Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do people like rhino over nezha ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

44 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Rhino is faster (alt helm), Rhino can take more damage, Rhino can Roar, Rhino #4 can be used for a much larger CC. Rhino can do Spy missions.

Rhino is love, Rhino is life.

Huh? Arcane Vanguard although awesome and my go to, will not nearly make Rhino as fast as Nezha.  

8 minutes ago, Murkar said:

The teleport seems as useful as super jump, the chakram is super weak, Nezha's shield isn't that great high level and costs more energy.

Rhino has a damage buff and a very cool deluxe skin.

Nezha is support and Rhino is a brawler. I use Nezha to help out squishy frames where as Rhino I take to sorties and floods. They are both good in different ways no need to decide who is better because of a few move similarities.

How I see it is nezha takes skill and rhino takes less skill . 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

Nezha's cc is limted by power strength affecting x-number of targets in a limited range determined by what range you've modded for.  Rhino's cc can hit an unlimited number of enemies and is only limited by power range.  By comparison, Nezha's cc is far weaker than Rhino's, which is the only reason I still prefer Rhino over Nezha.  Not that Nezha's a bad frame, it's just that...other frames do survival and cc better.

I play both and I like both                                                                                                                                                                                                             Nezha's 1-3-4 are great, I enjoy painting the map and having an Iron skin is definitely great, and the ultimate is really good CC. But the abilities just don't click with me as much as Rhino's

The reason I like Rhino a lot is mostly how he feels when playing him, His abilities sound effects and his roars with the ragdolling of his one or just the smash of his ult, they just make Rhino a blast to play.

Also because Rhino's Skins, Nezha is pretty hard to color and he isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Edited by Midrib

I personally like Nezha far more than Rhino. First off, dude's fast, can light enemies on fire by running around them, shield himself (and his teammates with his augment), Teleport and Impale all his enemies within a fairly large radius, rendering them immobile.

Rhino has a Skin that's kinda eh, just increases his DPS and possibly any nearby allies, charges to not much effect, and just stomps, temporarily keeping enemies out of commission.

A lot of people likes their warframe simple.  That's why you see a lot of Ember, Frost, Rhino, etc.  Most Rhino players are basically players that rely on two skills, Ironskin and Stomp.  Rhino is a straight-forward Tank of a warframe.  Then there's Nezha.  Although comparison-wise, he and Rhino looks like they have the same skill set, they are both very different warframes.  Nezha is more support than a tank warframe.  His fire cleanse of status effects, he has healing/teleport and he can protect others with safeguard.  This is where Nezha shine.  His safeguard (halo) not only protect other's health, it gives them CC immunity.  But unfortunately many players don't use supporting warframe as much (Nekros, Equinox, Limbo)  except maybe Trinity.  . 

• Like 1

Nezha's augment mod makes him better for me since I'm always paranoid with my sentinel health, but now I can just pop on a Warding Halo on my sentinel and focus more on my own survivability. Plus healing with the second ability is pretty nice, and ultimate can freeze a lot of enemies as well in a wide area for 10+ seconds.
And that fast sliding is great to get you far quickly.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Nezha is my favorite frame, he has everything I could ever want . He's fast , durable , can teleport , has a lot of cc , && can give others shields . Also with the right weapons to complement him he is so powerful . So what Im asking is why is he hated and less liked than rhino . I'm not really asking whos the better frame ( because it's obviously nezha :P) I wanna discuss why rhino is more popular.

To start off, because Nezha used to be a Sortie reward. That's at least 3 days of grinding. This makes it incredibly hard to get Nezha but now since he has been move to the Tenno lab, he's easier to get. People still prefer Rhino because he has a prime and is easier to acquire. He's also from the first boss you fight in the game.

9 hours ago, Midrib said:

I play both and I like both                                                                                                                                                                                                             Nezha's 1-3-4 are great, I enjoy painting the map and having an Iron skin is definitely great, and the ultimate is really good CC. But the abilities just don't click with me as much as Rhino's

The reason I like Rhino a lot is mostly how he feels when playing him, His abilities sound effects and his roars with the ragdolling of his one or just the smash of his ult, they just make Rhino a blast to play.

