Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people like rhino over nezha ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

I just ranked Nezha up the other day, and he just wasn't...fun? I'm not sure how to explain it, but Nezha just didn't really inspire me. I loved Rhino when I first got him. He's dirt-simple and consistent, a straight-up bruiser from one end to the other. There's no question what Rhino is all about, and that, on top of what AlendasNaro said, makes him charming to me. 

Nezha was just uninspiring by comparison. Sure, he's got interesting powers, but for me, they didn't come together as a "total package," and I never got the feeling that "this is what Nezha is all about." He seemed like a grab-bag frame (he's not the only one, of course). 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

Rhino can still tank without Iron Skin

Rhino is my main guy to go because of his Iron Skin and Clearing room Stomp. He is great and durable and perfect for Defense and Survival Missions. And his Roar is amazing against Bosses sine it basically doubles the power of all warframes in the vicinity. I think that His powers complement the character is why so many people love the Rhino. 

I prefer Nezha over Rhino.  I find Nezha's kit more suitable for my play style and I think he looks cute.  I find that with the exception of Iron Skin/Warding Halo (even then there are differences that make those two powers different), Rhino and Nezha's powers are really not that similar.  While both of them have powers that benefit the entire team, I find Nezha to shine in team play especially because of his Safeguard.  My husband and I can do interesting frame combinations because me playing Nezha can protect his frame with Halo and his crowd control powers (Firewalker and Divine Spear) if he's using someone that's particular squishy.

With that said, Rhino is more popular because he's been around longer.  He's usually the second frame new players to get.  His powers are easy to use and mod which makes it ideal for beginners.  People seem to get confused about what Nezha is and what he supposed to do, but in some ways I feel he's more like Volt than Rhino.  He has a set of tools that doesn't fit into the meta game and yet can contribute nicely to most team compositions and situations.

Depending on the build, Nezha and Rhino can have the same playstyle - Extra survivability and CC ( Using 3 and 4th powers)

Rhino´s Iron skin base health is 1200 ( Nezha is 900).

Rhino´s 4th has a range of 25 meters at base ( Nezha is 19 m)

Rhino´s 4th is less clunky, Nehza has a longer casting time and two animations tied to it

Rhino´s Iron skin can be buffed to ridiculous levels using augments

So if you consider the build where they would perform the same role, Rhino has better stats. 

Nehza is faster and can heal etc... So it is not a bad choice either. I guess it is just easier to Rhino for some people...

Just now, CeePee said:

Rhino is faster (alt helm), Rhino #4 can be used for a much larger CC. Rhino can do Spy missions.

1. Actually, taking slide speed, etc. into account, Nezha is still faster.

2. Actually, if you take the fact that Nezha's 4th opens all enemies to finishers, that sort of makes up for the slightly lower range.

3. Any frame can do spy missions 

Just wanted to point that out

Rhino is extremely simple and blunt, both ability-wise and appearance. Nezha has more depth, and more versatility but doesnt excell quite so obviously.

I do prefer Nezha to rhino though, even if I love Rhino's Graxx skin. Nezha is like if Rhino and Volt had an improbable baby together. 

Nezha is also excellent at spy missions, once you get good with Chakram, and learn to teleport with it. Making use of Chakram and knowing when your halo is going to break can also make you extremely difficult to kill, as the chakram can heal pretty well. Plus, Nezha is the absolute best at slide attacks. I really enjoy Nezha with a corrosive Serro or Atterax. 

So basically, if you play Nezha like Rhino, you are doing it wrong and won't get the best use out of it. Rhino is straight forward, Nezha is a bit more nuanced, and requires a agility.

Also, Nezha + nekros noble + kuva aesthetic  looks pretty cool. His pigtails on his alt helm kinda look like kuva braids or atterax parts, so it actually works.

Just dont put maxed rank mag lev on him.

• Like 1

The teleport seems as useful as super jump, the chakram is super weak, Nezha's shield isn't that great high level and costs more energy.

Rhino has a damage buff and a very cool deluxe skin.

Nezha is support and Rhino is a brawler. I use Nezha to help out squishy frames where as Rhino I take to sorties and floods. They are both good in different ways no need to decide who is better because of a few move similarities.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Basically: anything Nezha can do Rhino can do better.

Can rhino cast iron skin on his teammates? Lol 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)skins0208 said:

I just dont like how Nezha runs. Like if you are running straight then make a sharp left/right turn. He will "slide" forward for a bit. I just found it very annoying. Like bro get yourself a decent pair of shoes.

Lol you gotta drift with nezha . Keep practicing you'll get use to it might even end up liking it