick things up as soon as Cataclysm wears off and you're relying on Rift Surge to keep the battle going, or excludes your allies, leaving you all alone against all the hordes of enemies, and doomed to fail because you're playing a squishy frame, balanced for spending most of his time untouchable in his own plane of existence (or you could use Stasis to stop everything, confusing your allies even if they're with you, as they can no longer deal damage for the duration of the ability, which again would likely get you labeled as a troll: definition 1))), this 'just sit around in the Rift and do nothing useful' sort of behavior is actually encouraged by the new system and its lack of time limitation.  These trolls will become more common, if anything.

I would ask you here which definition you meant, but seeing as both concerns invalidate your initial statement, I don't see the need.  However, on the off-chance that your concern is not among these two, then please enlighten me, as if there IS any valid reason for this amalgamation of a new system, I have yet to hear of it.

I still claim that a stationary Riftwalk, and/or the ability to use Banish from the other plane (perhaps at a reduced AoE or reduced damage (lower damage may actually make Limbo more fun to play at the lower levels, which is where he's normally attained, since the enemies might be able to survive entry into the Rift)), would make the new setup much more bearable than it is now.

1 hour ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Reading comprehension must be an issue for some people. This is not a nerf. It is a buff. Think of it like Body Count. They have increased the time you can now execute that second attack. They have not lengthened the cool down. That means you can make the distance to target to get the benefit of that second attack. 

either way it must have been a great improvement as i have yet to see any one use it.