Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's Anthem: Hotfix 20.0.4

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Reading comprehension must be an issue for some people. This is not a nerf. It is a buff. Think of it like Body Count. They have increased the time you can now execute that second attack. They have not lengthened the cool down. That means you can make the distance to target to get the benefit of that second attack. 

Not exactly.  The only "good" part of the nerf- I mean, change was the pulling in of the enemies.  With that 2 extra seconds that the window between the first and second slide attack, you basically have to wait two extra seconds to use the only "good" part of the change.

It's a buff in DE's mind.  It's a nerf in people who actually know how it works.

Because, you know... the second part is more hurtful than useful.

1 hour ago, itzMayan said:

Please Developers Don't Nerf and Make S#&$ty...... All The Fun Stuff

First Secura Lecta and Now Synoid Simulor and Telos Boltace

You Did Kill Mesa Also

Only Some People Cry because they can't get the OP stuff

How'd they kill Mesa?  Were you also one that thought he was meant as a "press 4 to win" frame?

I built her for duration (with efficiency on the side) even before the change rolled out.  If anything, it helped me more than hurt.  This is coming from a guy with Mesa as their most used frame.

You may want to look into the problem with the Lua Cooperation puzzle, the panels are no longer going to a fixed position when both buttons are pressed, instead the return to their initial position, locking anyone inside that tries to go for the next button. I made a discussion forum regarding this problem. http://steamcommunity.com/app/230410/discussions/2/135512625250170466/

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Nullifiers not pulling players out of the rift. 

I thought this was an intentional buff that limbo needed. Kuva defence tileset traps, enviornmental hazards and even some random enemy attacks breach through the rift, compromising limbo completely and making me wonder why I didn't bring some other warframe.

How can nullifiers touch players in the rift? Aren't they in another dimension? I get not being able to use powers and enter the rift if they're already within the nullifier and in non-rift dimension. But c'mon DE why do you hate this frame so much? It's bloody annoying that you were so quick to fix this 'glitch' and yet other things breaching the rift have been plaguing us since Limbo was added. The nerf priority attention is making me resent this game.

19 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

Thats not a fix. Rift is a different dimention.

I agree. I thought being unaffected by Nullifier bastard bubbles was a legit buff because Limbo is in a whole new dimension. I don't give a diving damn what technology Corpus has. Limbo is literally in another plane of existence. Corpus is lowkey overloaded as F***. Techs that one shot, Nullifiers galore, (Nullifier, Scrambus, Comba, Isolator Bursa), and now this new enemy with the mini electric shooting ground robots. Then they also got snipers and other S#&$. It's irritating. 

12 hours ago, MrDaylight said:

I thought this was an intentional buff that limbo needed. Kuva defence tileset traps, enviornmental hazards and even some random enemy attacks breach through the rift, compromising limbo completely and making me wonder why I didn't bring some other warframe.

How can nullifiers touch players in the rift? Aren't they in another dimension? I get not being able to use powers and enter the rift if they're already within the nullifier and in non-rift dimension. But c'mon DE why do you hate this frame so much? It's bloody annoying that you were so quick to fix this 'glitch' and yet other things breaching the rift have been plaguing us since Limbo was added. The nerf priority attention is making me resent this game.

100% agree same here....and being a Limbo main since Excalibur had Super Jump is not helping the case either. #ThanksForTheReworkNowLeaveLimboAlone 

Rip stress free sentients. Oh well, after killing 550 of them i just bought a Vengeful Revenant for a super cheap 40 plat xD

And i won 5 bucks because i won a bet their drops would be removed within 1 week 😂

At leasr it's still a great mission to farm focus in and it helped me perfect my lategame Mesa Build

Just now, Jukantos said:

Rip stress free sentients. Oh well, after killing 550 of them i just bought a Vengeful Revenant for a super cheap 40 plat xD

And i won 5 bucks because i won a bet their drops would be removed within 1 week 😂

At leasr it's still a great mission to farm focus in and it helped me perfect my lategame Mesa Build

cvsbxh.jpg

3 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Reading comprehension must be an issue for some people. This is not a nerf. It is a buff. Think of it like Body Count. They have increased the time you can now execute that second attack. They have not lengthened the cool down. That means you can make the distance to target to get the benefit of that second attack. 

It's a waste to PM me about a reply on a public forum.  Now, with that said...

There's also the thing about enemies being pushed outside of the damage zone of the second slide attack before the damage of said slide attack is applied... Making the second slide kinda pointless.  Another thing is, why would you want to push enemies out of the damage range of your attack when pushing them away doesn't damage them and if you do push them away, you have to go and kill one at a time.  Adding two extra seconds to the window basically causes the total cooldown to be increased by two seconds.  Why?  Because no one wants to push away enemies.  If you ask me, drop the second mechanic of pushing away the enemies on the slide attack, and add an AoE proc of some kind.  Puncture, maybe?  It is a puncture weapon, after all...

2 minutes ago, AntiSkillshot said:

It's a waste to PM me about a reply on a public forum.  Now, with that said...