Also because Rhino's Skins, Nezha is pretty hard to color and he isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Agreed, I like and play both too, now.

This was not always the case for me, though.

For me, Rhino was an instant hit. He looks Beast and his powers look great, sound cool and generally feel fun to use.

When I first built Nezha I was pretty underwhelmed. He seems like a scrawny knock-off Rhino wanna-be.

On paper, they come across as very similar and I suppose then that technically they are.

BUT they feel very different to actually play. 

Even if you build them to have more or less the same basic move speed, Rhino being big feels slower and Nezha being a drifter feels faster and you have to "drive" him a bit differently. I used to hate how he slides around but recently revisited Nez, came up with a personalized build for him and got more of a handle on his movement style.  I'm enjoying him quite a bit more now. Not more so than Rhino but I like both, where before I only liked Rhino.

So I ended up making 3 builds for Nezha that emphasize different aspects.
A Divine Spears CC build.
A "Halo Guardian" build 
A high duration "cleansing ground" build.

Rhino I prefer to play as a blunt instrument. One build is more general purpose, built to be a bit faster yet buff and tough. One is an Iron Shrapnel build. And one is a more melee-centric build that doesn't really "need" Iron Skin at all.

I guess something that I like to do to make myself feel like a "veteran" now is to not play my "favorite frames with their best load-outs"  but to mess around with Frames I didn't really care for and see if I can find a way to make them fun and effective for me now.

This is actually one of the things that motivate me to spend time on the forums at all, haha. You never know when you'll come across someone's eccentric or fringe build, or just some new insights, that might just inspire some of your own! ;-)

Cheers!
~R~

Edited by Rolunde

Because Nezha challenges a lot of people´s masculinity. He´s a slim and feminine boy. Not all, but many people just lack that sense of being a "man", if they are not using a bulky or at least muscular dude. Sad but true. And if you tell them he´s a girl, then they won´t have a problem.

Edited by Horaciozhao

Nezha + oberon noble/nekros noble/nidus noble = plenty masculine. Admittedly i am not a fan of his default helmet but i dont mind his alt one. I like to think that he wears atterax blades on his head for when he is whipping around at razor speeds.

I love nezha. While there are things about him I don't like (ridiculous cast times, second animation to slam Spears even if it is my favorite ult in the game lol) he's probably my favorite frame. I like rhino primes design but for me he's just boring to play.  And sure Nezha isn't extremely bulky and "masculine" but he doesn't need to be. He's fast, agile and fun to play. But that's just me :P 

Edited by Daruru
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

Because Nezha challenges a lot of people´s masculinity. He´s a slim and feminine boy. Not all, but many people just lack that sense of being a "man", if they are not using a bulky or at least muscular dude. Sad but true. And if you tell them he´s a girl, then they won´t have a problem.

>.> I get where you are going with this, however

d5le8sw.jpg

^ More or less that

47 minutes ago, Horaciozhao said:

Really. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

How I see it is nezha takes skill and rhino takes less skill . 

Hmm are you implying that rhino cannot be played skillfully or are you saying his buff makes it too easy?

And allow me to elaborate about the teleport at least, Nezha already moves much faster than the teleport takes to setup and aside from that bullet jump can pretty much do anything the teleport can so in my eyes its kind of redundant. I use Rhino and Nezha a lot and the only skill difference is mastering the slipperiness.

Edited by Murkar
I suck at spelling

44 minutes ago, Murkar said:

Hmm are you implying that rhino cannot be played skillfully or are you saying his buff makes it too easy?

And allow me to elaborate about the teleport at least, Nezha already moves much faster than the teleport takes to setup and aside from that bullet jump can pretty much do anything the teleport can so in my eyes its kind of redundant. I use Rhino and Nezha a lot and the only skill difference is mastering the slipperiness.

No I'm not saying rhino cannot be played skillfully. Im saying exactly what I said, rhino takes less skill to use than nezha does and is easier to get use too. 

Also you could use both.. ex; bullet jump + double jump , throw chakram , aim glide, teleport, then roll.

Or you could throw the chakram , then jump in which ever direction you like then teleport , you'll carry on the same momentum before the teleport.

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_