Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible record? (damage cap)

Shifty9

Ever since I lost the footage of my banshee/dread reaching damage cap (linked below) I've been trying to hit it again. That was, until I whipped out my lanka. Then BAM!! Three times in a row. Has anyone else reached damage cap? I'm curious to see what other weapons are capable of it. Post your highest crits below! (even ones that aren't damage cap). [Not really sure how to link footage so I'll leave a dropbox link (there should be a preview available so you don't have to download anything)] https://www.dropbox.com/s/swcbd73reha5rxw/Damage Cap.mp4?dl=0

Well now that is intresting.

Intresting enough for me to try that too.

So what would happand if I took my Pure Damage Dread with Crit Damage/Damage Riven with max Power Banshee in there myself?

Well

1V9nckd.png

Edited by JudgeXion
I can't spell

You can reach the damage cap of ~(2^31)-1 damage using any weapon that has at least 1 damage.

If your Banshee has 200% power strength, giving Sonar a 10x damage multiplier, then you can achieve (2^31)-1 damage with a weapon that only deals 1 damage with  

ceiling (log10 2(^31)-1) = ceiling (9.33) = 10 overlapping sonar weak spots.

25 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

Wouldn't hitting max damage cap cause -ve damage due to bit overflow in binary system?

Nah, a good programer can account for it and it will just stop at the max instead of looping around and starting back at zero and counting up the excess. So like here it reads the 32bit max instead of it overflowing and registering something like 300 damage or whatever it went over by.

Edited by SilvaDreams

1 hour ago, SilvaDreams said:

Nah, a good programer can account for it and it will just stop at the max instead of looping around and starting back at zero and counting up the excess. So like here it reads the 32bit max instead of it overflowing and registering something like 300 damage or whatever it went over by.

Thing it has been broken alot of times. Right now my net is too slow to upload the pics, But the bit overflow problem is something that happens alot. And bit overflow is the main reason why -ve damage exists. Riven -ve damage ends up dealing million damage, or the -ve ammo cap ends up giving you infinite ammo is not new.

38 minutes ago, SharkPot said:

Thing it has been broken alot of times. Right now my net is too slow to upload the pics, But the bit overflow problem is something that happens alot. And bit overflow is the main reason why -ve damage exists. Riven -ve damage ends up dealing million damage, or the -ve ammo cap ends up giving you infinite ammo is not new.

Well that's merely how the system is handled, a negative amount would add thus giving health or shields.(Because normally a positive amount removes health/shields)

Where as with the ammo before it was fixed generally when you would have a negative amount in the system it would mean you have an unlimited amount. You can find that with a lot of games, when you edit their files for weapons if you set their Ammo ammount to -1 it has no ammo requirement anymore.

Edited by SilvaDreams

I have a few pics they are pretty old. Its just that my net is so slow I can't even upload pics. Those pics are from a very old thread about whats the highest damage you have ever seen. It was one of those threads that's as old as the forums themselves. Don't know if that thread was brought in to the new forums. So you can be sure there were no -ve damage rivens.

6 hours ago, Heckzu said:

You can reach the damage cap of ~(2^31)-1 damage using any weapon that has at least 1 damage.

If your Banshee has 200% power strength, giving Sonar a 10x damage multiplier, then you can achieve (2^31)-1 damage with a weapon that only deals 1 damage with  

ceiling (log10 2(^31)-1) = ceiling (9.33) = 10 overlapping sonar weak spots.

Damn I love math! Juat want to say I appreciate u sir

2 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

The 2.1 billion damage cap has been reached years ago, and many times after. 

I am aware. The "record" claim was hitting it three times in ten seconds, which made me curious as to what other players are seeing on a widespread scale. The post is not about reaching damage being a new thing :)

9 hours ago, SharkPot said:

Wouldn't hitting max damage cap cause -ve damage due to bit overflow in binary system?

If you check the other thread I linked, someone references two's complement, which is relevant when it comes to reaching the max integer of any "bit" based system. It simply inverts the digits and adds one (which is why the damage value is a negative).

Edited by Shifty9