There's also the thing about enemies being pushed outside of the damage zone of the second slide attack before the damage of said slide attack is applied... Making the second slide kinda pointless.  Another thing is, why would you want to push enemies out of the damage range of your attack when pushing them away doesn't damage them and if you do push them away, you have to go and kill one at a time.  Adding two extra seconds to the window basically causes the total cooldown to be increased by two seconds.  Why?  Because no one wants to push away enemies.  If you ask me, drop the second mechanic of pushing away the enemies on the slide attack, and add an AoE proc of some kind.  Puncture, maybe?  It is a puncture weapon, after all...

It is not a cool down. It is a window. You can wait 2 seconds to use it, the cool down is still 6 seconds. You wait 5 seconds to use it, the cooldown is still 6 seconds to the next proc. Now you can wait 8 seconds to trigger it..... guess what? The cooldown is stilll 6 seconds. Now as for the mechanics itself, I do not disagree. But your understanding of how they work, that is what I am getting at.

9 hours ago, Haggal said:

Greetings!

There's still one unclear thing about the ascension ceremony.

Say you are in a clan that has enough affinity to reach rank 8.

You build the altar, people interact with it and complete the "ceremony", stragglers within 72 hours get their 36k endo (for the rank 8), stragglers after that don't get anything.

Once the altar is inactive (or gone, if the altar disappears after the ceremony), the clan completes enough research to attain rank 9.

Is the clan allowed to start a new ascension ceremony to get the remaining 9k endo? It's the logical thinking, but I see no corroboration of this anywhere, patch notes, player's forums, comments or videos. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks!

You can Re-build Ascension Altar after 72hrs once u think u have enough points to claim Rank 9.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Sentients no longer drop rewards in the Octavia’s Anthem quest as the Replay feature created a scenario where items could be gathered endlessly in forced conditions. 
  • Fixed Decaying Sentients not appearing in the Codex. 

Ugh, this one is annoying... I farmed 107 sentients from the Lua mission in hopes of getting some Broken War parts before getting tired of it. (no dice, though I got a stack of mods I'll never use) The weapon is a pain to farm for, so perhaps some buffing to the drop rates of its parts is called for? I know DE really likes pushing those "Hunhow's Gift" packs, but I don't want to shell out 516 plat for a weapon that's basically MR fodder (when there's Galatine Prime...) and an some FashionFrame items I'm decidedly "eh" on. (Prisma > all other landing craft skins, IMO, and I don't want to look like the Origin System's most kitable encounter)

I mean, TBH the appearance rate of puzzle/challenge rooms in Lua was perfectly fine, with almost every single crossfire exterminate guaranteeing at least one (and often two) such rooms. I've been fond of telling people "You've already walked through a few without realizing it." So maybe it might not be that unreasonable to want to avoid having to run several hundred Lua missions to hopefully get those parts.

And of course, that kinda stings if Decaying Sentients are *NOW* scannable, what with no rewards given; before a repeat would've meant another chance to farm Conculysts on my way to gathering codex scans, and now a zero-reward repeat is mandated just to fill out the codex.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed a case of not receiving Orokin Derelict Defense rewards as per: <snip>

This... I'm sorry, but it kinda DESERVES a calling-out. Even that thread never specified ODD, but ODS. And given that instead now we get NO rewards past 5 minutes in ODS? This basically makes Octavia a platinum-only frame for the time being... I think that the anger a lot of players are feeling is VERY justified here.

Thanks for fixing the SSimulor.

But why did you nerf a weapon you already removed ? I mean, the Telos Boltace was already a ultra-low-tier weapon since U20 "rework", increasing the cooldown of its useless passive is simply overkill.

There are only 2 situations where I use Telos Boltace now (and even worse with that nerf) :

1- Captura, because dat skin

2- I forgot to remove it from my Setups

I've always been a Tonfas aficionado. Been playing the Kronen a lot, I think this overnerf will just make me use them back again. Or, more likely, I will use the Atterax like 90% of Warframe's population. Congratulations, we had 300 weapons with 298 nearly useless, now we have 299. Huge diversity

Edited by Chewarette

2 hours ago, kanishak1234 said:

DE Logic
players put 7-8 forma  on a weapon to make it end game viable
lets nerf it to trash and compensate for it with 1 forma

Yet strangely, this doesn't happen to other weapons many would claim are "just as viable if you forma them"?

Simply put, some weapons were so imbalanced they created a disruptive meta that smothered everything else. If in squads, you either took one of a handful of AoE meta weapons, or you basically sat back and recognized you were just getting carried by someone using a weapon like your own favorite Synoid Simulor. Skill didn't even matter; the most skillful user of a non-meta weapon would NOT out-clear even a relative newbie who'd figured out how to use a weapon like that or the Telos Boltace.

That sort of thing kinda kills the entire point of Warframe being able to boast of having almost 300 different weapons, if you can count the only "viable" ones in the single digits. Players who DID go through and repeatedly forma them definitely got their worth out of it. I mean, 42,222 kills is pretty high.

Though, from doing some of the math... The Simulor is still viable, you just have to build for status now. Which does mean you gotta re-forma it slightly for more Madurai.